News: TSG 161 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 161
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////
Welcome to the 161st game in the GOTM V Training Series! This Series will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features from Civ5's expansions and DLCs in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Dont replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, Hammer Rabbi or me know (either in the forums or through Private Message) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.
Civ V BNW - TSG161 Details:
Player (You): Bizmark of Germany
Victory Condition
: Diplomacy all other VCs are enabled,
Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States
(including player): 6/12
Map Type/Size: Archipelago/standard
Game pace: Standard
Game options:
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Quick Combat, Quick Movement,

(Regardless of starting options, you may turn on/off Quick Combat/Quick Movement using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279.
Game Requirements: all leaders . Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.
German Unique Abilities:
Spoiler :
UA: :Furor Teutonicus:

• Upon defeating a Barbarian unit inside an encampment, there is a 67% chance to earn 25 Gold and they join the Germans
    • Pay 25% less for land unit maintenance
UU: Panzer - a Unique unit that replaces the Tank it is stronger and faster than the Tank
UB Hanse -Replaces Bank it provides 5% bonus production for each trade route with a city sate .

TSG161.jpg

Information about threads associated with each individual TSG -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
TSG Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (dont be afraid to ask questions). Its also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please dont post any game-related info once you open and play the save. Instead use the next thread.
Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by earliest date and highest score ). We will issue a medal to the top winner (based on earliest date finished for each VC). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.
This game runs for a month and ends September 1, 2017.
The save is available for download now

Attachments

• TSG161_Start.Civ5Save
    476.5 KB · Views: 641
Last edited by a moderator:
Hanse Germany, will Bank.

(Good grief...)

I guess for Deity food at the starting location might be a problem anyway.
Looking at all the production the capital gives, I guess I might build a lot of wonders there...

Is "No city razing" on? Because I can't raze crappy cities that I take and they aren't capitals. This is kind of a big deal.

Is "No city razing" on? Because I can't raze crappy cities that I take and they aren't capitals. This is kind of a big deal.
This seems like a spoiler to me. Deity/Prince one knows from the file browser. It seems to me that discussion of other settings belongs in the AAR thread please.

Actually, we announce what options are on in this thread. If City Raising is on, then players should know that going in imnsho.

No city razing, complete kills, no barbarians. Not sure what else was omitted from the announcement. Or were those suppose to be surprises? If so, the announcement should say there are surprises. (random personalities might be a good surprise setting ;)

I also didn't notice that it was Prince; I would have played less cautiously at first if I had known that. (I almost didn't even play this one because the announcement said Deity, but that start was too good to not give it a try) I'll upload my results in the AAR thread when it's up, but I'm pretty sure I could have done it faster if I'd known the right setting. (I don't mean to rag on KT about it; this was a fun game)

If City Raising is on, then players should know that going in imnsho.
I agree. But people playing after reading comments in this thread will have better games (because of fewer surprises) as compared to @zxcvbob, @poxpower, and myself. OTHO, prince DiploVC — should be pretty straightforward. I very much enjoyed my reasonably fast game.

I agree. But people playing after reading comments in this thread will have better games (because of fewer surprises) as compared to @zxcvbob, @poxpower, and myself. OTHO, prince DiploVC — should be pretty straightforward. I very much enjoyed my reasonably fast game.

After 7 years people still dont know that all game options can be seen inside the game ?

This game is:
No city razing
No barbs
Complete Kills

Just click details in the menu after loading the save. I ALWAYS do that.

Top Bottom