[C3C] News: COTM 161 (Persia, Regent) - Results and Congratulations

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Here are the results of the Q4 Conquests Game as Xerxes on Regent difficulty.

Fifteen players submitted final saves, and they were all victorious. Victory conditions were an unusual mix, with Più Freddo's Spaceship winning Gold, beaten to Alpha Centauri by Lanzelot's Bronze Spaceship by just five years.

Congratulations also go to cerajo whose Siver medal willing Conquest victory resulted in a second Eptathlon award.

Well done to all players. :thumbsup::clap:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Più Freddo: 1320 AD Spaceship Victory, 11,026 points.

cerajo: 710 AD Conquest Victory, 10,746 points.

Lanzelot: 1315 AD Spaceship Victory, 9,558 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Cotta: 1160 AD Domination Victory, 9,538 points.

frog99: 1730 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 7,650 points.

Ruin: 1886 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 6,153 points.

MrRandomGuy: 1914 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 4,587 points.

Other Award Winners:

Takeo: 1260 AD Conquest Victory, 8,944 points.

zinad: 1824 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 4,615 points.

milr: 1854 AD Spaceship Victory, 4,247 points.

Captain_Jack: 1962 AD Domination Victory, 3,745 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Wow! Beaten by one turn! I had such fun whacking heads with the Immortals, who were in active duty until I disbanded them for shields close to the end that I guess I missed out some on the scientific side. Well done, Lanzelot, and well done all the rest as well!

@templar_x If I may say so I was a bit peeved by the many Ocean tiles just outside the Coastal ones with no Sea in between. Was that by accident or design? Otherwise the map was very fun to play!

wow, what a result! congrats to all the winners!!

@Piu - that is hard to say after 3 months, but actually, yes, i think i remember that i deliberately changed a few tiles so that the usual way across the oceans would not be possible!

t_x

Phew, that was a close shave! Judging by the score, you indeed reached dom limit faster than me, but I concentrated a bit better on research.
However, what beats me: you played the entire game in just 3 hours, while I used a lot of time, 54 hours, for planning everything and playing carefully, and in the end was only one turn faster...! How can you play a spaceship game, and even a well-played one like this, in only 3 hours? :eek: That is a level of mastery, I will probably never reach...

Piu, did you really only put three hours into that victory?
Probably not!

His submission failed because the time played was negative. I was able to edit the time played field in the save so that it would go through the submission system, but I had no idea what it ought to be. I'm sure it would have been a lot more than that.

because the time played was negative.
Usually that happens, when a signed integer overflows... Assuming Firaxis stored the time in a 4 byte int, counting seconds, that would be 2147483648 (or more) seconds, or 596523 hours. Ok, we got a week extension, but I don't think, it is possible to play the game for so long in about three months... :D

So how could that have happened?! Hmm, if they used milliseconds, it would be 596.523 hours or 24.85 full days, that would be possible?! :hmm:

It’s milliseconds. You may be right, but I confess I was in a hurry to get the game results posted, and I didn’t think it was critical to guess an accurate figure.

Usually that happens, when a signed integer overflows... Assuming Firaxis stored the time in a 4 byte int, counting seconds, that would be 2147483648 (or more) seconds, or 596523 hours. Ok, we got a week extension, but I don't think, it is possible to play the game for so long in about three months... :D

So how could that have happened?! Hmm, if they used milliseconds, it would be 596.523 hours or 24.85 full days, that would be possible?! :hmm:
I guess. I had the game running on my old Windows 7 computer, which I have disconnected and otherwise don't use anymore. It was sort of running there all the time or most of the time.

@Lanzelot I see you left the Babylonians in peace. So did you get any Tech from them?

I wanted to take the Sumerians earlier, but was held back by the Domination limit, since I had all the Babylonian lands. I gave them an OCC in the Tundra north of former Holland.

I guess the real master play would have been to leave Holland alone and conquer the whole other Continent... No way to know that from inside the game, though.

I remember that I hadn't met the other continent yet at the end of the ancient age, but for the other ages I always got about 2 free techs from the AI on average. And I distinctly remember that in one case I got 2 first tier techs from the AI, and then my own free tech turned out to be a second tier tech. (That must have been the industrial age and Electricity.)

And I remember that the Sumerians sneak attacked me a few turns before the modern age. I managed to make peace for one turn, get their last freebee, then asked "leave or declare", they declared again right away, and I went on to eliminate them...

Last edited:
Top Bottom