1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: SGOTM 11 Sign-up Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForGreatJustice

ForGreatJustice Master of the Grump

This is a follow up to my signup request. Team T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't includes:
    IdiotsOpposite
    BrianShanahan
    Myself
    Silent_Confusion (possible but unlikely)

Not sure how many we need in a team, but our fourth made a prior arrangement to help out a friend for this game. So that means we're most likely three and we're guessing that's too little. So whomever else is interested in fun, laid-back, relaxing play... oh wait, this is a challenging variant! :eek: we'll take you guys with open arms (I think... )

2. unkle

unkle Emperor

Willing to sign up for lurking the Smurkz team thread, if they think it is worthwhile :blush:. Hopefully they will !

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. A long time ago I played with Smurkz. If they'll be back, and accept me lurking there, I'd like to play with them...
    4. Haven't played Civ in monthes, but should still be doing something at Monarch (I hope...).

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Thanks for providing me with a test case to ensure that the mysql escape code in my scripts is working well - apostrophes are the acid test!

Three is certainly not enough. Six is a minimum starting group, in my view, especially since this game is likely to run for three months into the summer months, with vacations, exams and other distractions starting up.

4. ZPV

ZPV Short for ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF

Are you sure you don't want to add some backslashes or " 'or 1=1" to the name?

5. ForGreatJustice

Your welcome :goodjob: Internet cupcake goes to the one that knows what that means without having to look it up. Internet fortune cookie for the one that looks it up first before others :D And no, I was not the genius that came up with that name :rolleyes:

Again, I had no part in this. It does have an actual basis. I only wish I was that creative.

That makes a lot of sense. So for the record, we need three more souls to enjoy the fruits of our unprounanceable team name :w00t: However, Alan and other mods, I think we three will not mind at all if there are three floaters out there that are still teamless by deadline and we are their destination by Eldine's divine intervention.

6. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

The meaning is quite obvious, ...

It is a good day for another Team to Die ...

Sun Tzu Wu

7. Brian Shanahan

Brian Shanahan Permanoob

And where did we get it from pray? Cupcake or fortune-cookie winging your way curtesy of ForGreatJustice.

8. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

when one does a google search (from outside of China) ... so a fortune cookie would do quite nicely.

Sun Tzu Wu

A Modest (Taoist) Military Commander/Strategist/Philosopher

9. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I may apply the little-known rule that team names should be pronounceable by mere mortals, not just Dwarves. Otherwise you'll just be known as Unpronounceable.

10. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Well, that's certainly better than what first came to my mind :mischief:

Spoiler :
    Edit: no, that wasn't nice... I'll delete it. sorry...

No offense intended.:lol:

11. MyOtherCar

MyOtherCar The answer is 42

Have you played any Civ4 GOTM games before?
    2. Have you played any succession games or SGOTM before?
    3. Do you have a group of players you want to play with?
    4. If you are new to GOTM/SGOTM, which level (noble, monarch, etc.) are you comfortable playing in a solo game?

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Monarchy?

Sign me up for the Compromise-led team tentatively called Barley Demons. He (and some others) should be signing up before too terribly long.

12. MyOtherCar

MyOtherCar The answer is 42

Edit: double post

13. Brian Shanahan

Brian Shanahan Permanoob

Can we not just translate it into English for the game. Anyway it is pronouncable by mere mortals, just go skinny-dipping on New Years, get bronchitis, and then put a half-kilo of builders grit down your throat, et voila.

14. Whosit

Whosit Entropic Knight

Oh, hey, I should probably officially sign up before the game starts.

1. Have you played any Civ4 GOTM games before? No
    2. Have you played any succession games or SGOTM before? Yes, SGOTM 10
    3. Do you have a group of players you want to play with? The Maple Sporks
    4. If you are new to GOTM/SGOTM, which level (noble, monarch, etc.) are you comfortable playing in a solo game? Monarch

15. ForGreatJustice

Aw... isn't copy/paste a way to circumvent that little known rule? Or is there vocal communication that occurs behind the scenes between moderators in discussing games? But then again, we don't want to step on anyone's toes, so we'll go with what makes life easier for you.

Then again, Team Unpronouncable does give us an air of mystery and seduction that Eldine may favor and will leave others wondering, "what??" :lol:

Yes Sun Tzu, your internet fortune cookie complete with mass produced fortune and lottery numbers is sent. :xmassign: :throws fortune cookie:

16. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

It is actually way more than that. Each save is created for the specific team to use with your team name in it. Before opening it, you should check to make sure you have downloaded your team's save. :) You will exchange saves through the upload system on the gotm server.

Also, if you are new to SGOTM, you should read the SGOTM Reference Thread. It is short and to the point. Useful before your team thread is up. :D

17. remake20

remake20 :)

When will this start?

18. leif erikson

The first post in this thread says that start saves will be available on 23 April. In the past, team threads have opened a couple of days prior to that, but I do not know what AlanH's plans are for that yet.

19. remake20

remake20 :)

Oh yeah, I forgot it was there. Dang it! one more week. Oh well.

20. leif erikson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.