News: SGOTM 14 Sign-up Thread

Is just fine with me, altough I do like smaller teams, but the past has shown that some team get in trouble due to RL, so might be better this way.

I really think that better to have 5 teams of 5 players each. And some may join in this 3 days.

I think CB may be a team leader. But I don't know his real mood ATM.

@Ivan:

I really think that better to have 5 teams of 5 players each
Your reasoning?

I seriously considered five teams of five, but felt that this would leave the teams too exposed if any players drop out. Note that we would need to move one player from the Elite team's original complement to reduce them to five players.
And some may join ...
I think you are over-optimistic, as I don't believe more players will show up before the start, and I am also not confident that all the current players will stay the course, which would leave teams very short handed. Remember that we have a holiday period coming up, as well.
... in this 3 days.
The game starts in a little over 24 hours if we stick to the published timetable; not in three days. I was planning to open the Team Threads today.

Hey, I'm organising this game for you guys, not for my own benefit! If you, and others, want me to delay the start while we resolve this, please let me know?

I think CB may be a team leader. But I don't know his real mood ATM.
CommandoBob was invited to join Elite, and accepted. I have no other information, and no one else has expressed any concerns.

My worry was that Game will be too exposed if some teams drop out. But you know better because you know map.

The game starts in a little over 24 hours if we stick to the published timetable; not in three days. I was planning to open the Team Threads today.

Hey, I'm organising this game for you guys, not for my own benefit! If you, and others, want me to delay the start while we resolve this, please let me know?

Please , go ahead unless somebody will make "reasonable, strong objection.". You said 18 October long time ago, and let it be so.

Lets keep the game on schedule. I don't think any more will join. I wish they would, but...I don't think so.

I'm fine with four teams. Five teams of five players, even among this bunch of Gung-Ho players, is too chancey. In every SGOTM I've been in at least one person has dropped out, with and without notice. Last SGOTM, and the normal SGs I'm in, have had a tremendous dropout rate. School, hospital stays and just life in general, have played havoc with the rosters. (Or maybe it is just my personality and/or game style, I just don't know. :crazyeye:)

I'm ready for this SGOTM and I can't wait to play with my new team mates.

Let the Dominating begin!

My worry was that Game will be too exposed if some teams drop out. But you know better because you know map.

Please go ahead unless somebody will make "resonable strong objection.". You said 18 October long ago, and let it be so.
Hmm. The map is built to your specification. There's very little I can do to make it easier or more difficult to win, but I hope I've given you a few challenges to keep it interesting :mischief:

BTW, I had to reduce it to 24 AI rivals to eliminate all the other seafaring civs. I had forgotten that Spain became seafaring in C3C.

I was once a moderate player, but now I'm very rusty. I know the map, but it's very difficult for me to judge whether any of the teams with the strength we have here will lose. Making five smaller teams instead of four is more likely to result in at least one team failing for lack of players, not because they lose the game.

I'll open the team threads shortly.

Hmm is there still time to join?

BTW I have no idea whats going on but am a compitent Civ player :)

I am comforatble on emp Demigod is my max
Very new
No preference (actually if commanderbob is on one of the team I'll play with him, remember him from a succesion game back in the day)

Hi ya'll. Is there time for me also to join up? I didn't realize registration was closing so fast. I'm finally healthy again and itching to remove the memories of SGOTM13. :)

If registration is closed, that's cool, but here's my info if not:

1. Deity
2. Played in last SGOTM
3. Kinda prefer Spooks, but I know they are invite only, so put me wherever I guess.

Thanks, guys ... You're just doing this to prove me wrong! Are there three more hiding out there? Then we *could* have five teams. :joke:

We currently have three teams of six and one of seven, so the two new players should go to two of the six-strong teams - Ivan, Spooks or klarius. I don't feel strongly about which. Ivan has invited Othniel. Spooks still haven't revealed their secret friend. Any invitations for Vind2? If not, I'll toss a coin.

CF - Why not join as a real body, seven is a lucky number for many people & culture. :wavey:

I wasn't signing up because I'm not sure about my RL still. But since the team sizes are up in the 6-7 range, and I'm ready to contribute as much as possible, I'd be willing to let someone twist my arm...

1. never played DemiGod, but OK at diety
2. have played with Smurkz on some successful campaigns and some not so successful
3. If I understand the situation, Vind2 and I make up seventh players on the last two teams, so which ever team Vind2 is not on. :p

I've opened the team threads and the Maintenance thread for this game. Discussion of team composition can continue here, together with any new sign-ups, but please take any discussion of the game rules and set-up etc to the Maintenance thread. Or to your team thread if you want to keep it from the competition.

To get this show on the road, I have assigned Vind2 to klarius, Othniel to Ivan, and ControlFreak to Spooks.

That makes the teams look like this ...

Do you have any preference? The teams are all at equal strength right now (except maybe Spooks, who seem to still be expecting someone), so I could put you anywhere. If you say no preference, I'll flip a coin. :)

Do you have any preference? The teams are all at equal strength right now (except maybe Spooks, who seem to still be expecting someone), so I could put you anywhere. If you say no preference, I'll flip a coin. :)

Well, I've played previously with a few of team Elite, so if they'll have me....

They don't get a choice. :mischief: You're in; enjoy! I'm PM AlanH about having you added to the official team list; I'm not up to speed on all the admin details yet.

Ouch, team elite is looking scary! Not that anyone else here looks weak by any stretch of the imagination.... It should be a great battle, may the best team win!

I can't actually play (my schedule is such that I'm completely unreliable in SGM's), but I'd like to lurk with Team Ivan. Do I have to do anything, other than not look at other team's threads?

Nope, you're good to go. I'll add you so you're all nice and official, but you're under no obligation to play.

Top Bottom