News: GOTM 80 Results & Congratulations

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff
Lots of top military victories, seems like Conquest & Domination were very popular.

Congratulations to Cactus Pete, Jovan Kukic & Conquistador 63 on taking out the medals. All VC's were represented, including several Time victories, which I haven't seen for a little while. I think the closest contest was for the cow, with Sir Bugsy's Time victory narrowly losing to the 2049 Space victory of IvanTheFearsome.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Cactus Pete: 1545 AD Domination Victory, 171,074 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1290 AD Conquest Victory, 133,882 points.

Conquistador 63: 1310 AD Domination Victory, 105,833 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

sossos: 1260 AD Conquest Victory, 96,489 points.

Jastrow: 1830 AD Spaceship Victory, 28,020 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1710 AD Cultural Victory, 24,047 points.

wwassme: 1932 AD Diplomatic Victory, 15,502 points.

IvanTheFearsome: 2049 AD Spaceship Victory, 10,035 points.

Other Award Winners:

UB40: 1890 AD Conquest Victory, 30,482 points.

sevnhuts: 1988 AD Domination Victory, 14,244 points.

RedAndWhiteArmy: 2014 AD Spaceship Victory, 5,963 points.

Stalintag: 1943 AD Cultural Victory, 3,825 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Where everyone settled:

Great news! :D

Congrats to all players and many thanks for the game, neilmeister!

Didn't think Domination would be that popular, with low seas it was a lot of work to colonize all those frozen wastelands...

I guess I will try for the cow in next GOTM...:mischief:

Personally, as the only person who achieved a diplo victory, I'm quite happy that many went for domination or conquest. Now I have the fastest (and slowest) diplo finish awards to go with my prior cow.

Good games, all around.

I guess I will try for the cow in next GOTM...:mischief:
Looking to get your 3rd GOTM series Eptathlon Award, are you? Or, are you stating your goal publically in hopes that someone will challenge you for the Cow and make it a difficult enterprise to win?

I guess that if someone's Fastest Award attempted game isn't going so well, they can switch over to going for the Cow to see if they can stop you, hehe. :eek: :lol:

I mean, we don't want to force the over-worked staff to have to create yet another Eptathlon Award icon just yet, do we? :crazyeye:

Once again I'm the master of 4th place/no medals :lol:

Congats to all the winners!

Looking to get your 3rd GOTM series Eptathlon Award, are you? Or, are you stating your goal publically in hopes that someone will challenge you for the Cow and make it a difficult enterprise to win?

I guess that if someone's Fastest Award attempted game isn't going so well, they can switch over to going for the Cow to see if they can stop you, hehe. :eek: :lol:

I mean, we don't want to force the over-worked staff to have to create yet another Eptathlon Award icon just yet, do we? :crazyeye:
Sure, it should be a lot more fun if I get some competition for this "award" most of us usually ignore. Waiting especially for your game report! ;)

Congrats to the medal and award winners. I'm making my way to the top 10 slowly but surely.

Once again, a big "thank you" to our hosts. I do appreciate the fact that your work enables us to play a 7 years old video game as a community game.

Sure, it should be a lot more fun if I get some competition for this "award" most of us usually ignore.

I'm in.

I have a note from my mummy that says I can play in the next GOTM, and I'm gonna get me some cow action. :cowboy:

Raaaaaaaaar! Or perhaps Mooooooooo. My first ever award and it's a cow. :woohoo:

Very glad I decided to play for that since it looks like everyone's already decided to go cattle rustling next time.

A fun game, neilmeister. :thanx:

Thanks IvanTheFearsome, I admit its the kind of game I would have liked to play.

The Cow was more hard fought over than it usually is, with 2 time victories and a very high score Domination in addition to your 2049 Space. So your award was well won.

I was milking soooo hard.... and still two players beat me to cow. Hopeless. :cry::thumbsdown::suicide:

But 12th out of 40? Maybe not so hopeless.

Top Bottom