1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by noontide, Aug 12, 2018.

1. noontide

noontide Chieftain

Any news?

2. criZp

criZp Chieftain

3. Rotomagus

Rotomagus Chieftain

civ6 is dead

4. noontide

noontide Chieftain

I still mainly play Civ IV, am I the only one?

5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Nope! I still play Civ IV more than any other Civ game as well. I find IV to be the most intriguing and complex, and therefore the most rewarding.

AbsintheRed and ZubieMaster like this.
  6. jddods

jddods Chieftain

Never got into to Civ IV, have it tried several times but ended up playing Civ III, then stopped playing till Civ V came around, started playing that just before G&K. Love R&F, looking forward to the next expansion.

TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Yeah, I can't wait to see what stuff they do, mostly because what they gave us for Civ 5 was things we should've had from the beginning, but with Civ 6, we had pretty much all that content bar few things.

So the slate is clean and RF added so much fun functionality!

Babri and acluewithout like this.
  8. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

You can be rest assured that as soon as the smallest leak of news comes through, this forum is going to explode.

9. Patine

Patine Warlord

I actually never played Civ4 beyond a brief promotional demo Firaxis put out, and NEVER touched Civ5 once. I had played Civ3 for a while, and it's first two expansions, and I also tried Activision's horrid homage, Civilization: Call to Power, but I was always much moreso hooked on Civ2 (especially Test of Time), which is a masterful classic of computer strategy game, and still play that to this day, and only popped out of my hole to have a look at Civ6. Also, as a SMAC fan, Beyond Earth looked so wretched in comparison, I never did pick that one up either.

Prester John 2 likes this.
  10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I played ALL of them (to serve as reference), and I can assure you, if you consider Civ 2 a masterful classic of computer strategy, then you are missing greatly on Four, and you will have no words to describe it.

Dirty cheap nowadays, and worth the money and time (yes, time, you will have to EARN your victories, no free ride there).

Gone are the days of Soren et al, sadly...

11. jddods

jddods Chieftain

Looking forward to the explosion

Greywulf and RohirrimElf like this.
  12. noontide

noontide Chieftain

I think compared with the later editions, Civ IV AI forces actually pose a threat at higher difficulties, i.e. the stack of doom. In Civ IV I can probably consistently win on Emperor level, but will lose eight out of ten times on Immortal. Never managed Deity. Mostly due to the early rush by AI. But with Civ V and VI I can legitimately play on Deity level, mainly due to AI's inability to wage a proper war. Of course none of these is fresh observation, just saying why I like Civ IV best. Also, the science farm/Pyramid mechanism is satisfying when you can pull it off. Some of the wonder in Civ IV actually feel monumental when you complete it, say, Pyramid, Great Library, Statute of Liberty, never had that feeling in V and VI.

AbsintheRed and ZubieMaster like this.
  13. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Chieftain

My guy at 2K says that Firaxis is hard at work on an expansion that will add three new, never-before-seen in the series features to Civ VI; but will not include any UI changes to explain to the user how they work. I'm very excited.

14. Veriaqa

Veriaqa Chieftain

Well I played Civ IV and like it. Then when Civ V is out, I played Civ V and like it too. Then when Civ VI is out, I play Civ VI and love it. The best one so far. Some of you might wonder why I love Civ VI. Well that because I'm not a sad Moderator Action: <SNIP> that tied into the past and actually like to try something new.

But Civ III still has special place in my heart, because it is the game that introduce me to Civ series.

Moderator Action: Please do not use inappropriate language. Snipped. Also, please do not troll. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
    Socrates99, SammyKhalifa and Haig like this.
  15. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Chieftain

I think the developers are going to try and hit slam dunk with the next expansion. They're taking their time, which is good, provided we get something excellent.

16. Civbra

Civbra Chieftain

Three new, never-before seen....Sounds good!!! I'm always in favor of new mechanics and things

17. TheMarshmallowBear

I'd just like to make sure...

you're being sarcastic aren't you?

Cedbird77 and craney1987 like this.
  18. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Chieftain

An expansion literally just came out. Another one would be too hastily made and says the game is already on its way out. What I'm curious about is if new DLC would have to stay compatible with Standard Rules only.

19. TheMarshmallowBear

It's been few months though. and is likely to come out at the same time as R&F. Announced possibly Oct-Dec and realsed Jan-March.

20. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

If there is no 3rd expansion, it is better that next one does get the time for development to balance out everything and let AI work properly. So somewhere between june - september 2019 would be better in that case.