Next Expansion pack...

Ukraineboy

Warlord
If they decide to make a new expansion pack instead of Civ4, then I suggest that they dont do the whole "New Civs, new UU's" etc etc.... I suggest this...

Civilization III: Diplomacy

This should had new Diplomatic abilities, like...

Puppet Regimes:

If you take control of another Civ's towns, then you have a choice of selecting as many towns as you like to become a Puppet Regime, whereas they will stay the same Civilization, they can use the same UU, and they handle exactly like a Civ, except they have a locked alliance with you, you have the ability to rename them, and you get a substantial Gold tribute.

Renaming Civilizations:

I believe you should have the ability to rename your Civilization, I mean, there is no more Zululand now adays, so you could rename them to Zimbabwe or whatever, or if your Russia and you turn Communist, you could rename yourself to Soviet Union. Also, you can rename Puppet Regimes as stated above

Civil Wars:

When a Revolution hits, there should be a percentage calculated (Depending on Civ, i.e. Corruption, if they are Religious etc.) that there is a chance some cities won't want to turn into your new Country, i.e. they are loyal to the old regime. You can leave them alone ofcourse, or you can declare war on them. Also, in Espionage, you have an option to start a "Coup D'etat" where a rival country will start a civil war with itself, the chances are increased if they have the same Race as you (This idea will be explained later) and you can "liberate" them.

Race:

Now, this is complicated but... here it goes.. There are different Races, they are generated randomly around the Capital city, i.e., if your Russia and around Moscow, most of the area will be Slavic, and they are loyal to you. ofcourse, there will be areas which are different race, they will still ofcourse join you (i.e. the culture borders can still go over them) and you can ofcourse build cities in them.. but the population of this city will be depend on the race.... Now, Race is an important factor for Reputation aswell. Lets say your Russia, and China has a city with a all Slavic population, they have a higher chance of culture flipping AND, if you declare war on them on the premise(explained later as well) of wanting that one city, your rep hit wont be hit so hard because you are Liberating them form the Chinese oppersors ;)

And ofcourse more options like Non-Agression pacts, and like NATO pacts (its always confusing when you have an MPP with Spain and Ottomons, the Ottomons declare war on Spain, and you have to declare war on Ottomons...)

These are for the most part pretty good ideas. However, if they are going to be in the next civgame, it will be civ4 as they aren't making any more civ3 expansions, and they ARE making civ4.

I want to add that your race idea is simulated with nationality of citizens.

I agree with all these ideas, as they are much needed, and although some are purely cosmetic, that isn't at all a bad thing, it makes for better gameplay. I agree with Hygro however, these ideas would be better of in civ 4, as they would probably be implemented better if they just started from scratch.

I like the Ideas, expecially the Civil War Idea.

Shouldn't these be in the Civ4 Idea Thread? (It has been Stickied, near the top . . . )

I miss the civil wars from Civ2. I really hope they bring those back.

All in all, some good ideas you have here.

Far flung colonies, such as those on other continents, should be more prone to the effects of civil wars also. We have many examples of revolutionary colonial goverments from the last two centuries and it would be cool if that could be simulated. I hate the American civilization in the game (love the real thing, don't get me wrong). And the Byzantines also. It would be cool if these civs were generated as AI civs breaking off of original civs at some point in the game. It may be too complicated to do, but I don't think so. The game will already regenerate vanquished powers if you choose that option. Just a thought.

Original Civ----------->Potential Civil war generated civ
England--------------->America
Rome------------------>Byzantine
China------------------>Korean?

My ignorance of world history may be showing on that last one.

Dr. Tachyon

i think they should definitely add somekind of terrorism aspect to the game, the ability to harbor terrorists in your civilization, hidden nationality land units ;) ie, terrorists. There should also be more things like new civs forming during the game ie, the formation of the soviet union. Similiar to th civil war idea

If terrorism is added, it'd have to be state-sponsored terrorism. I can't see a democracy or republic conducting those, so perhaps it should be limited to some of the other types.

Originally posted by Ukraineboy
Well, I was thinking of it more as a Expansion
Atari has said Civ 4 is in pre-production, so it's almost certain there won't be any more Civ 3 expansions.

Originally posted by Solinus
If terrorism is added, it'd have to be state-sponsored terrorism. I can't see a democracy or republic conducting those, so perhaps it should be limited to some of the other types.

Democracies have 'Special Ops'. Of course, they usually hit government/military targets instead of civilian, but otherwise they would be fairly similar. Like have Democracies blow up Barracks or Harbors while Despots blow up Temples and Marketplaces.

you could only build the terrorist units if you had the correct government i geuss that would be fascism(dictatorship)

About the puppet state one:
They should make colony cities too, which basically is the same as a puppet state, except that colonial cities are settled by your own people, while puppet states are from occupied cities from other civs. But your civs must have a certain amount of cities OR that those cities are a certain distance from your capital.
Colony/Puppet states property:
Their commerce goes to your main civilization (i.e. lux, treasury, science). But the shield production remain theirs, and that your civ will have no control over their production (i.e. shields usage). Your civ have direct control over their military. But if the city falls into disorder too often or your civilization cultural is weak or you have insufficient military in the cities, then the colony/puppet states may revolt and become a new civ in the game, unless you conquer them again.

Also, I wanna see a group of units create instead of just 1 unit standing there representing a group of units. i.e. I wanna see 5 warriors in 1 tile when 10 shield is spent, not 1 warrior in 1 tile. ANd 5 riflemen shooting at another 5 riflemen, and they die.

Originally posted by Veteranewbie

Also, I wanna see a group of units create instead of just 1 unit standing there representing a group of units. i.e. I wanna see 5 warriors in 1 tile when 10 shield is spent, not 1 warrior in 1 tile. ANd 5 riflemen shooting at another 5 riflemen, and they die.

What would be the difference?

Originally posted by homeyg

What would be the difference?

Check out the Multi-Figure Units forum (under Creation & Customization, then Unit Graphics) to see what Veteranewbie means.

I would love to see 3D graphics for the battles, that would be really sweet. They should definitely include these ideas for Civ 4.

The puppet regimes ought to work very similar to cultural conversions. My opinion is that you ought to receive a rep hit for conquering land from your neighbors after nationalism has been developed.

There would be three alternatives to conquest: puppet regime, rebuild them/leave them alone, or war retributions.

Basically what happens is you have an alternative to pure conquest with rep hit through puppet regime. The downsides would be a slight rep hit (vs. a major one), less effective units/cities from the puppet regime, risk of losing the cities, and taking a severe rep hit with that civ should they revolt against you. You could do so by taking their capital while having minimal war weariness, massive military majority, and no other active wars against a formidable enemy.

The option would be to select a Create Puppet Regime option where you select any cities that you control and create a new civ out of them.

If you choose to just let them be (and returning all their cities), you will not receive any rep hit or bonus from signing a piece treaty.

If you conquer them, and then choose to set them free and offer aid or loans, your relations will improve rapidly.

You may also choose to set them free, but demand war retributions that can keep them in financial ruin, but the more severe the retribution, the more bitterness that will be sown. If you ask for no retribution, this would be the base peace offer.

I like the idea of rebellions. If you have a region that is very unhappy for too long, they'll rebel and form a new civ (but with better names than in civ2) It is more likely if they are from a different culture group as well as nationality. If they are of a different nationality, the more aggresive the civ (or if their militarilistic), the more likely they'll revolt.

Also, puppet regimes produce unit with nationality. If they revolt, they become their forces. In a revolt, many conscript riflemen/guerils/etc. will be produced. New cities founded with their settlers have their nationality. They have production, fighting, trade, and growth penalties. Everyone else contacts them through their foreign advisor whom you control. Other civs can tell that they are your puppet regime, and your foreign advisor can make deals for them.

you guys scared me. for awhile I thought I'd have to shell out another $30.

But yes, yet another person here that wants the civil wars back, HOWEVER, it should be more complex than you taking over the capital city, and the empire suddenly splitting in two.....

anyone have ideas?

Top Bottom