Next DLC is a double civ pack, details 'in weeks to come'

I like how everybody has basically already moved on from Australia before its even released and is now focusing on the actual balance patch and this DLC.

I can't guess at the civs yet, but I'm going to bet on (around) April 20th for the release date. So far the DLC have been 2 months apart.

I am extremely excited about Aussy, very unique and sounds fun. TBH, im just thankful for any dlc they release and will enjoy them without complaint.

If it's not the Ottomans ... wtf?

I get putting new civs in the game, especially ones that have never been in the game. But leaving the Ottomans out of a game titled civilization would be like having a game called science and just leaving out chemistry.

I get putting new civs in the game, especially ones that have never been in the game. But leaving the Ottomans out of a game titled civilization would be like having a game called science and just leaving out chemistry.

Reddit found game files pointing to Persia and *hides in foxhole* Macedonia.

Hehehe. They should make Alexander in charge of the modern Republic of Macedonia just to cheese people off.

How can you have Greece led by Pericles and Gorgo in the same game as a Macedonia led by Alexander. That doesn't make any sense. You would need to add Athens and Sparta if were really going to get that deep in semantics.

I know right!!!

The Ottomans have been a required vanilla civ since all the way back to CiV.

How can you have Greece led by Pericles and Gorgo in the same game as a Macedonia led by Alexander. That doesn't make any sense. You would need to add Athens and Sparta if were really going to get that deep in semantics.

Alex never led 'Greece' he conquered it and made it his pet. the 'Greeks' (whom by the way weren't' the only ones living in that 'Greek' area) subsumed Alex into their religious pantheon after the fact to make him 'Greek'.

Alex came, conquered, wiped the slate clean and effected Hellenism.

Alex never led 'Greece' he conquered it and made it his pet. the 'Greeks' (whom by the way weren't' the only ones living in that 'Greek' area) subsumed Alex into their religious pantheon after the fact to make him 'Greek'.

Alex came, conquered, wiped the slate clean and effected Hellenism.

Dude we just "said" the same "thing".

Here's a question for all of you speculators:

A lot of people keep saying the Mayans, Inca, Ottomans, Persia, Mongols (don't see this one happening with Scythia), etc are being saved for the big expansions, but I assumed the alternate leaders for the vanilla civs would have to be released en masse in the expansions instead.

If the expansions will just add alternative leaders, I guess Ottomans and such could be expected as a DLC release.

TLDR: Ottomans and such saved for the expansions, or will the expansions just add alternate leaders?

Top Bottom