News: Which Civilization shall be the first for Civ6 GotM?

Which Civilization Should We Play First?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Welcome to the Civ6 Game of the Month forum.

A poll to decide what Civilization will be the first for us to play. It is a public poll that will run for 7 days.

Who would you like to learn more about and discuss? Please vote and yell us why you chose that civ and we shall see. :)

We have much work to do to get a submission system working as we better understand the features of Civ6. Our initial games may be more for us to learn about Civ6 together as we share our experiences, but more on that as we progress.

edit - Did not include the Aztecs as not everyone pre-ordered and we want this game to be available to all players that wish to participate.

Last edited:
My $0.02: Scythia appears to be broken/exploitable at the moment and Sumer sounds like a war cart rush. America's abilities come on too late. Norway appears to be too ocean based so for max potential I'm voting China. Haven't played them yet. Interesting to see whether people wonder spam and go culture or take a different path to victory. Abilities are reasonably early as well so gives you a chance to settle in and then take advantage of them (e.g., the warmongers can use the UU's - and see how those UU's stack up).

Depends on the victory type you want to go for. Religious victory is the least completed victory at the moment, at least as the Steam stats show. So I'd say try and host a Religious game with Spain, Arabia, or India. I'm voting Spain.

Regardless civ in current game state it will be one huge exploit fest, but I keep my fingers crossed for security mod in future :)

My $0.02: Scythia appears to be broken/exploitable at the moment and Sumer sounds like a war cart rush. America's abilities come on too late. Norway appears to be too ocean based so for max potential I'm voting China. Haven't played them yet. Interesting to see whether people wonder spam and go culture or take a different path to victory. Abilities are reasonably early as well so gives you a chance to settle in and then take advantage of them (e.g., the warmongers can use the UU's - and see how those UU's stack up).

Actually my vote would be for any civ that seems to be broken/exploitable. Let's confirm that if true. If you find exploits during the game, describe how you did it, so rules can be made for future games and/or suggestions to Firaxis for fixes.

Depends on the victory type you want to go for. Religious victory is the least completed victory at the moment, at least as the Steam stats show.
Interesting stat. Religious victory is probably the easiest to achieve, even on Deity.
I voted for Gorgo. Nice early abilities. China might also be interesting.

Voted France - like to see more people collecting feedback on AI, diplomacy, and the easy advantage france gets at seeing their hidden agenda would assist.

Woo GOTM. Just make us something please leif ! Cant wait.
I would not really mind including civs like scythia. I would suggest starting with games that are very clearly focussed on 1 victory condition so that we start trying out all playstyles. After that we could have games where multiple victory conditions and more balanced civs are viable. Then again, scythia might not be the best example since most of us probably gave those a try already on our own.

Ye in a GOTM style i suppose. I did restart until i got a start with lots of truffles (gold to upkeep my army) and 5 nearby CSes to be give me a free envoy :D
Please do not expect such generosity from me. :mischief:

I'm voting Gilgamesh. I'm curious how you make Adventures with Enkidu succeed. Do you team up with a stronger civ in a joint war and let them do most of the hard work, while you sit behind and reap the XP? It seems like that just strengthens your powerful ally as much as (or more than) it does you. Very intriguing civilization ability.

I voted for Rome, it might be pretty cheesy but Rome has a nice set of advantages to play around with.

I voted Germany, as I have a balance problem: ie I produce like crazy but run out of honest money too quickly (built units for their destruction pay off : frigate around 450 gold!!! has to be nerfed).

There must be a way to equilibrium, as that has always been the case in previous Civ: not easy but doable"?", I have few districts apart from Hansa obviously.

Top Bottom