News: SGOTM 12 Sign Up Thread

Team Regular looks OK from here.

@ madviking: Welcome on board. Here's some brief introductions:

Paperbeetle: Ranked no. 5, knows the game mechanics inside out, excessive planner and makes some pretty graphs.

socralynnek: Consistently excellent player in the COTM/GOTM and our leader last time round.

archphoenix: A rising star in the world of COTM/GOTM and well on the way to his eptathlon. Too modest for his own good!

Wardancer: Has been sadly absent from the forums for a while, which has lead to his lowly Global Player Ranking but don't be fooled he's a top player and somewhat of a miltary expert.

Taxpayer'sMoney: I'm just here to make up the numbers. Generally woeful at all things Civ but hanging around in the vain hope of learning something.

I talked with Beorn and he said that it's ok, X-Nuts have 7 players too. But if our team leader :) wants to do something, please tell me plainly if there is something wrong, now I feel somehow inconveniently :mischief:
It's not an issue so don't take it personally. I was simply looking for balance and didn't want team members to get bored. The good news is we should be able to move the save faster than anyone so let's go with the current roster.

SGOTM11 Signup said:
  • Papa Smurk (Niklas)
  • Poet Smurk (CommandoBob)
  • Handy Smurk (zyxy)
  • Painter Smurk (McLMan)
  • Brainy Smurk (ControlFreak)
  • Hefty Smurk (dojoboy) no longer with us
  • Farmer Smurk (I. Larkin)no longer with us

Niklas assigned our Smurky names after playing with us for a few games. I for one fit my little white hat quite well.:blush: We'll get one for sercer88 soon.:mischief:

So. After this last minute scramble by Shaka Thea, the line-up looks like:

Ivan: I. Larkin, AutomatedTeller, glenmetz, nerovats, Nitfan

klarius: klarius, Northern Pike, Ronald, TimBentley, Wotan

Regular: Wardancer, archphoenix, madviking, PaperBeetle, socralynnek, Taxpayer'sMoney

Smurkz: Niklas, CommandoBob, ControlFreak, McLMan, sercer88, zyxy

Spooks: Paul#42, Abegweit, killercane, markh, WackenOpenAir, (Andronicus)

tao: tao, Furiey, ignas, MacBaldrick, Tone, wxwindmill

Team Zoe: Whomp, Beorn-eL-Feared, Bucephalus, sanabas, Smart, ThERat, zerksees, (eldar), (gmaharriet)

X-Nuts: leif erikson, AVN, bluebox, civ_steve, denyd, DJMGator13, Mathilda, (WillowBrook)

Is this the will of you all? Have I missed a twist in the plot?

@Ivan: No, the AI has not been modified. If it had been it would have been stated in the game parameters.

I think you might have missed my sign-up post as a lurker. I don't know any of the teams, so I don't mind in which team I'm placed.

I think you might have missed my sign-up post as a lurker. I don't know any of the teams, so I don't mind in which team I'm placed.

I saw it, but I don't really see any point in assigning you to a single team. If I do that you will not be allowed to lurk in other team threads. As a free agent you can look in any thread you wish, as long as you do not tell the teams what you have seen.

If you want to lurk with a specific team and maybe pick up some turnsets if a need arises, then you can assign yourself to one. But you can't read any other threads ;)

if all you want to do is see what is going on and laugh at the different mistakes different teams make, though ;)

Lurker has become an official rank? :eek: :salute: :lol:

Some players are ex members if specific teams, maybe sitting this game out. They probably want to engage in strategic discussions with the other team members, which they could not do if they read other team threads. Personally, I treat them the same as the rest of the players on the team, and I don't really understand their desire to be identified differently. It does no harm, and I merely serve the whims and peccadilloes of the player community, so why should I care?

However, I see no reason to add a new player to a team for this purpose when there is no history of a relationship with the team concerned.

The only reason to separate official lurkers from active playing members is for your sake AlanH, so you know not to count a lurker towards the number of players when assigning the teams. ;)

If you want to lurk with a specific team and maybe pick up some turnsets if a need arises, then you can assign yourself to one. But you can't read any other threads ;)

if all you want to do is see what is going on and laugh at the different mistakes different teams make, though ;)
Yeah.

@dutchfire

Lurkers have to make a choice before the game begins. You can read all the threads. This is a very fun and addictive hobby, which I have indulged in several times. A good learning experience too. If you assign yourself to a team, as Alan says, you are subject to the same restrictions as the players. You can post in the thread but you can't read any of the others.

It's up to you but, if it were me, I would prefer be able read all threads. If you want to assign yourself to a team, do so. I'm sure that any of the teams would be happy to have you along.

I have now opened the Maintenance Thread for this game, and the eight Team Threads.

The Start files will be available at midnight tonight, server time. That is about five and a half hours from the time of this post.

Sorry I'm a bit late, if its not too late I would like to sign up.

1> Comfortable at Monarch, above depending on start position
2> This will be my first SGOTM
3> Any team that will have me

Hi. I've added you to team klarius. Please report to the klarius team thread.

Team Regular looks OK from here.

@ madviking: Welcome on board. Here's some brief introductions:

Paperbeetle: Ranked no. 5, knows the game mechanics inside out, excessive planner and makes some pretty graphs.

socralynnek: Consistently excellent player in the COTM/GOTM and our leader last time round.

archphoenix: A rising star in the world of COTM/GOTM and well on the way to his eptathlon. Too modest for his own good!

Wardancer: Has been sadly absent from the forums for a while, which has lead to his lowly Global Player Ranking but don't be fooled he's a top player and somewhat of a miltary expert.

Taxpayer'sMoney: I'm just here to make up the numbers. Generally woeful at all things Civ but hanging around in the vain hope of learning something.

Thx. Hopefully I fit in somewhere... :lol: Prolly morale support or something...

Can One still Join anywhere?

I have been a Emperor Level player from Wotans old team, who hasn't played for 3 or 4 months now.

It's sometimes difficult to place a late arrival. Maybe one of the teams would like to offer a place?

Unless any of the nubs in my team object to playing in a 7 then I would love to have Kulko join Team Regular.

Would be fine with me. I will wait for your final go, before start reading the teamthread.

Top Bottom