News: GOTM 104 Results and Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
C-IV GOTM 104 Results:

First, let me mention that all entrants successfully eliminated the Costa Rican team! That means that you are all eligible for awards and medals by advancing your German team to the Semifinals. Lots of Domination games, which was expected due to the nature of the elimination tournament.

The mapmakers special award :trophy: goes to Evil Spock for having eliminated at least one team from each of the quarterfinal pairings at the earliest in-game date, easily beating the competition with his 200BC showing!

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all who played.

I've attached the final results in the mamp-maker's award for comparison, but there was a lot of manual save-checking and let me know if you think your date is wrong.

Summary of Medal Winners:

neilmeister: 1440 AD Domination Victory, 181,240 points.

Jovan Kukic: 960 AD Domination Victory, 178,816 points.

Cactus Pete: 1320 AD Domination Victory, 172,868 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

evil_spock: 50 BC Conquest Victory, 97,096 points.

Solyaris: 1685 AD Spaceship Victory, 93,871 points.

deckhand: 1906 AD Spaceship Victory, 44,391 points.

c00per: 1816 AD Diplomatic Victory, 36,457 points.

SteelHorse: 1880 AD Cultural Victory, 25,769 points.

Other Award Winners:

sevnhuts: 1950 AD Domination Victory, 20,796 points.

High King J.J.: 1989 AD Spaceship Victory, 12,321 points.

namib: 1988 AD Cultural Victory, 7,482 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Player: Date map-maker's challenge acheived
neilmeister not achieved
jovan kukic 920ad
cactus pete 1090ad
lymond not achieved
zamint3 not achieved
htadus 1150ad
ronnie1 1130ad
marleysgh0st 1525ad
jastrow not achieved
daijin7 1070ad
raistlin1967 not achieved
evil spock 200bc
ksiadz robak not achieved
jungleIII 1300ad
solyaris not achieved
ric hard 1575ad
da vinci 1780ad
terminator3k 1565ad
ub40 1685ad
zbgayumn 1490ad
yvesb y 1765ad
matthew9890 not achieved
craigholl 1826ad
deckhand 1630ad
c00per not achieved
falabello not achieved
orel not achieved
steelhorse not achieved
nicol.bolas 1675ad
greatbeyond 1874ad
sevnhuts 1892ad
zhary y not achieved
high king jj not achieved
namib y not achieved
pious pete 1822ad

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Nobody lost! Special congrats to all of us :D! It's nice to see no ambulances in the final! And I escaped of earning a lowest award :whew:!

Congrats to winners and award medallists :thumbsup:! Neilmeister - you really did your best :clap:!

evil_spock / c00per / Pious_Pete - excellent and perfect choice to win an award (although Time doesn't have it) :crazyeye:!

Thanks kcd for another game :goodjob:!

After a bit of fiddling with Excel, I put the challenge dates in order (hope I did it without any mistakes). As kcd_swede pointed out - evil spock was miles ahead of anyone else! I don't know he does it, but he's clearly got the art early conquest nailed!

evil spock 200bc
jovan kukic 920ad
daijin7 1070ad
cactus pete 1090ad
ronnie1 1130ad
htadus 1150ad
jungleIII 1300ad
zbgayumn 1490ad
marleysgh0st 1525ad
terminator3k 1565ad
ric hard 1575ad
deckhand 1630ad
nicol.bolas 1675ad
ub40 1685ad
yvesb 1765ad
da vinci 1780ad
pious pete 1822ad
craigholl 1826ad
greatbeyond 1874ad
sevnhuts 1892ad
neilmeister not achieved
zamint3 not achieved
jastrow not achieved
raistlin1967 not achieved
ksiadz robak not achieved
solyaris not achieved
matthew9890 not achieved
c00per not achieved
falabello not achieved
orel not achieved
steelhorse not achieved
zhary not achieved
high king jj not achieved
namib not achieved

Congrats to all the winners! And to evil spock especially: May be, you would consider a renaming into "fast spock" oder "spock bc"? ;)

Yes! The special kcd award of awesomeness! Now I can finally quit civ! ;) Anyway, thanks for the map. May there be many more twisted scenarios. :goodjob:

As kcd_swede pointed out - evil spock was miles ahead of anyone else! I don't know he does it, but he's clearly got the art early conquest nailed!

If you can call using brute force and hoping you win before the money runs out art. It works but it isn't beautiful. :)

Congrats to all the winners! And to evil spock especially: May be, you would consider a renaming into "fast spock" oder "spock bc"? ;)

Since I don't have the "evil" beard anymore, maybe I should drop the adjective. Then again this play style requires you to be a backstabbing sociopath, so I guess the name is still warranted.

My first Vanilla gold, and having beaten both Cactus Pete & Jovan Kukic. :trophy:

and I only started trying back in Gotm 51.

> My first Vanilla gold

Congrats neilmeister! :)

Studying your game-end I found it interesting how you've packed in a lot more additional cities/land-unit (compared to e.g. me) and such maximized population. Something I can learn from.

How frustrating. Second time I've completed a game and swear I submitted it only to have it not show up. I had got in the habit of checking for the confirmation email and obviously didn't...have to get back in that habit. =(

Congrats to medals and award winners, condolences to... nobody. Yeah, no condolences for losers this time.

evil_spock / c00per / Pious_Pete - excellent and perfect choice to win an award (although Time doesn't have it) :crazyeye:!
It's nice to get my first "fastest" award (not counting a cow :lol:), but it doesn't feel so good when you get "lucky" and compete only against yourself knowing that if someone tried, they could beat you to it by 500 years at least.

I vote for "spock bc" :goodjob:

:lol:
Congrats! It must feel really good to get gold for a first time :)
Spoiler :
One day, when there will be only one participant in GOTM XXX, I will get gold as well :lol:

How frustrating. Second time I've completed a game and swear I submitted it only to have it not show up. I had got in the habit of checking for the confirmation email and obviously didn't...have to get back in that habit. =(

At any time you can check whether we have your submission for a game or not by going here

This link is also found on the submissions page, btw.

Note, the e-mail notification function for the forums has been eratic/defunct for some time now. Not sure if the same is true for gotm submissions though.

Thanks KCD. The email has actually been consistent from what I can see. Both of the times my game didn't make it I double checked and had no email. It's my fault for not double checking.

I'm fairly sure the GOTM server email system is completely separate from the forums email system, so GOTM server emails should be functioning OK. However, email is an inherently unreliable mechanism anyway - there are numerous reasons why you might not receive a submission confirmation email. The link kcd_swede mentioned is definitive though for showing if your game has been successfully submitted.

My first Vanilla gold, and having beaten both Cactus Pete & Jovan Kukic. :trophy:

Congratulations, Neil :worship:

Evil_spock made such a fast conquest, it's a really good result :bowdown:

I used to try to get both medals and awards, although I know that such a strategy lowers the chances to get an award. Using slavery can make conquest faster, but at the cost of population, and subsequently, at the cost of points. So I use slavery rarely :)

Well done, neil.

> My first Vanilla gold

Congrats neilmeister! :)

Studying your game-end I found it interesting how you've packed in a lot more additional cities/land-unit (compared to e.g. me) and such maximized population. Something I can learn from.

Population is where the score is, I normally don't pack my cities quite as tight, but if you are chasing gold you have to.

Congrats! It must feel really good to get gold for a first time :)
Spoiler :
One day, when there will be only one participant in GOTM XXX, I will get gold as well :lol:
That's how I used to feel, I used to come close to last!

Congratulations, Neil :worship:

Evil_spock made such a fast conquest, it's a really good result :bowdown:

I used to try to get both medals and awards, although I know that such a strategy lowers the chances to get an award. Using slavery can make conquest faster, but at the cost of population, and subsequently, at the cost of points. So I use slavery rarely :)

Thanks everyone, I have tried so hard that it is nice to get it even if it is just once!

Thanks everyone, I have tried so hard that it is nice to get it even if it is just once!
Well, you don't get many chances since you build most of the GOTMs.
congratulations :trophy: :clap: :hatsoff:
Spoiler :
Hey! Weren't you supposed to build this one? But then you got "too busy".
Well, I'm glad you are making time for Civ4.

============
I got the trying for fast conquering and early space. :shake:

Congrats, Neil! Hey, at least your a Eptathlete. That's something that continues to evade me.

Top Bottom