1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: Civ VI 6otm02 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Mark Twain

Mark Twain Chieftain

Thanks Leif i was looking in the game map but I am up and running now! Already done 25 turn see you on the next thread in about 60 turn or so.

2. culdeus

culdeus Emperor

Messed around with this setup and map type on some generic games. I think I'm in over my head a bit.

I have found that the default sort of starting gambit to end up with 2 warrior and 4 archers early and rush a neighbor might find you with nothing to rush. Also this map type tends to be quite hilly and mountains? This slows movement to a crawl.

This plus immortal has me thinking a crushing defeat is incoming.....

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

4. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Might try the Reliquaries/suiciding apostles gambit. It's pretty hard to pull off in any game, let alone a civ/leader I have never played. I guess the point is a challenge, so GAME ON!

5. Photi

Photi Governor

Sweet, looks like an excellent starting position. For the city center i am eyeing the stone for the early extra production, depends on what the warrior reveals on his first move. I'll probably play out a practice game before i hit this map. See you all in a few days after my 1st 100.

6. Neuro

Neuro Warlord

One request: Can you turn on yields when you post the screenshot of the maps in the future? It would help when I'm at work and can't load the save yet, and I'm not 100% on tiles and such yet.

7. leif erikson

8. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

So, new patch out. I didn't download it yet, but read it should work with old saves. I suppose it's okay to play this with the new patch?

Some changes are pretty impactful for a game like this. Mostly they should make the game more challenging (AI improvements, some nerfed production policies, bugs and exploits fixed, including nerfed trade routes), but there are also some things that could help a culture victory, for example double slots for great work of writing in the Amphitheater. I'm not sure how comparable pre patch games will be with post patch games.

I guess it's back to the drawing board...

9. BuddhaBubba

BuddhaBubba Aspiring Sage

We'll have to see what Leif says... but I'm going to guess that to make things even everyone will need to play with the old version.

Personally, I'm more excited to try out the new patch than doing a 6otm right now but I think that's usually the policy.

10. culdeus

culdeus Emperor

How do you unpatch the game to play on the old version?

11. BuddhaBubba

BuddhaBubba Aspiring Sage

Well, I can tell you from my experience playing Eu4 (Europa Universalis IV) on Steam. (it may not be enabled in Civ6?)

Right click on game in the left side list -> Click 'properties'

Click on 'Beta's' tab -> Click on the drop down that says "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" and there should be an entry for the old patch

Again, this might be different for Civ6... this is just what worked for Eu4 with different patches

12. culdeus

culdeus Emperor

I think I'll just play with the patch to get used to it and not submit. Patch fixes a lot of nice things, and would be good to get a jump on how the new AI works and all that.

13. mayhemster

mayhemster Chieftain

The old patch isn't an option.

14. leif erikson

15. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

I didn't even start this one until after the patch as I was still playing practice games to try to get better first.

At least those who upload a patched save will give what's needed to help get the regular upload system working.

16. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Chieftain

Cool, will start it now. This will be my first game on immortal difficulty in any Civ game, I'm a bit nervous...

17. Seraniah

Seraniah Chieftain

Looks really fun havent played vs ai in the new patch so i like myself some challenge (joined the forum for this so that proofs a point doesnt it ;)). I think the biggest challenge will be not redoing turns although I did experience that in MP a bit so prob will manage!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  18. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

mods plz. delete

Moderator Action: Thanks for taking down the spoilers. Just to be very clear, once a player opens the game save for the game, please consider the Announcement thread off limits, you may not post in the Announcement thread. We do not wish to spoiler the game for others, even if done accidentally. Thank you for following this rule.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2016
  19. aquaBUrro

aquaBUrro Chieftain

Spoiler spoiler of the eariler spoilers... :

I hate to be punctilious...but we need to follow the rules as stated.
    The second is particularly offensive. I have not started this map yet, and now I have information from it.

edited: to spoilerize the quotes

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  20. 3EchoSix

3EchoSix Chieftain

Question on dates.

I have been waiting to live stream the previous month's GOTM. I wasn't expecting to start for 6otm01 until Dec 1. Then I see this announcement for 6otm02. Does this mean we are cleared hot to post videos and stream 6otm01? Or are there frequently more than 1 GOTM going concurrently?

Thanks!