News: GOTM143 Rome_x - Pre-game discussion

templar_x

usually walks his talks
GOTM143 Rome_x - Pre-game discussion

In game number 143 of the classic game of the month series I, templar_x, for the first time try my hand at setting up a XOTM-game. I could have not done it without the help of Più Freddo - thanks a lot for your support and for keeping this contest alive.

You guys will rule as CAESAR over the Roman folk. The Romans are militaristic and commercial and start the game with Warrior Code and the Alphabet.

This is a Monarch level game, and this month we accept Space victories only. This means that your space ship is supposed to reach Alpha Centauri first. The Roman unique unit is the legionary, a version of swordsman with stronger defence.

This game continues to use a modified form of the standard PTW scenario, and although no bugs have been reported in some time, it is possible that play testing has not been exhaustive. Any in-game event or behaviour that a player feels is unintended should be reported to the GOTM staff immediately.

Starting location:

Scope of the Game:

Civilization: Rome
Difficulty: Monarch
Map size: standard 100 X 100
Map topology: Continents
Rivals: Unknown
Barbarians: Unknown
Required victory condition: Space
Submissions due by Sep 14, 2015
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE.

Attachments

• GOTM143 starting picture.jpg
    GOTM143 starting picture.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 223
I would move worker to BG to see what I can see. If at all possible I'd consider a move SE in order to squeeze a coastal city in if possible. Lots of 'ifs' in that sentence.

I would move worker to BG to see what I can see. If at all possible I'd consider a move SE in order to squeeze a coastal city in if possible. Lots of 'ifs' in that sentence.

That's exactly what i had in mind. The initial spot would be great if the western waters are of a lake, but ugly if it's sea, and it looks like sea to me. In this case, settling SE seems the best option: there might be a 4-turner hiding in the shadows, but even if there isn't, the wheat alone would be enough for a 6-turner warrior+settler factory.

There's no need to place the capital on the coast. As it's likely to produce settlers and workers for the whole AA, the benefits of being on coast would be non-existent.

Top Bottom