News: SGOTM 19 Sign up Thread - The Trumpster

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Sign up NOW for the next SGOTM, brought to you once again by the one and only kcd_swede.

You will play as The Trumpster, otherwise known as Cyrus of the Dutch.

Goodies which ensure a fast pace:
-Bank Error in Your Favor, you start with 200 gold!
-An extra worker and a scout are added to your normal units.
-Some tiles around the start are unfogged to prevent a random direction choice from having too much impact on the competition.
-You and all AI (and barbs) start with all of the Ancient Era technologies EXCEPT those which grant a religion (i.e. Meditation, Polytheism, and Monotheism), so all religions can be founded and none are distributed randomly. Priesthood will NOT be included for the human players.

Your start looks like this:

Your goal: You will found or capture the Corporate HQ of at least one corporation, and monopolize (owned and accessed, or traded for) every instance of its resources on the map before winning the game in any way you choose. Too simple? Ok, there is just ONE other thing you must do before winning the game...
Spoiler :
but that will not be revealed until you submit your save where the technology of Democracy has been learned. (PM Alanh and kcd_swede when you have learned Democracy, and this condition will be revealed).

Game Options:
Ancient Era Start
Normal Speed
Aggressive AI
Unrestricted Leaders
Choose Religion
New Random Seed
No Vassal States
No Goody Huts
No Events
All Victory Conditions Enabled

Map size Standard
6 Opponents
Normal Barbs
Map script: Lakes, low seas, flat (no world wrap).
Difficulty: Immortal

Restrictions: 1) Culture VC cannot use espionage to spread culture to legendary city; 2) You may not have more than +1 diplo modifier for "you have liberated our city" with any civilization remaining alive; and 3) You may not offer nor accept peace or cease fire in any war declared by you until an enemy city is captured or one of your cities is lost by capture, or the war is ended by UN/AP resolution.

Mitigators: Resources that "pop" from a mine in the final 20 turns will not count against you; and teams which fail to secure all the resources will remain eligible for laurels after a 10 turn penalty is applied plus 5 turns for each instance of a resource not accessed.

Note, the usual GOTM restrictions still apply (no replaying, no liberating cities to a civ you are at war with, have fun, etc).

Timetable

The Pre-game Discussion Thread for this game is now open for business.

Please sign up in this thread by January 31 at the latest. To help us to assign players to teams, please indicate your preferred team, whether you have played previous SGOTMs or SGs, and the highest level of Civ4 difficulty you can typically win at.

The team discussion threads for this game will open on or before February 3

The team starting saves will be available here on February 7.

The completion deadline will be May 7.. Plan your game, and please avoid a last minute struggle to meet the deadline.
Please be warned, except in the event of cosmic catastrophes. THERE WILL BE NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS.

Notes
  • Versions
    This game will be played in Civilization IV Beyond the Sword, version 3.19, using the standard BUFFY-3.19.003 HoF mod, Unless stated otherwise in this thread before the game starts..
    If a later BtS patch is released during this game you will NOT be able to use it to play. You will need to complete this game in BtS version 3.19 before updating your copy of BtS, or you should create and update a separate copy.

Macintosh players can only join in if they are able to run the Windows software on their system.
  • Rules and Procedures
    Please visit the Civ4 SGOTM reference thread to check out the rules and procedures to ensure that you are adequately prepared for this game.

All saved game files uploaded to the server are parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set.
  • Spoiler information will absolutely NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Please sign up for this game as soon as possible by posting your own details in this thread. I shall publish draft team lists below in the next ten days.

Please use the separate Pregame Discussion Thread for any non-sign-up questions or comments about this game. Since kcd_swede is the Trumpster behind this game, he will need to give definitive answers to detailed technical issues you raise.

Current Sign-up Lists
The table below will display your stated team preferences as I add you to the database. The number of players in each team is shown in brackets, as are non-playing advisers.

Pheonix Rising
Immortal
Yes

Wow, restrictions for worker stealing!

I am in, if 5th Elemment is in play, I'd go with them, otherwise any other team

Well, I'm glad I did my Mansa of the Dutch game before this was announced. ;)

To help us to assign players to teams, please indicate
your preferred team - Unusual Suspects :dance: or see below
whether you have played previous SGOTMs or SGs - yes, I have
and the highest level of Civ4 difficulty you can typically win at - I can win at immortal but usually abandon for lack of time or because I'm losing, comfortable at emperor, (almost) never tried deity.

Also interested in playing on a new team of 4 players (more turns played by each) where we do not expect to be contenders (i.e. play the SGOTM like I play xOTM). Goal would be to not be last (in score or submitting final save).

Suspects
Immortal
Yes

Immortal
Haven't played SGOTM before
Any team will do
If deckhand wants to make a new team that'd be cool

Emperor
Yes, but not since SGOTM 12 (it has been a while...)
Way back when I was a Misfit/ChokoMisfit, but it has been a long time. So I guess unallocated.

Emperor
Yes, but not since SGOTM 12 (it has been a while...)
Way back when I was a Misfit/ChokoMisfit, but it has been a long time. So I guess unallocated.

Nope you need to be a MisfitGypsyNut.. Welcome back haphazard1. :)

I'm feeling mercenary today.
Played a few SGOTMs.
Deity.

Well, I'm glad I did my Mansa of the Dutch game before this was announced. ;)

Yes, that annoyed me quite a bit, but it was too late (too much work) to change it when I saw Mansa-Dutch in your BOTM. Great evil minds think alike.;)

Yes, that annoyed me quite a bit, but it was too late (too much work) to change it when I saw Mansa-Dutch in your BOTM. Great evil minds think alike.;)
At least the maps are slightly different. :mischief:

Just to be clear: Please put me to unallocated yet. I am not the right guy to decide if Fifth Element is in play. If people who created the team decide to join, than I would rather play with them. Now there is noone of 5th Element founders here, so I should not be listed there.

Emperor/Immortal
Yes
Not sure. Maple Sporks? Fifth Element? Easier to say Unallocated.

Just to be clear: Please put me to unallocated yet. I am not the right guy to decide if Fifth Element is in play. If people who created the team decide to join, than I would rather play with them. Now there is noone of 5th Element founders here, so I should not be listed there.
I'm not actually the FE founder, since i started with them in SG 02. Nonetheless, i can have some affection to that team.

If it can be a real team i think i will subscribe to this one too.

Last SG was definitely annoying, so i must find real interest in the team members, otherwise, i will skip this one.

I'll sign in in marple, suspect or any other team who respect that :
lso interested in playing on a new team of 4 players (more turns played by each) where we do not expect to be contenders (i.e. play the SGOTM like I play xOTM). Goal would be to not be last (in score or submitting final save).

I'll precise my post before end of signing.

level immortal to easy diety

EDIT : update after discussion

Team: The Shawshank Redemption
SGOTM Experience: 6 or 7 games
Comfortable Difficulty Level: Immortal

This scenario looks quite interesting, with enough twists to help reduce some of the gamey-feeling tactics, some inventive objectives (including a secret one! :eek:), not being too complicated such that what a team needs to accomplish can appear to be relatively straight-forward, and yet the game is open enough to allow for any Victory Condition.

To avoid speaking of potential spoilers, I will not comment on the game design further, other than to say that it looks like it should be a lot of fun for teams of all skill levels! :goodjob:

Top Bottom