News: SGOTM 23 Sign up Thread - Orient Express

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
SGOTM 23 Sign up Thread - Orient Express

Sign up NOW for the next SGOTM, featuring another BSPollux map administered by AlanH.

You lead the French people in their attempt to bring the people of the world closer to each other. Your homeland is beautiful and rich. Use this gift to build up your civilization and connect it to the far reaches of the world by constructing the Orient Express!

Your goals in this scenario:
  • Explore the world to find the spot labeled as "Istanbul" and the region labeled as the "Orient".
  • Own a city at the Istanbul spot and a city in the Orient region.
  • Connect your original capital and those two citys using an unbroken track of railroad.
  • Win the game.

To be sure the Express is safe and works properly, the whole track has to be either in your own borders or those of a vassall or a nation that has a defensive pact with you. Vassall states are enabled, but you may never have more than one vassall at a time.

Your starting area
Click for a full size image

The overall difficulty level is monarch.
To ensure an equal playing field, the AI capitals have been pre-founded and some early wonders are allready constructed. You might find some more little adjustments once you are ingame. In some areas the AI is stronger then a normal monarch AI, but the scenario as a whole is far from the last game in difficulty.

Game Options
Ancient Era Start
Normal Speed
No Goody Huts
No Events
Raging Barbarians
Domination Victory is disabled to avoid accidental triggering

Map size Standard
12 Opponents
Map: Pangaea-like setup
Difficulty: Monarch
=================================

Timetable

The Pre-game Discussion Thread for this game is now open for business.

Please sign up in this thread by April 24th at the latest. To help us to assign players to teams, please indicate your preferred team, whether you have played previous SGOTMs or SGs, and the highest level of Civ4 difficulty you can typically win at. Don't be discouraged to sign up by this, we like to have new players as well.

The team discussion threads for this game will open on or before May 1st.

The team starting saves will be available here on May 8th

In order to give you plenty of time to complete this game, the completion deadline will be August 31. Plan your game, and please avoid a last minute struggle to meet the deadline.
Please be warned, except in the event of cosmic catastrophes. THERE WILL BE NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS.

Notes
  • Versions
    This game will be played in Civilization IV Beyond the Sword, version 3.19, using the standard BUFFY-3.19.003 HoF mod, Unless stated otherwise in this thread before the game starts..
    If a later BtS patch is released during this game you will NOT be able to use it to play. You will need to complete this game in BtS version 3.19 before updating your copy of BtS, or you should create and update a separate copy. See also the note about Steam updates below.

Macintosh players can only join in if they are able to run the Windows software on their system.
  • Steam
    If you play BtS using Steam, then your BtS will auto-update to a new version which is incompatible with those playing the DVD version. You will therefore need to install the Steam "beta" version to play this game. You can check whether your copy of BtS is compatible by downloading a SGOTM 19 starting save. If it loads OK in your copy of BtS, then you are ready to play.
  • Rules and Procedures
    Please visit the Civ4 SGOTM reference thread to check out the rules and procedures to ensure that you are adequately prepared for this game.

Note, the usual GOTM restrictions apply: no replaying, no liberating cities to a civ you are at war with (except in peace deal), no subsidizing resource trades with AI, no goto mapping or flying camera, only 1 tech from Oracle/Liberalism.

All saved game files uploaded to the server are parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set.
  • Spoiler information will absolutely NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Please sign up for this game as soon as possible by posting your own details in this thread. I shall update the draft team lists below during the sign-up period.

Please use the separate Pregame Discussion Thread for any non-sign-up questions or comments about this game. AlanH or BSPollux will give definitive answers to detailed technical issues you raise.

Current Sign-up Lists
The table below will display your stated team preferences as I add you to the database. The number of players in each team is shown in brackets, as are non-playing advisers.

I'm in. Unallocated for now... we'll se how much of the team we can get back together.

I'm in, Xteam would work with me.

Would like to try this out. Not played SG before. Winrate 90% Emperor level.
Happy to join any team.

Sorry, RL-stuff came up in beginning of May with a busy schedule next months and have to withdraw. Hope to be able to join in next time.

I'll play! Sounds interesting BSP!

Please put me unallocated for now.

Can I join? Fifth Element if available.

See who I can encourage to join.

Phoenix Rising
Immortal
Yes I have played SGOTM games before.

Name: ZPV
Crimes: Worker-stealing, arson, littering and causing a nuisance.
Sentence: 4 months in the Turbo Ants correctional facility.

:p

Top Bottom