News: TSG 206 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 206
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////
Welcome to the206th game in the GOTM V Training Series! This Series will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features from Civ5's expansions and DLCs in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Dont replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or me know (either in the forums or through Private Message) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.
Civ V BNW - TSG205 Details:
Player (You): Harun al-Rashid - Arabia
Victory Condition
: Diplomacy all other VCs are enabled, Difficulty: King
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/16
Map Type/Size: standard/Sandstorm
Game pace: Standard
Game Options
Start - Ancient
Enabled - Quick Combat, Quick Movement,

(Regardless of starting options, you may turn on/off Quick Combat/Quick Movement using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279.
Game Requirements: Korea,Ancient Wonders,Babylon,Dlc_sp_maps,Gods And Kings,Brave New World.
Unique Abilities:
Spoiler :

UA: Arabia, you possess Ships of the Desert. Caravans gain 50% extended range. Your trade routes spread the home city's religion twice as effectively. Oil resources are doubled.

You can train the Camel Archer, it replaces the Knight. The Camel Archer is a fast Medieval ranged unit that is weak only to Pikemen. It damages enemy units that are 2-hexes away and can move after combat. The Camel Archer is less powerful than the Knight in melee combat. The Camel Archer requires that you discover the technology of Chivalry and requires the Horse resource to build them.

You can also build the the Bazaar, it replaces the Market. The Bazaar provides a Gold bonus to the city as well as providing an additional copy of each luxury resource the city has within its borders. The Bazaar also provides +2 Gold for each Oil and Oases source. The Bazaar requires that you discover the technology of Currency and you do not need a resource to build them.

This is where you will start:
20210523230313_1.jpg

Information about threads associated with each individual TSG -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
TSG Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (dont be afraid to ask questions). Its also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please dont post any game-related info once you open and play the save. Instead use the next thread.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by earliest date and highest score ). We will issue a medal to the top winner (based on earliest date finished for each VC). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system
This game runs for a month and ends July 15th, 2021

Attachments

• TSG206_Start.Civ5Save
    501.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Arabia limited to Diplo is genius! SIP for Great Library, then two-city Liberty NC, building WW like a newb.

Edit for note to OP: Difficulty is King.

Tradition will probably give me the best result. But to have some fun with the camels I will probably take some cities, so I will also go for liberty. Petra seems a must on this map, I don’t know how fast it goes on King, but I will try to get it.

Just want to point out to get a diplo victory, you have to get the UN formed first.

This happens automatically when either any civilization reaches the Information Era, or once half the world civilizations still in game reach the Atomic Era.

At King level, Civs progress really slooooow. (My first try took much longer than I thought it would just because I forgot how slow they progress).

How'd I miss this. Arabia, King, I should be able to do something. Don't like that tundra but the rest is too good to move.

Top Bottom