Next best leader poll part C

Second best leader part C

• Total voters

Gwynnja

Deity
Instead of arbitrarily choosing 25 of the leaders that I thought might be the next best leader, I'll go ahead and give everyone a fair shake by having three sets of polls so that every leader has the opportunity to be voted upon. In a couple weeks, I'll have a championship poll.

This is the easiest choice. Rammy is miles ahaed of the rest. Other good laders here, Vicky Willem, Shaka and SB cannot compete

Very hard to get away from Ramesses. Egypt is very strong to start with, and I feel Ramesses is the better Egyptian leader. Very tempting to go with Willem too, as creative+financial is almost easy mode, but overall Ramesses wins this. Two good traits, top notch UU, good starting techs. UB is a bit of a non-event, but overall a very strong package.

Shaka should get some love too.

Voted Ramesses as well, though I can't remember when last played him. Willem is also very strong, I picked him for my first ever immortal game and I remember it felt like easy mode indeed, just because of his traits. Creative makes so many decisions so much easier.

My favorite leader to play from this group would be Suleiman. I love to utilize his traits for beelining gunpowder and then stomp the medieval world with Jannisaries, though I would not call him even nearly the strongest in the group.

I love Suleiman and Willem has great traits, but I'm voting for Ramesses.

Ramesses II has it all, great starting techs, great traits, good unique building and great unique unit, but it requires Horse which isn't that common on some map types.

So I went with Zara Yaqob, primarily for his Oromo Warriors with free Dill I and Drill II promotions. With Theocracy and Barracks, they can be drafted and given Drill III or they can be organically built or whipped and given Drill IV at only 5 XPs. These units are awesome as they are and just need some help versus units that ingore first strikes like Knights. Best of all they can be upgraded to Riflemen and retain all their Drill promotions.

Suleiman is a good choice too, but Janissaries that are upgraded to Riflemen lose their +25% bonus versus melee, archery and mounted units.

Qin Shi Haung and his Cho-Ko-Nus has a great trait Industrious and Protective that many players do not appreciate as much as they could. In this case, protective adds both Drill I and City Garrison I to archery units. So Cho-Ko-Nus get a free offensive promotion, Drill I, and a free defensive promotion, City Garrison I. Of course colateral damage is what makes Cho-Ko-Nus so great. The can destroy enemy stacks in the open versus their strength of 6 over Catapult's 5. They also get the free Drill I promotion which makes the Drill line much easier to complete (10 XPs versus 17 XPs). The Combat line might be better at causing enemy damage, but Drill greatly reduces damage one's own troops sustain. Also, Iron is usually plentiful, especially when Iron Working is prioritized early on.

Sun Tzu Wu

1. Ramesses as everyone already said. borderline OP imo.

2. Suleiman. Philosophical with no fishing means bulbing shenanigans. Aside from that, imperialistic isn't super hot but it does allow settling cities faster than the AI sometimes (which is crucial on IMM and likely even more so on deity) which turns it into a decently scaling trait. Also earlier/more greater generals if using the aforementioned medieval warfare/bulbing strategy.

Qin, Sury, Willem, Zara and Shaka are all good leaders but not top tier material, IMO.

1. Ramesses as everyone already said. borderline OP imo.

2. Suleiman. Philosophical with no fishing means bulbing shenanigans. Aside from that, imperialistic isn't super hot but it does allow settling cities faster than the AI sometimes (which is crucial on IMM and likely even more so on deity) which turns it into a decently scaling trait. Also earlier/more greater generals if using the aforementioned medieval warfare/bulbing strategy.

Qin, Sury, Willem, Zara and Shaka are all good leaders but not top tier material, IMO.

I also think that imperialistic on suleiman is very great, because the main problem with the bulbing strategys is getting some citys at least and the 50% on chops while working scientists is a great boost in this case.

If you want a really good date with xbows or trebs you have to work scientists in your capitol + 2nd city asap which makes it really hard to expand.

€: Well creative would be better, though obviously^^

Has the thread polling the winners of parts A, B & C been created yet?

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom