Next best leader poll part A

Second best leader part A

• Total voters
I voted Darius because everytime I play him I have to recheck the settings because it feels like playing Monarch all over again (when I'm in fact playing at immortal). UU too strong and even without it FIN/ORG is such a strong economic combo that one can easily expand with little to no worries in breaking the tech pace. I probably value Organized trait higher than most do, however. In fact I'd pick it over Financial for most (average) starts.

But I also regard Gandhi, Elizabeth and Augustus as solid, flexible leaders, though. I also think if Gilgamesh had something other than Protective he'd be pretty hot, too.

1 vote for Liz! ^_^

My next best leader is Willem van Orange-unfortunately he isn't on the list. Both of his traits are very strong for the early game. Creative for early border pops and cheap libraries--plus financial (a top tier trait as well). Three commerce from riverside cottages and sea tiles really helps. These early bonuses add up and snowball later in the game. I seem to win with him more consistently than any other leader.

When the late game comes around his dykes kick in-one extra production in every sea and river tile. They would be sick overpowering if they didn't come late. His unit rocks as well. Being able to carry an extra unit to the new world is great. It can stand up to privateers and is great for doing sneak attacks by sea.

Out of this list I choose Liz. Philosophy is great get get a tech lead early, and financial is strong for the reasons above. Her unit is great for the age of rifles. her unique building is pretty good as well.

Top Bottom