NewUnit: Death Glider - Stargate Fighter (Aug 20, 2005)

Bjornlo

Deity

The Stargate Death Glider (Goa'uld Fighter)
Download the complete unit
Here

Previews:

fidget/Default -> run -> Fortify+attack ->death

victory if the unit is used as a sea or ground unit. (or use as fidget)

victory if the unit is used as an Air unit (Bombing)

This unit includes

Civilopedia Icons
Units32 icon
Animation files
(8 animations) Attack, Defeat, Run, bomb, Victory, Default, Fidget, Fortify
Sound files
for all animations except for default.
Civilopedia.txt content
Pediaicons.txt content

Wallpapers:
Ice Patrol - my favorite
Death Glider Launch
Space Patrol
--
Note:
If you are a SG fan, I also made a couple of
SG themed titlescreens
--
Death Glider is a multi-role Air/Space superiority and ground attack fighter used BY Jaffa in service to the Goa'uld

Two-man attack vessel designed for combat in both space and an atmosphere. Death gliders are outfitted with broadcast speakers to allow the pilots to terrorize the populations beneath verbally, as well as with their weapons. They are outfitted with removable staff cannons, two to three times larger than standard staff weapons.

Gliders are capable of landing on smooth terrains, but are primarily designed to facilitate terror and obedience from those beneath.

-----------
Version 1.1
The download link has been updated and now points to version 1.1 of this unit.
Changes: slower death and sound. original fast death and sound are included as options.

nice one! :D

:edit: did you animate this intending it to be land unit?

Looks Great Bjornlo...Nice illumination with the Attack Rays and the Death Flames look very good too...would like to see that Death a little longer to enjoy even more :) . Did you get the model from bhiita? I know he was working on a Death Glider. Very Good Job :goodjob:

@Bhiita,
Thanks. If you look at the Icepatrol wallpaper, you'll see that thing you helped me with. I did not animate all my spaceships assuming they will be AIR units. The INI is set up with this assumption. However, in following the various space mod threads I've noticed that alot of mod-makers use spaceships as either ground or water units. So, I include the victory I expect they'll need (bombing) and also the one they 'mght' need (ground/sea).

@Vuldacon,
Thanks alot for the kind words. I will look at the death anim and see about extending it (FLC edit or maybe re-render). I did not get this model from Bhiita. I had the model put together (fully textured and partially animated) back when I thought Bhiita had dropped his. I just decided to complete it even though Bhiita is also doing one. Each of the Goa'uld had slightly different death gliders, plus everyone prefers variety and choices.

@MarineCorps, thanks.

Looks great... :) BTW is anyone still making a SG1 mod?

Flamand said:
Looks great... :) BTW is anyone still making a SG1 mod?
Thorgrimm has mentioned that he might make one. But other then that, nope.
Of course I figure any space unit can probably find room as a 'fill in the blank' unit in other space mods.
I just enjoy SG and so enjoy making SG units.

!!! Bjornlo, emergency!!

When this lovely unit is used as an air unit, the bombing run is out of sync...the fighter passes a target by about 2 squares and then it is bombed by laser...you think you can please fix this???

spiky82 said:
!!! Bjornlo, emergency!!

When this lovely unit is used as an air unit, the bombing run is out of sync...the fighter passes a target by about 2 squares and then it is bombed by laser...you think you can please fix this???

Hmm, I had not thought of that... the default bombing assumes the unit passes over and drops the bombs down... and they land later.
I'm not sure if I can fix this, since it involved hard coded in the game stuff. Specifically the sequence of when to play the bombing animation.

Anyone have any suggestions for how this can be addressed?

If anyone wants want, I can make a bombing animation which is explosions only, and no lasers. This would make it look as if the unit had dropped actual (conventional) bombs. Obviosuly this would not be very accurate to the show, but it might look better in game.

Bjornlo said:
Obviosuly this would not be very accurate to the show, but it might look better in game.

Ignoring the fact that the DG is not equiped to carry anything, the Goa'uld don't have ballistics (no idea what the alkesh drops.) :p It would be impossible.

oh...in that case, I'll enjoy this unit until I can get enough money to buy civ4...thank you, Bjornlo for a quick response!! I hope you will make such wonderful units for civ4 as well!!

spiky82 said:
oh...in that case, I'll enjoy this unit until I can get enough money to buy civ4...thank you, Bjornlo for a quick response!! I hope you will make such wonderful units for civ4 as well!!
Don't hold your breath. At present I am quite disatisfied with what I have learned about what will be required to support Civ4. But since the product has not shipped yet, things may change. For now, I am in the Civ3 camp.

good Job on your Death Glider unit,Bjornlo

Top Bottom