[BTS] News: BOTM212 (Inca) Results & Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

Lots of folks made good use of all the trees, resulting in some very high scores. Eight players finished with scores >200,000!!!

The really big news is that we now have TWO new Eptathalons

Congrats to shakabrade for fastest religious victory to complete the Eptathalon!
Congrats to Powerfaker for fastest cultural victory to complete the Eptathalon!

These names will now live on to the end of time in the Civ4 BtS Pantheon!!!

Fredricksberg submitted the highest scoring Challenger submission, and Xcalibrator had the fastest Challenger victory. The special one-time Lumberjack Award goes to both these intrepid players.
Spoiler Lumberjack Plaque :
upload_2021-6-6_8-49-21.png

Lots of great competition for the Highest score, an Conquistador63 gets the Gold Medal in a packed field!!! Zhary was VERY close, and gets the Silver Medal. Lymond rounds out the top three with a space win for the Bronze.

Lots of Domination, but no Conquests. Shame!!! :nono::joke:

The rest of the awards are listed below. Thanks for playing and I hope everyone enjoyed the game!!!

BtS BOTM 212 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Conquistador 63: 880 AD Domination Victory, 246,252 points.

zhary: 1130 AD Domination Victory, 246,034 points.

lymond: 1580 AD Spaceship Victory, 232,588 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Powerfaker: 1250 AD Cultural Victory, 152,678 points.

shakabrade: 275 AD Religious Victory, 117,377 points.

Kime11: 1840 AD Diplomatic Victory, 114,896 points.

Other Award Winners:

DynamicSpirit: 1780 AD Spaceship Victory, 119,215 points.

zbgayumn: 1030 AD Religious Victory, 107,733 points.

neilmeister: 1370 AD Cultural Victory, 96,456 points.

greatbeyond: 1888 AD Domination Victory, 64,861 points.

donsig: 1983 AD Spaceship Loss, 7,637 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Wow, some really good win dates, regardless of difficulty. Sub 1600AD Spaceship with no help from the AI research and sub 1000AD domination on low difficulty when AIs still do not take all the land is particularly impressive. 1275AD Culture is also respectable. I thought more people would opt for immediate Ivory improvement for some warrior rush, but settling on Ivory was very strong in the long term as well.
One thing I could not see in my playthrough and others have mentioned in final spoilers is some super rich island accessible by Astro. Does anyone have a screenie, by any chance? :) Thanks @kcd_swede for your fine touch on the maps. I would dare to say that with you, one should play the leader, map and mapmaker.

Lots of Domination, but no Conquests. Shame!!! :nono::joke:

The shame is that I still don't focus on a specific victory condition early enough. During my last wars, I thought about razing all the cities I took and going for conquest, but I decided I had already kept too many cities by that time, including a couple barb cities in the southwest that I captured very late in the game. I was afraid I'd inadvertently go over the domination limit (with no vassals to gift cities to), so I might as well stick to the domination path.

And so, a very middle of the pack finish for me. :sad:

Thanks for the game!

Many thanks, such a cool capital on T150 :D. One can make 3 decent, 2 great and one fantastic city with those resis. I wonder what would happen if you got a start like that, just a small patch of land with all the resources and someone like Joao who could cross the ocean with carracks. It could still be competitive.

@MarleysGh0st
In GOTM, I usually have a preference for some VC from T0 and then reinforce the decision or (rarely) pivot by T100 when I have some scouting. Truth to be told, Conquest, Domination and Space Race can all go either direction until the decision about building or skipping the Oxford.

Congrats to shaka and Powerfaker on their Eptathlon achievements! :goodjob:

Wow, I'm honestly surprised to get gold and fastest domination in such a contested game.
As I mentioned in the spoiler thread, it was sort of an aborted space race game for me. :crazyeye:

Congrats to the other winners and the eptathletes, and thanks @kcd_swede for the fun map and settings!

I wonder if I have more ambulances than everyone else combined.
I think (counting only BOTM) you have around 90 total (green and red) ambulances. Certainly well more than the next closest... but if we award one or two ambulances in almost every BOTM... I'd guess that everybody combined (including Donsig) is probably around 300 ambulances. So if you really apply yourself to the task, maybe you'll get there in 2024?

As one of our most consistent submitters, I surmise you are enjoying the games which is the main objective... so... congratulations! :think:

I think (counting only BOTM) you have around 90 total (green and red) ambulances. ... As one of our most consistent submitters, I surmise you are enjoying the games which is the main objective... so... congratulations! :think:

I'm closing in on 100 then and almost averaging one every other BOTM. I do enjoy the BOTMs, at least up to the point where the AI beats me. :lol:

Top Bottom