[Warlords] News: WOTM 77 starts 1 January

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff

WOTM 77: Overpowered of Awesome.

First WOTM in a year and a half.... you play as 'Overpowered' of the 'Awesome' empire. With all those Quechas, and Terraces.... not to mention the fantastic combo of Industrious/Financial, there should be no excuse to lose, right??? Well, it is Warlords Emperor, which means its about equivalent of BtS Immortal.

The map is completely unedited.... seriously! I was going to roll up a map and let you play whatever I rolled.... you guys must just be lucky! I had already selected 'No Barbs' at that point, but with that start not sure it was necessary.

Game settings:
Playing as: Overpowered of Awesome
Rivals: 6 AIs
Difficulty: Emperor
Starting Era:
Ancient
Speed: Normal
Options: No barbarians, no goody huts
Victory Conditions:
All enabled

Map settings:
Map: Lakes
World Wrap: Cylindrical
Mapsize: Worldsize_standard
Climate: Climate_temperate
Sea level: Sealevel_medium

Overpowered is Industrious and Financial, and you start with Mysticism and Agriculture.
The Industrious trait gives +50% wonder production and double production speed of Forge

The Financial trait gives +1 commerce on any plot that already has at least 2 commerce

Unique unit: Quechua (replaces Warrior)
The Quechua benefits from: free promotions: combat1, and 100% combat bonus against archer units. This compares with the Warrior which has: no directly comparable benefits.

Unique Building: Terrace (replaces Granary)
The Terrace is basically the best building in the game... it replaces the Granary, which is of course a mandatory building in even the crappiest of cities, but it also adds Culture. So a Granary that pops borders = WIN

Starting screenshot

This is the start of the game (click for a bigger image):

To Enter the Competition:

This competition will open at 00:01 am on 1 Jan 2019, server local time (UTC-6:00). From that date and time, you'll be able to get your chosen starting save >>>here<<<.

Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 28 Feb 2019.

Here is a link to a list of the differences between Vanilla, Warlords and BtS.

Software Versions

Windows: This game MUST be played in Warlords (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Beyond the Sword), patched to version 2.13, and with the HOF mod version 2.13.003 installed. You can download the HOF mod here. Players using Windows Vista or Windows 7 are encouraged to read the notes on Vista fixes here.

If you have not installed BtS, you will need to update the relevant DLL files in order to match the Locked Assets checks. These are available here.**

Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Warlords (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Beyond the Sword), patched to version 2.13, and with the Mac HOF mod version 2.13.001 installed. You can download the Mac HOF mod here.
While playing...

Remember - for your entry to be accepted, it MUST be your first attempt to play this game, and you MUST NOT replay any turns. If you make a mistake while playing, you have to live with it, learn from it, and carry on the game without replaying.

We will open 'spoiler' threads during the month for players to discuss what happens in their games. Do not discuss any details of your game outside those threads.

and yes.... it should be WOTM 77....

Nice, thanks Neil!

Not much reason to move, unless Q east uncovers more food and shinies.

Will spoilers for this game be created sooner than those for GOTM133? :p

Oh yeah... spoilers! Its been a while :blush:

:woohoo:
woot, thanks Neil, and thanks for two months to play
excellent reason to try again to get Warlords working in win10/Steam (after I finish gotm, after I finish botm, ...)

Hey Neil - ya mind posting up the Warlords assets. Can't open the save, and don't think I've run a Warlords HOF mod game since I switch to Steam. (Unfortunately, Asset Checker is not working for Warlords for some reason)

:woohoo:
woot, thanks Neil, and thanks for two months to play
I second that. Maybe even minute it.
Let's see how quickly i manage to lose this.:spear:

:wallbash:
Spoiler Fails to Load :
upload_2019-2-13_10-27-1.png
Do we want 2.13.003 or 2.13.004?

Top Bottom