1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News Flash!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Cyc, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

This thread is pretty much a milestone or place marker, whatever.

We completed DG4 about 5 weeks ago. We decided to play Japan about 3 weeks ago. We are considering having Elections in less than three more weeks. We've worked very hard to get as far as we have.

I am now declaring naptime. :lol: Everyone that takes a good nap gets a candy later. After naptime, we need to complete the workings of our Constitution and figure out how to open the start of the next Demogame. :cry:

Time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like bananas. So, what say we avoid the slippery slopes and get this thing wrapped up. ;)

2. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

For a brief shining moment there i thought someone was declaring the ed to all this legal BS, then i saw the 4 threads or so above this still going strong.

couldnt we just cut the legal crap and start the game right now??? im sure like the 10 or so people activly participating would be a bit dissappointed but everyone else, and by everyone else i mean everyone not involved, is getting really bored and just wants something to happen.

4. Cyc

We should get all this legal stuff worked out quickly. People voicing their opinions in no uncertain terms is what we need. Let's get some compromises going here and ratify some Articles. We need to work the disagreements out on paper, building a progressive Article in each instance.

We can't start DG5 the same way we started DG4 (without a completed rule set).

5. argon

argon Chieftain

hello
    I don't know hell about how to register me as a citizen could you tell me how
    thiw game looks very intresting to explore other aspects of the civ 3 game
    thanks

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

urr its sorta between stages at the moment, you could register as a citizen in the citizen registery, i dont have the link to hand but on the main demogame page. we may have started in another few months though ;).

join in with the constitutional discussions, if you dare;)

7. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

read this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91345

8. Epimethius

Epimethius Wish I Hadn't Been Here

Horray, Nap Time! *falls over*

I suppose this would be a really good time to give the Direct Democracy game another shot.

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I hope DG 5 I would make a comeback and be totaly redeamed :D.

10. Epimethius

So shouldn't we be stopping discussion for a while? Isn't that what was meant by nap time? ;)

11. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

The "call for nap-time" is a flop.

12. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

what world do you live in? :confused:

13. Epimethius

I just never like passing up an opertunity (one of those things you temporarily forget how to spell) for a nap. Same with shrimp and cheese grits and cheesecake.

Besides, it would give my Direct Democracy Game idea a viable second chance.

14. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

u seem to have to post in every topic somehow to get ppl to play that ;)

15. Cyc

Naptime is over people, let's get to work. ;)

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I think people actually took this nap time thing to heart, there has been less constitution discussions.

i dont know how to say this, hell i dont want to tempt fate but have we finnally finished with the rule set???? can we finnally start the game???

17. Cyc

I have finally come up with the answer! And we can start immediately! :king:

Let's play the Demogame Preparation Game! See for yourself, it's a success. We have endless debates...lasting for months with no CCs/PIs or JRs. Minimal Moderator action, lots of voting :goodjob: and a miriad of new creative ideas. :D

Well, heck. We could probably stretch out this rule thing for another couple of months, which could be seen as the normal length of a quick Demogame.

If CT's adamant about having elections in 4 days, we could elect Stuck or Epimethius as Head Waiter. That person could appoint a whole Department of Deputy Waiters (other people who are anxiously waiting for the completion of the Demogame Preparation).

Instead of Turn Chats, we could have barnstorming sessions. No time limit. And the barnstorming attendees could call a halt to it anytime they wanted! Think of it. We've created our own monster game... :eek:

Let's think of a better name than the Demogame Preparation Game and get this thing under way, waddaya say? ;)

18. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Game of Bueracracy?

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hells kitchen??? non Uk'ers might not get it.

20. Ankka

Ankka Deity

I didn't get the idea of that. :hmm: