1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next new civ after Kongo

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Siptah, Sep 3, 2016.

?

Which will be the next civ?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2016.
  1. Arabia

11.7%
  2. Rome

21.5%
  3. Sumer

8.5%
  4. Greece/Athens Pericles

3.6%
  5. Greece/Sparta Gorgo

3.6%
  6. Russia

31.9%
  7. Norway/Norse/Vikings

16.0%
  8. Poland

2.3%
  9. Other

1.0%
  1. Xen

Xen Magister

My guess is any civ other than Rome. Since Rime is the civ I want to see most.

I would further guess Russia or Arabia will be it, as they are the civs I want to see the least, and so far every weeks reveal has picked one of my bottom 3 every time. ;)

2. Xen

Xen Magister

I agree- I mostly blame civ5 for stepping backwards from civ4s multi leader innovation. I think alot of the players who came in with civ5 cant see it being any other way. But then, in the flash of glory the likes of which struck thebworldnof civ3 when civ4 came to us, the truth shall be revealed!

3. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

Multiple reasons probably...
    * Greece is the only civilization of the 19 in the game that has been hinted to have two leaders.
    * It is a remote as hell chance but they (Firaxis) could still go the route of Athens and Sparta being separate. Highly unlikely but until Firaxis says otherwise the possibility is there. With all the evidence though Greece will be one civilization with two leaders.
    * We have no idea if Firaxis will choose to show Greece once with both leaders present in the video or do multiple videos to give each leader a chance to shine.
    * If they are indeed both leaders for Greece then they will have widely separate personalities and abilities. Pericles is well known for turning the Delian League into an Athenian Empire and his promotion of culture whereas Gorgo was a Queen of Sparta and the Spartans were well known for their military.
    * We truly don't know the extent of how far the differences go if there are indeed multiple leaders so it is better to leave the poll as is.

4. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

the last two civs revealed were non-european... so i think the next civ will be a euro one.

considering that arabia and sumeria are both middle-eastern, i doubt they'll be revealed back-to-back either. It'll prolly go like this:

Russia => Arabia => Rome => Sumeria => Vikings => Greece.

5. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

Switch Norway and Rome around and you probably have the correct order.

6. JimmyBanks

JimmyBanks Warlord

We've had 3 religious civs in a row now. Spain, India and now Kongo. All have intereacted differently with Religion but it will be interesting if they stay on that theme or move away from it. I went Norway forgetting about the Stave Church. We will see.

I tend to agree that Rome and Greece will be the last 2 civs.

7. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

This for me too.

8. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

I didn't vote in the last thread because I was waiting for next week to start before claiming there wouldn't be no new announcements. Turns out, despite the name clearly stating it was for the week of 3rd September, it included this Saturday. :rolleyes:
    Oh well, I prefer this method of doing the pools - the civ after X. Great idea! :goodjob:

In any case, my vote will be as usual: Sumer. :D For no reason other than I want to see them. So I shall continue voting for them until they get announced.

9. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I didn't do it that way, I put Greece/Pericles and Greece/Gorgo there, since I'm not sure i we'll see only one first look for both. Mods changed it to Athens/Sparta. Same with Norway. I just put Norway in the poll and not Norway/Norse/Vikings. And concerning this point I am relatively sure it'll be Norway in the end.

10. criZp

criZp Emperor

I'm most curious about norway.

11. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

I'm voting Sumer. Nobody expected Kongo last time around, and so I went for what appeared to be the least likely of the remaining civs.

Second choice: Russia.

12. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I'm surprised Russia has gone ahead this time around instead of Rome.

I picked Russia anyway. Gut feeling.

13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Would be really funny if it is a Rome FL on Wednesday when so many people that used to vote for Rome have given up doing it just now.

14. Xen

Xen Magister

Thats the ONLY reason why they woukd do a Rome first look this week ;)

15. Lord of War N02

Lord of War N02 Grand Master of the East

I hope for Russia this time

16. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Ugh, I hope not. Including Georgia, of all civilizations- that's such a waste of a civ slot. I'd rather we see someone meaningful- any of a number of native American or Australian (Aboriginal) peoples (at least 4, preferably up to six over two expansions, I would hope, for these three continents), Mongolia, Persia, the Ottomans, Byzantium, Babylon, Mali (or similar), Khmer (or similar), Indonesia (or similar), Korea, Portugal, Austria, Goths (or similar group involved in the collapse of Rome), Celts (possibly pan-Europe, rather than British Isles alone), Carthage, southern African civ (probably Zulu, though I expect there is a more qualified candidate I can't recall at the moment), Ethiopia, Poland, the Netherlands, the Hittites, etc.

17. MarauderCH

MarauderCH Warlord

Norway/Vikings!!!

18. Haig

Haig Deity

They haven't shown any middle eastern civs, so I picked Sumeria.

19. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

I really want to see Sumeria (the most I think) but I feel like they're going to make me wait more.

20. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

So I went back and re-watched the Scythia first look video... I don't think Norway is going to be an overtly religious civilization but it will get a bonus to faith production similar to Scythia's Kurgan improvement. Instead it will be more militaristic / raiding / plundering to bring the civilization in line with how the Vikings were historically. It would also make sense since a lot of the civilizations are either counterparts to each other (ex. Aztecs and Brazil with their Tlatchi and Street Carnival improvements for Amenities and certain Great People) or mirrors to each other (ex. India and Kongo getting the beliefs (either founder or follower) of religions spread to their cities).

I voted for Arabia as it seems that Firaxis wants to get the religious civilizations revealed and out of the way but I'm personally hoping for Norway next as I'm most curious about them and how their civilization will play out. The other reason for voting for Arabia is that we have yet to see a Middle Eastern civilization outside of Egypt which is technically part of North Africa.