News: Civ VI 6otM 03 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 3
Welcome to the 3rd game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
Civ VI - 6otM 3 Details:
Player (You): Hojo of Japan
Victory Condition: Religion but all other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/?
Map Type/Size: Pangea /Standard Size
Game pace: Standard
This is where you will start
gotm3.jpg

Japanese Unique Attributes:
Spoiler :
Hojo's Special Ability: Divine Wind - Land units receive +5 combat strength in land tiles adjacent to Coast; Naval units receive +5 combat strength in shallow water tiles. Builds Encampment, Holy Site and Theater Square districts in half the time

Unique Ability
: Meji Restoration: Districts receive a +1 adjacent bonus for being next to other districts
Unique Unit: Samurai: Unique Renaissance melee unit, it does not suffer combat penalties when wounded.
Unique Building: Electronics factory: A replacement of the Factory, it provides 4 additional Culture to the City it is in.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends January 1, 2017.

Attachments

• Gotm3-ReligionVC.Civ6Save
    322.6 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited by a moderator:
Any guidelines/advice for players on unpatched Macs to stay comparative?

All I remember (aside from obvious exploits):
- No chopping outside borders
- No silly trade deals

Hmm, lots of stone for a Stonehenge site. On Prince, it might be do-able.

Japan, in-land, on Pangea. No wonder it on Prince this time, not a start that makes the most of their traits.

I guess GotM04 will be America/Domination then as Hojo and Teddy were tied for 3rd place in the poll and Domination will be the only VC (apart from score) left aside so far.
Any guidelines/advice for players on unpatched Macs to stay comparative?
No gold from deleted units is another big one!

Hmm, lots of stone for a Stonehenge site. On Prince, it might be do-able.
Japan, in-land, on Pangea. No wonder it on Prince this time, not a start that makes the most of their traits.
Might be a coast on the south (or is it snow right next to grassland??). Anyway being in-land will allow more cities close together for adjacency from Meiji Restoration. Not everything is lost. You also still have cheap Holy Sites for the VC so looks good to me.

I guess the Pantheon choice will be Desert Folklore or Stone Circles. Exploration will tell us which one is best.

There are 6 open tiles west of the settler. You can do Meiji Restoration (Playing as Japan, have a district with 6 adjacent unpillaged districts) right there.

As far as i know, CQUI won't work on saved games like GotM anyway. I tried loading GotM01 or 02 (not sure) with CQUI to see if it would work but got the vanilla interface :dunno:

You also still have cheap Holy Sites for the VC so looks good to me.

Was just sitting down to start playing this and just re-read Hojo's / Japan's traits and somehow I had never noticed the second-half of Hojo's leader abilities before. He gets the UD price for three districts (Holy, Theatre, Encamp') plus if he places them well he gets the Japan bonus on adjacency, which isn't too dissimilar from a weak UD bonus yield.

Damn... Was so turned off by his coastal focused combat bonus that I had overlooked the rest of his package. He isn't half bad. Hmm, this may be more fun then I thought.

So, send some horses to destroy all but the nearest enemy capital and get some religious unit to convert it ?

Yeah... I have to admit that is a tempting. I am trying to juggle in my head, without seeing the map or who the enemy AIs are, which I think would be faster: Army heavy, faith light, conquer then convert vs Faith heavy, scout army, explore and convert before any other religion gets entrenched.

pangea prince ?
So, send some horses to destroy all but the nearest enemy capital and get some religious unit to convert it ?

Another option, if there are one or two civs that won't convert, is to gift them enough of your cities that have your religion to upset the 50% balance in your favor.

Its not that i worry about them not converting. Its just that i would guess conquering is faster than converting.

Dont know much about religion though so if i get to playing i might actually just try to convert everything to learn instead of do conquest that i am already familiar with.

Anyone with a mac successfully loaded this? I'm stuck on the intro screen... :(

Update: The update fixed it.

Last edited:
Cool, 3rd 6OTM, 3rd totally unique experience; so different from when I was just spamming achieves on dual size maps.

Thinking I can just capture a religion and then expand it to others? Seems insane to try to spread my religion to 7 others. Don't like war, but seems very necessary now.

You can't earn a Religious Victory with an "adopted" religion. You must found your own religion and cause it to be the majority religion in a majority of the cities of each major civ (including your own, of course).

Top Bottom