1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next 3 cities

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Jan 11, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I hope I will manage to make and post my version of dotmap. Could implement it even in combination with the sandbox I also hope to get the time and will to make these days :)

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

No, we just proposed the Oasis as a midpoint that neither team can settle beyond, but they never officially agreed. When we told them we would be settling a city by the oasis, I suggested we tell them they can have the corn, but that didn't make it in the message we actually sent.

We currently have NO border agreement with RB.

3. 2metraninja

Thats interesting food for thoughts :crazyeye:

4. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Considering what we know about RB, the fact they are close to our NW area means we should be settling that area fast.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Considering the settling of the Spanish city, we could settle the Marble city one north. That city would require a lot of work to make worthwhile, besides the marble. Also since we would have some competition in getting that site with Uciv, it might be best for us to plan to get it this region ASAP.

6. 2metraninja

Landgrabbing and fierce competition will not serve us well I think. Lets settle the cities which we make productive fast and for which we could actually spend worker-turns to improve. What good is if we settle a city only to claim the area, but instead of starting giving us return/benefit, we only dump 10 gpt in it for the next 25 turns? Marble could be nice to secure of strategic reasons, but not at the cost of dragging our growth/economics. BTW, I made a map to discuss a no-settling-are border with Uciv, which if accepted should secure us the marble for us to settle when we are ready anyway.

Spoiler :

BTW, the no-settling-zone way of handling borders is the most elegant I can think of. This way everyone is guaranteed to be able to settle. With a single border line splitting the tiles in two, there will be always a race to settle, because you can actually push the border 2 tiles in your opponent's direction ;)

7. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Yes, I think the border proposal quite good. Will draft tomorrow.