1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: TSG84 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by Hammer Rabbi, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Does this require BNW or is G&K enough?

2. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

It requires BNW as well as GnK. Announcements always have requirement details in the Game Settings along with any settings changes beyond standard.

HR

3. kb27787

kb27787 Emperor

Warlord? I'll pass :lol: I want GotM's that actually you have a CHANCE of losing :lol:

4. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

You could consider needing more turns than someone else losing ...

5. Novalia

Novalia Prince

More like "it's not a culture game I'll pass."
    Culture culture culture.

6. traibuidoi

traibuidoi Chieftain

No one noticed that ?? :mischief:

7. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

I think those of us that did, didn't really care. After all, you don't have to take anything except the capitals to win domination. At this difficulty level, the AI won't be as quick to build the extra cities as they would at the top difficulty levels.

8. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

That is an idea worth considering. But it also means moving away from two out of three tiles that have 2 :c5food:. And :c5food: does seem to be scarce in this area. I guess the warrior needs to move south first to take a look at the surroundings of the gold hill.

Is that possible? Will the deer survive the removal of their habitat?

9. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

Yes, I do it all the time for deer on plains tile. This works because both plains and forest are 1 food 1 production. A deer on a grassland would lose 1 production but gain 1 food if you chop its forest. A deer on a tundra would lose the 1 production but not gain any food. The only time I'd even consider chopping a tundra deer's forest is if I took dance of the auroras, which is almost never worth taking.

10. TLHeart

TLHeart King

another thing to think about on this map type, with all those mountain ranges in the way, as you find a gap in the mountains, there will be a lake in the way... getting embarkation can speed up movement on this style of map.

No city razing, well on some of my test runs, I did have to take a satellite city, just to get to the capital, due to placement...

11. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

And yet another thing: Be on the lookout for Mount Kilimanjaro. Any unit passing by will receive the altitude training promotion. Just the thing you need in the highlands!

12. Acken

Acken Deity

I think I'll make 2 or 3 scouts (undecided yet), then archers then charriots until the end. When possible I'll rush buy a worker.
    The real difficulty in my play test was to actually get to the ennemy and knowing where they are, careful scouting and imo 3 scouts seems in order. They'll help taking cities and will show passage and stuff.

Tech wise wheel first is obvious and then I'll probably take a luxury if none from ruin and after that optics is a possibility considering all the little lakes.

Can't say I'm very enthusiastic, I hated this map on my play tests.

13. VSorceress

VSorceress Chieftain

This is my first GOTM... I lurk around here but never have the courage play it out. Guess I'll go on ahead and give it a try.

14. Hammer Rabbi

Welcome to GotM and our TSG Series! Good luck and have fun!

HR

15. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

This almost counts as my first GoTM. I contaminated myself by reading the other threads. I still played, but went for a different victory then everyone else. I did enjoy playing this one. I want to do an other in future. (Maybe the next Prince level).

16. Hammer Rabbi

Welcome to the Gotm forums! Feel free to play them in whatever manner you choose but if you intend to submit to compete/compare with others, sticking to the designated VC will be needed. Thanks for posting.

HR

17. bc1

bc1

Warlord is too boring, will skip this one also