News Website

riot_girl

Chieftain
What would be very neat is a fake news website . Some thing modled to look like a "real news website." im okay in html, and very good in graphic desgine. Id happly do the graphics, logos, editing, and writting ect of a site like this if we could get people to do the html, mabye some editorial and writting help.

It could have such things as, a recap of the events in recent sessions presented as articals from "news personalities." that could either be serious or parodies on real news people. Possibly some other articals

for example, if a great person comes into play we could have a "interview" with the great person featured on the site.

Or citzens complaint mail about how that new forge is making so much smoke around his house he can bearly breath.

That sort of thing... Feel free to get in touch.

Ladies and Gents. A link to a rough draft of the Civfanatics News network, on the Demogame website which is located Here

Thats a good idea. ^-^ I played around with blogger a bit, it is pretty easy. I'll check that out.

Wow, great idea, I love it already! :D

Im still not sure, if parodies such as. Larry Queen, a overly gay larry king in drag. Or more seriously geared sorta things. What do ya'll think?

Examples: The egyptian invading a german city.

Parody: Geroldio Rivera reporting here at the front line of the spanish invasion of bismark. The egyptains war elephants have been exterminating the german defensive, but there explosions of excrement from there pacadermian backside have mad this one stinky battle feild. The german defensive is showing signs of surrender at the sear skill of the egyptian swordsmen. After the egyptains have taken this city we will have acess to plenty of silk, but this silk is not as silky as that of my carefully groomed mustache.

Serious: Reports comming from CFNN's own mike tompson at the front line of the egyptain offensive. The egyptain units have taken a foot hold villages surrounding the city of bismark, and are as we speak marching to take the city. From early reconissance the city is well defended by a newer battle feild unit, the knight. However the number of eypgtain troops greatly outnumber the defenders. IT seams like its going ot be a battle of skill vrs sear numbers. The egyptian despot has given this statement.

"Our great empire will liberate the German people from there cruel opression at the hands of Cathrine. We refuse to excpet any thing less then freeing every german city and town, or German ruling class disbanding there pratices of slavery.

I also have a very crappy, tough functioning html desgine template done. But i really could use some help with some one who knows more html then I do.

Oh and I'd love to make contributions as well.. ;-)

I believe we should let it up to the reporter in question to make it a funny or serious report... Or maybe make different appointments; one serious reporter and one 'comic' to criticise the actions of the government, or make it plain funny. A textual variation of political cartoons so to speak...

I can offer my services as a commentator for CFNN.

I also offer some editing services too, if that's needed. Then, I can write Op-Ed pieces or something similar.

I like this idea riot_girl.

Two things future:
1. you and your screwy website got me again [pissed] :gripe: [pissed]
I am the Future said:
Not needed I am sure RoboPig would hold dibs on the job Becasu of this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=136330 I would recomend bringing up any website ideas with him.

2. could you explain what you meant by this?

Slim_Chance said:
2. could you explain what you meant by this?
he means that i have already set up a newspaper, so i have a monopoly on it. therefore, there is no reason to have a second one.

RoboPig said:
he means that i have already set up a newspaper, so i have a monopoly on it. therefore, there is no reason to have a second one.

Monopolies are not good. And that not a good reason robo.

-KL

Knightlancer said:
Monopolies are not good. And that not a good reason robo.

-KL
i was only kidding about the monopoly :D
plus, two news sites are unneccessary, i will PM you riot girl

No two news sites are not unnecessary. Robopig yours looks like a real news site, where as Riot_girls looks like the Daily Show. Also how would you like it if you only had one source of news and it was FOX News? I want to see this. You should not try to force her out of the business.

CaliSurfer said:
No two news sites are not unnecessary. Robopig yours looks like a real news site, where as Riot_girls looks like the Daily Show. Also how would you like it if you only had one source of news and it was FOX News? I want to see this. You should not try to force her out of the business.
i am not trying to force her out of buisness, its just that in the demogame you really only need one source, in real life you need more.

RoboPig said:
i am not trying to force her out of buisness, its just that in the demogame you really only need one source, in real life you need more.

That's rather ironic coming from the owner of the only paper reminds me a bit too much of people in history that I do not like. This is a Demogame so why do we even need one? It's not like there's actual money involved and it's not like this is hurting you, so why do want it gone?

Imerator29 said:
That's rather ironic coming from the owner of the only paper reminds me a bit too much of people in history that I do not like. This is a Demogame so why do we even need one? It's not like there's actual money involved and it's not like this is hurting you, so why do wnat it gone?
i didnt say it was hurting me, if you arent riot girl, you dont know what is in the PM i sent to her, which holds the solution

Sush children and go to your corners :p There may be a merger between the little news's's's's's'zzzzzzzzzzzz Any ways, its a simulated world and having compitetion between two things, be it a news sources, or companys of some sort, only adds another layer of depth and realism to the simulation.

Any way about the merger, it will only happen if we can come to some joint agreement about how to handle it. Sides, I allready love any one who quotes the myth busters. Thats like my favorite show.

Top Bottom