NEWS: WOTM 44 results and congratulations!

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

WOTM 44: Franklin D Roosevelt of America

Game Details:

In a work reduction effort, this game is unchanged from a random map generation with random opponents, and there is ONLY a Contender Class save to play.

Warlords WOTM 44 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

hhhawk: 1565 AD Domination Victory, 173,857 points.

zamint3: 1120 AD Conquest Victory, 144,766 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1290 AD Conquest Victory, 140,935 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

The-Hawk: 1260 AD Domination Victory, 120,959 points.

neilmeister: 1180 AD Diplomatic Victory, 69,390 points.

Jastrow: 1700 AD Spaceship Victory, 58,029 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1570 AD Cultural Victory, 45,407 points.

matthew9890: 1999 AD Spaceship Victory, 14,707 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Award Winners:

imadork: 1838 AD Conquest Victory, 32,875 points.

IvanTheFearsome: 1970 AD Domination Victory, 18,328 points.

Orel: 1983 AD Spaceship Victory, 12,010 points.

chris1229: 2000 AD Diplomatic Victory, 10,163 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of Warlords WOTM 44 results.

.... I'm not even in the top 50 any more... omg.... maybe I should retire from the job as game designer so that I can play more?

Humbaba no like that.

Top half, barely. Impressive donsig victory ;) Impressive ALL the victories, no one lost a game!

matthew9890: what a cow!

And the top 3, well, as usual :D

well, unsurprisingly I got the cow, but at the same time I feel disappointed because I didn't finish as fast as I could have (not that there was any chance of me beating most of the people who went for space).

Oh, and congrats to all the winners. :)

I am surprised by the settling pattern. why am I the only person who was at all interested by the silk? Sure, it is not the greatest tile in the world, but it is better than nothing.

Am I missing something?

I am surprised by the settling pattern. why am I the only person who was at all interested by the silk? Sure, it is not the greatest tile in the world, but it is better than nothing.

Am I missing something?

Food is the most important thing in the early game and all game. Silk is considered one of the worst resources in the game, although the rare grass silk is ok. However, you gave up 2 riverside sugars and 1 non-riverside sugar for a resource that can't be improved until Calendar (which is often not a human beeline tech anyway). Riverside sugar can be farmed early for 4F output and non-riverside is basically the same as a grass farm (and can be cottaged). That's 15F from those 4 sugars and 7 surplus food, which is pretty sweet. All that can be had very very early. The silk does nothing for you for a very long time and is food neutral (most of the time silk is on plains and is food negative for marginal commerce gain)

Overalll, your move 1N was not that bad, but you did hurt your food output quite a bit. edit: Keep in mind, when evaluating settling patters here, most experienced players are going to look for a spot to settle that gives them the strongest opening and that will mean food and possibly gold or gems. What's interesting to me is that on Jovan settled on a sugar. I seriously considered it, but did not want to give up the gold.

Also, I went back and looked at the start to just try remember my train of thought. Other points are 1) yeah, you don't see all sugar, but it usually comes in bunches 2) more green

Yes, I understand that food rules and indeed, if I had seen the 4 sugars, I would never have moved north (Tho in actuality, I think the move is about neutral, since it creates a sugar+gold site for city 2 which is quite nice). Indeed, if I had seen the sugar, I would have seriously considered Jovan's move, but likely would have wimped out, as giving up the glod is scarry.

My question was based on the fact that we only see the single sugar, and we do see the silk. From what was visible, I traded 5 unknown tiles to add (silk+plain hill+ grass hill+ Plain+1 unknown)... That seems like a pretty decent gamble to me that I am better, or at least no worst off.

Now, I admit I completly overlooked/neglected the notion that sugar clusters. Maybe that tips the scale in the other direction, but am I really the only guy who missed this concept?

I don't know about other people, but I generally trust non edited maps to have pretty good starts and expected more resources to be in the fog. The tiles further North were less tempting than the possibility of more food resources for SIP. What I did consider was trying to go further East to try and find more gold.

Now, I admit I completly overlooked/neglected the notion that sugar clusters. Maybe that tips the scale in the other direction, but am I really the only guy who missed this concept?

Well, it is hard to predict the mindset of everyone who SIP'd, unless they all chime in here. I guess considering that we had gold and wet corn right there and what appeared to be ample green tiles, most felt that SIP was more than fine. I will say this, silk will not make me move my settler and I expect others felt the same way (food resource would be an entirely different matter). Again, your move wasn't a bad one - you basically kept all visible resources in play for the cap without a loss of visible production either. I'm certainly glad I SIP'd though.

First award wohoo!!! But seriously at least it is another win, hopefully soon i will have as many wins as losses. Congrats to everyone who won desirable awards.

Top Bottom