1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: TSG 116 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by Hammer Rabbi, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

8 practice games? Do you not have a job?

2. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

I'm a disabled vet. I haven't been able to work for years.

3. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Ah, well then thank you for your service!

4. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

You're most welcome.

Anyway, back on topic. I've started 2 more practice games using continents this time, but I'm still running into problems having enough cash for the universities. I've been using the 3 city Tradition approach, or at least trying to when I don't get swamped by barbs.

I haven't finished any of the practice games. I've only taken them a little past the Oxford Radio Rush.

5. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

I see two deer. In my opinion, pearl are not food engine. The lack come from I see no river. I hope to find one on right over hills.

Anyway, on Pangea, it could be an poor-average start. On continents, I think it's a dead trap.

6. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

You may consider CB rushing the neighbors and pick their city locations, surely they should be better

7. harrybojangles

harrybojangles Chieftain

Hello everyone,

I cant believe I havent found this sooner in my Civ playing years! Well I've found it now and I am very interested to get into these challenges! I dont have all the DLC as I didnt see spending 5$ on 1 civ to be really worth it. But if I need it for these challenges, I will purchase them. Just need Wonders of the Ancients DLC. Little mad at myself for forgetting the DLC was on sale last week. >.<

I havent beaten Emperor+ difficulty yet, but I keep trying. I get a good wind in my sail and then I stagnate myself. I have lots to learn and am sure these challenges will help push me. Better late than never.

*clicks download*

8. mtt9999

mtt9999 Builder of Dreams

Welcome. It is a great day when you discover the forums and Game of the months. I used to think I was a good player in civ 4 when I started the competitions. Then I got smoked by the masters here. I learned so much the first 3 months....
    Much much better now, but as tommynt says 'deity is the new emperor'! Good luck and enjoy!

9. Muskie

Muskie Warlord

I'll try. I still prefer smaller maps on my laptop.

10. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

Gonna try this map.

Mainly because I wonder how this game will be different from deity games which I usually play.