News: TSG210 announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 210
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////
Welcome to the 210th game in the GOTM V Training Series! This Series will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features from Civ5's expansions and DLCs in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Dont replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, Hammer Rabbi or me know (either in the forums or through Private Message) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.
Civ V BNW - TSG209 Details:
Player (You): Maria - Portugal
Victory Condition
: Score all other VCs are enabled, Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/16
Map Type/Size: Large Islands/Large
Game pace: Quick
Game options: 200 turns max
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Quick Combat, Quick Movement,
No Barbs, .

(Regardless of starting options, you may turn on/off Quick Combat/Quick Movement using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279.
Game Requirements: korea, mongolia . Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.
Portugal's Unique Abilities:
Spoiler :
UA: Mare Clausum. Resource diversity grants twice as much gold for Portugal in Trade Routes.

You can build the Feitoria, a Unique Portuguese tile improvement that only Portugal may build. A Feitoria can only be built in a City-State's lands, on a coastal tile without a resource. It provides one copy of each Luxury Resource type that the City-State has connected, regardless of your status with that City-State, but that copy cannot be traded. It also provides the same +50% defense bonus as a Fort.

You can also train the Nau, a Unique Portuguese naval melee unit. It has more moves than the Caravel, which it replaces, and can perform a one-time ability next to foreign lands to earn gold Gold and XP. May only be built by the Portuguese.

20211103005629_1.jpg

Information about threads associated with each individual TSG -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
TSG Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (dont be afraid to ask questions). Its also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please dont post any game-related info once you open and play the save. Instead use the next thread.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by earliest date and highest score ). We will issue a medal to the top winner (based on earliest date finished for each VC). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.
This game runs for a month and ends 3 December 2021.
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• TSG210_Start.Civ5Save
    568 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
That's lots 'o initial food there. No reason to move unless the warrior discovers an awesome NW just out of range. Glad its Prince because I really have no idea how to play Portugal.

I assume its ok to ask here, I haven't started yet, anyone know the best way to generate score? I've looked at the values for what things are worth what amount of score but still have never won a score victory. I guess it may be easy on Prince but then maybe not. Is there something you absolutely need to do? Or not do?

I assume its ok to ask here, I haven't started yet, anyone know the best way to generate score? I've looked at the values for what things are worth what amount of score but still have never won a score victory. I guess it may be easy on Prince but then maybe not. Is there something you absolutely need to do? Or not do?
there isnt a specific thing that needs to be done. This type of game allows for building lots things rather than forcing you to a specific path.

Be awesome. :) Which at prince level makes a good game. I don't know the most cost effective way to create points; it's probably cities. The AIs that have high point scores are often the ones that spam crappy little cities everywhere, in addition to their core good cities. But population seems to give points too, and possibly that's where the points come from with lots of cities, because AI cities will grow no matter how bad they are.

You get points from wonders. And maybe from number of technologies researched and the number of policies. I know you get points for each time you research "Future Tech" but that probably doesn't apply here.

Edit: Great works are probably worth points too, also founding, enhancing, and reforming a religion.

Do a little of everything and do it well, and you probably don't have to excel at anything. HTH

Last edited:
Map Type/Size and Game pace is incorrect in description, its actually:

Spoiler :

Map Type/Size and Game pace is incorrect in description, its actually:

Spoiler :
Corrected, Thank You. :goodjob:

Top Bottom