1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Next patch speculation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by mmenphis, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mmenphis

mmenphis Chieftain

There is high activity of updates in SteamDB.info in last days.. So I think, we can begin the next speculation thread :)
    My guess is last week of May or first week in June.

Hawke9 likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's sort of an interesting conundrum. Are they doing a high frequency of updates because the patch is due shortly or because they are trying to get a good build to send to Aspyr?

Last time they stopped 2kqa builds two weeks before the patch dropped and only did Aspyr qa updates for the last two weeks. But the Mac and Linux patches still didn't drop until a week or two after the PC patch.

The PC patch ended up being 1 month and 1 week after the initial 2kqa update. I think they were originally aiming to get all 3 platforms updated at the 1 month mark, but they had issues with Mac and Linux, and eventually decided to put out the PC patch by itself a week later and finish off the other two afterwards.

Maybe this time they aren't going to try to patch all three platforms so close together?

So I see this as sort of a binary possibility. If they are trying to do all three platforms together again, then the end of May is more likely. But if they are just focusing on getting the PC patch out first, then it could be as early as next Thursday because the first 2kqa update of this cycle will be a month old as of next Friday.

3. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Rock Band changes.
    National Park buffs.
    World Congress overhaul, including making it scale better with difficulty.
    Diplomatic Victory overhaul.
    Tech tree which makes sense.
    Better production cost scaling for buildings, districts and units.
    Civ balance adjustments (England, France, Canada, Egypt buffs; maybe top civ nerfs; etc).
    Making Unique Civ Improvements actually compete with City-State ones.
    Unit balance changes, especially to resources and anti-air.
    More Oil and Uranium.
    The ability to sort cities by production/science/culture etc.
    Balancing Pantheons so all are useful at some point.
    Making the AI build walls again.
    Making barbs swarm again.
    Hurricanes adding yields.
    Carbon penalties start scling later, so the first person to build an Ironclad does not immediately get Diplomatic Favour penalties.

This should be good for a starting point.

mmenphis likes this.
  4. pokiehl

pokiehl Prince

Hopefully the city state clumping gets fixed!

Thibaulthc and Hawke9 like this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

And there's the first Aspyr qa update of the cycle. So I guess we are looking closer to the end of the month.

MooFreaky likes this.
  6. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

As this point in game balance, my main hope for dev efforts is not futher patching, but rather, bring R&F and GS to Switch.

Assuming I have to choose, of course... which may not be the case. I'm not sure if the main dev team is in charge of porting

7. Eagle Pursuit

Porting to other platforms is Aspyr's forte. The Firaxis devs have little to do with it. They are free to work on future content.

I think I recall seeing that Aspyr is working to bring the expansions to Apple mobile platforms next.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  8. MrRadar

MrRadar King

I don't believe those things are mutually exclusive and I would certainly hope for both of them. But what I want even more is that they discover a dev - the Chosen One, who would bring balance to the game.

oakdragon likes this.
  9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

In this thread, people who complain about "balance" in the game yet hail Alpha Centauri

Looking forward to a patch though, surprised people think it's going to come so soon.

RohirrimElf and MooFreaky like this.
  10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

there is a fair amount still broken about the game

11. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yah, but it feels like the last one just came out (maybe because I'm busy and haven't gotten to play much).

12. Eagle Pursuit

That was over a month ago now.

13. Leucarum

Leucarum Prince

They've been saying they want to improve the diplomacy system and it really needs some improvement so I'm hopeful... Changes to powered buildings also seem likely IMO.

And if that's true then I doubt we'll see many balance changes to civs. The weakest leaders have abilities which tie into those mechanics. So I expect firaxis will not try and balance both simultaneously...

14. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

What we hope for:
    What we get:
    - Fix barbarian spawn bug.
    - Introduce two new bugs.
    - England buff: Gets a 1 % discount on building Military Engineers.

15. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

They just had the livestream last week on worldbuilder, so obviously that will be a large component to the new release as they mentioned a more updated feel to it. I wonder if they'll include a new scenario or map pack?

Otherwise, not sure what the focus to the patch will be on. Still feels like they could easily have a patch dedicated to balance, but it still depends a lot on their overall schedule, if they still have any major features or overhauls to sneak into GS.

16. Eagle Pursuit

My primary wish is to bring the CV in line with the Diplo and Science victories, in terms of duration. It's currently too quick, on average.

17. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Prince

England's Sea Dogs will be patched to start with leaks that cause -10 hp/turn.

18. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Patch Notes:
    Increased the speed at which coastal tiles go under water.
    Coastal Civ Traits now receive an automatic -50% diplomatic penalty ("Stupid Choice Penalty")
    Harbors no longer give a trade route to better simulate the fact that no coastal civilization has ever risen to prominence
    Added +2 :food: +2 :hammers: to desert tiles to simulate rise of inland civilizations

19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Workshop of the world will have a 3 tile aura effect and Victoria will gain a free spearman each time she builds an IZ on geothermal vents.

MooFreaky, Duuk, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  20. Icicle

Icicle Prince

I'd like to see infantry units always able to be built and not cost oil. Seems like the AI just can't even put out a late game army and at least this would give them a carpet with machine gunners.

Coastal barriers should be unlocked way before computers. Hell they should be unlocked with masonry really but at the very least a few techs earlier.

The tech tree also needs serious adjustment. I got halfway to Mars without figuring out how electricity works.