[C3C] News: COTM 131 (Japan) Results and Congratulations

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Here are the results of this Monarch game as Japan. Nine players submitted. All were winners.

A special mention goes to Lanzelot for his 20K culture victory which chalked up his third Conquests Eptathlon.

Well done everyone.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Cotta: 630 AD Domination Victory, 11,371 points.

supersova_SU: 500 AD Domination Victory, 11,263 points.

Paul#42: 470 AD Domination Victory, 11,230 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Garvarg: 820 AD Conquest Victory, 10,902 points.

Lanzelot: 1530 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 10,723 points.

Other Award Winners:

greatbeyond: 1790 AD Domination Victory, 6,015 points.

jonathanvaljean: 1810 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 4,185 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Ohhh, really. :goodjob:

But this was just because Lanzelot choosed another victory condition and all the other SID-Players don't play this game. I see after years of special training *harhar better when starting a semi milking game. So to say.

i may be late to the party, but i find it hillarious... my former scholar seems to be longing for another of my caring and attentive rants. :lol::lol::lol:

congrats Cotta and Lanze!
t_x

I am new to this escapade, but as part of my training I did this game with a few tactical saves. I pursued a 20k victory and was well on my way to glory:
glory.jpg

I had a host of wonders and my people were happy. So many of the vital resources were just out of reach that I was forced into war. I dealt the killing blow to both America and France, and took control of Paris. Things looked good until Persia started getting frisky. They eventually came at me with overwhelming force in a series of three wars. Each ended with me progressively weakened. Finally things got so bad that my people rebelled spontaneously.
overthrow.jpg

I didn't know that could happen, but I switched to Monarchy with some success. Finally, twenty years from what would have been a very tenuous cultural victory, the Persians overwhelmed me:
loss.jpg

My takeaway from this is that I need, as always, a stronger military. And also that each of the Ai civilizations is detestable in its own way.

I'm not sure a stronger military is what you need, as I see plenty of military units, but I don't think you are using them effectively. (Something I'm not too great at myself.) Artillery would be really helpful. Plus, armies in the field are mostly immune from attack, but armies in towns get swarmed. Your infantry army could be out pillaging and destroying Persia's colonies.

If you go Republic rather than Democracy, war weariness is much easier to handle, and your government is unlikely to be overthrown.

You are doing great, through. My first few games of the month I barely made it to the middle ages.

Thanks. Next time I will send my troops into battle earlier and more often. If they die I don't have to pay maintenance, if they live they become more experienced,and if they excel I might get a leader. One problem is that I usually get war weariness before my citizens do!

Top Bottom