[C3C] News: COTM148 Byzantines Demigod - Pre-game Discussion

templar_x

usually walks his talks
In this game, you will rule over the Byzantines, who are Seafaring and Scientific and start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Bronze Working. This is a Demigod level game with no sponsored victory condition. The Byzantine unique unit is the dromon, a galley with stronger attack and bombardment, and with even lethal bombardment on sea.

This is your starting position:

cotm148_start position.png

For discussion and planning ahead, you again get a greater picture of the surroundings of your start position. Please note, that in the game those tiles will not be uncovered.

Scope of the Game

Map size: large
Map topology: individually formed Archipelago, small landmass
Rivals: 7 pre-selected
Barbarians: restless
Required victory condition: none

The game is released on July 1, 2019.
Submissions are due by September 30, 2019.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

Game release page The game will be released on July 1, 2019.

Last edited:
There's a lot of food around, but the position appears a bit low on production. If we move towards one hill, we'll lose the wheat, if we move towards the other, we'll lose fresh water.
And a little request: could you turn on the grid, please? I always have a hard time seeing, which tiles are where, if the distance is a bit longer. E.g. it appears the whale tile is usable only, if we found on a banana, right?

whale or banana it is, at least on this picture ;)
t_x

July I meant and edited now. However, this is not in a month but next week. ;)
I have to thank Piu Freddo because until now he opened for me every game that I designed. This is not my forte, for sure. But this time I tried to also set it up, so to take some of the burden from him to keep OUR XOTM alive.
t_x

Last edited:
I am uncertain on a question of game mechanics and want clarification.
Is this true?:
>if we build on the wheat we DO NOT get the benefit of that tile
>if we build on the banana we still get the resource.

Top Bottom