1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] News: COTM145 France Sid - Pre-game Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

That seems to be a bug in the Civilopedia update program triggered by rule changes to the Musketeer. It's the normal upgrade path: Musketman -> Swiss Mercenary -> Musketeer -> Rifleman. It works because no Civilization can build more than one kind of unit of the first three.

2. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

3. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Chieftain Supporter

Eureka!
    Thanks to the sage advice of several CivFanatics members I have successfully downloaded, opened, and begun the French COTM! I am quite excited and rather surprised that my son and I overcame the technical hurdles. It is nearly certain that the raging Sid-level Ai hordes will beat me into submission before Jeanne d'Arc can receive her first communion but my historians will chronicle the rise and fall of the French people for documentation and posting.

Più Freddo likes this.
  4. bbrady413

bbrady413 Chieftain

I'm definitely looking forward to diving into this game! Mostly because of the workers movement-2 aspect. I played one GOTM/COTM a couple years ago on Demigod and it had a worker-2 movement. It was great. Rocked the game. But this also looks like a pretty juicy start, and with plenty of time to play the game. Good luck all, happy new year, and I look forward to the spoiler threads!

By the way- who cares about real world politics in the Civilization forums. Seriously. I come here to escape the real world, not to argue about it. The fact that Marine La Pen is the covergirl for this COTM means nothing to me. It adds character to the opening thread, nothing more. Let's play some Civ.

templar_x and Più Freddo like this.
  5. Ray2

Ray2 Chieftain

Hi Piu Freddo. First of all, thanks for taking the time to make this game.

The game plays well, although it is easier than a typical SID game, mainly because of the various bonuses for the human.

However I have noticed a strange thing in my game:

(Please remove the image if you think that it is too much of a... spoiler.)

Spoiler :

I have noticed that the English were using planes (using the F-15 animation) to bombard a Russian city. They are in the Industrial Age but no one has Flight yet.

Later, I noticed that other civs use these strange planes, that apparently can also be 'captured'?:

I opened my save game with an editor, but I can't find anything wrong with the units. Let me know if you want me to upload a save game.

6. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Chieftain Supporter

Here I am replying to my own question, but I now have what I think is the correct information so I will post it in case anyone else needs to know.
    1) The COTM (Conquest of the Month) is played on Civ3 Conquests. Civ3 Conquests is the version of the game that you get with the Steam download of Civ3. If the COTM is downloaded and saved to the Conquest save folder it will open, play, and save properly.
    2)The GOTM (Game of the Month) is played on PTW (Play the World). The Steam version of Civ3 is C3C (Civ3 Complete) and includes a playable version of Civ3 Conquests, but NOT Civ3 Play the World. If the GOTM is downloaded and saved to the Conquests save folder it will open and can be played, but it cannot be saved and uploaded to the GOTM website for submission to the contest. To play the GOTM I needed to buy the Play the World discs and the original Civ3 discs on eBay, load them on my computer, and play PTW outside of Steam. The downloaded GOTM game must be save to the separate PTW save folder, not the Steam save folder.

Più Freddo likes this.
  7. Cotta

Cotta Chieftain

I've problems with the upload of my file. And PM to the stuff doens't work (error site).

So, maybe I sent it to you, Più?

8. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

(You probably mean "staff"... ;))
    If all fails, send a PM to AlanH.

9. Cotta

Cotta Chieftain

Ups, thanx. :crazyeye:

And my mistake was quite simple: I forgot that I already send it - but I got a renamed last file in my folder so I doesn't recognize...:hammer2:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019