1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: GotM 62 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, May 1, 2019.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 62
    Welcome to the 62nd game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    This is where you will start:
    6otm62.jpg

Canada Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    Wilfred's Special Ability: Can build Farms on Tundra tiles, and on Tundra Hills tiles with Civil Engineering. Purchasing Snow, Snow Hills, Tundra Hills, and Tundra tiles is 50% cheaper. +100% extraction rate of accumulated resources on Snow, Snow Hills, Tundra Hills, and Tundra tiles and +1 Production for all Mines on these tiles.
    Unique Ability: Cannot declare Surprise Wars or war on City-States. Surprise Wars cannot be declared on Canada. For every 100 Tourism earned, gain 1 Diplomatic Favor. +100% Diplomatic Favor gained from successfully completing Emergencies or Scored Competitions.
    Unique Unit: Mountie.
    • +5 Combat Strength when within 2 tiles of a National Park. +5 additional Combat Strength if the park is Canadian.
    • Low Gold maintenance cost.
    • Ignores enemy Zone of Control.
    • Has one build charge. (Lost upon upgrade.)
    Unique Infrastructure: Ice Hockey Rink

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
    After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends June 1st 2019.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2019
  2. Archaelicos

Archaelicos Chieftain

O Canada! Interesting start with both tundra and desert. Also did you mean 62? The opening thread references 61 in a few spots.

3. arthur486

arthur486 Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is indeed Atomic era start. We should have more settlers then, no?

4. Monthar

Monthar Chieftain

Also the description says Domination, but the save is name Cuture (Culture?). So which is it?

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

6. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Prince huh....

I don't suppose the AI will have any apostles for you to suicide into by the time you get Mt St Michel... still... Basil is always nice for a tundra civ.

7. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

Prince is a benchmarking tool. Tells you how fast you can reach victory on your own without AI interference :mischief:

OK. Since some people asked for it previously and Naamarauta finally found how to do it, here is a Deity version of this game (if i didn't mess things up, if i did let me know).
    Note that additional difficulties are not officially supported. I'm simply posting this in case people want to play a deity Canada game on that same map, but it's not 6otM.

Also, how come we can see more desert in this Canada start than we had visible in the Mali GotM? :gripe:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

I NEED someone to have apostles to kill my martyrs though....

First gotm as Maori prince I recall having all the relic wonders and whatnot but not an enemy apostle in sight... You walk up to their holy city and no reaction! On deity I have no such issues.

Thanks for the map! I'll play the deity version

9. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

10. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

Too bad I saw your Deity save too late, I would have played that one otherwise.
    Curiously this start looks like most of the Mali starts that I've played which were all a small desert next to barbarian-infested tundra (which can be 'interesting' with the unit production penalty).

11. Dekrznator

Dekrznator Chieftain

Anyone else have trouble loading this game? I see it in saved files, but i never get that "start game" button after it loads...

12. leif erikson

Please do not post other game saves in announcement threads of active games as it is going to confuse people. In future, please wait until the game ends at the end of the month run.

Monthar likes this.
  13. Arnold_T

Arnold_T Chieftain

what are the settings for Barbs and Weather?

14. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

While at higher levels martyrs are awesome, at low difficulty levels you can usually win with just great writers. Canada looks like it will be slightly tougher due to the no CS wars and no surprise wars - that is usually a great way to get to ~7 cities for your GWs. Depending upon the map layout - a seafaring map in Gathering Storm will be tougher than previous versions since it takes longer to research the tech.

15. ChrisFromLux

ChrisFromLux former 'Misfit'

OK, this will be my first Game of the Month since BotM77, back in April 2014! :crazyeye:

And only my 4th Civ6-game, with no Culture-game so far ... time to learn, I guess :D

16. leif erikson

17. CivLong&Prosper

CivLong&Prosper Chieftain

Been doing cultural almost exclusively so this will be exciting. Will be interesting to see how it differs from the deity culture game. Thanks Leif for the great maps and interesting situations.