Next Playthrough Now? Or After V37?

So I am done with my Let's Play with Mansa Musa. And I was wondering should I play my next game - also on diety/hardcore - now with the latest Crime patch, or should I wait until V37 comes out?

The only reason I stopped my LP as Mansa was because the turn timers were getting out of hand

I expect V37 to be ready sometime in early January, but it might be delayed until mid February. I might be wrong as well, but at least you got something to make an informed decision with.

So I am done with my Let's Play with Mansa Musa. And I was wondering should I play my next game - also on diety/hardcore - now with the latest Crime patch, or should I wait until V37 comes out?

The only reason I stopped my LP as Mansa was because the turn timers were getting out of hand

The Goal is v37 for Christmas. And I don't personally see why not. But T-brd and DH may have different ideas even though T-brd set the Christmas date. But with SO's RL problems getting v37 put up on ModDB or even here on CivFanatics could be extra hurdles to jump for those that do not use the SVN.

SVN users, of course, should have no problem getting it.

I can still put it up on my Dropbox acct and post the link in a New Thread dedicated for v37 and future patches to it.

JosEPh

I'm definitely looking for release here soon.. before x-mas if possible. I want the public to be able to PLAY v37 during their break times!

Therefore, the weekend of the 17th through the 18th would be perfect for me so if it's time for us to consider ourselves in a freeze, I just ask that the last few things I'd like to achieve can still be done in that freeze period. I'm down to 3 tasks basically, 1 of which would be easily completed this weekend I assume and the other two are just some additional simple XML that won't need vast amounts of testing.

But where does everyone else stand on this?

Is savegame breaking period going to be over when V37 is released?
There are a couple of things we'd like to have done with savegame breakage but they are so time consuming and currently unnecessary and we've delayed release for so long now as it is that for now, I'm willing to shelve those projects as they may never be anything more than a waste of time just getting a little more organized. Some aren't even technically save breaking. If we start running out of data, we'll have to address it dramatically and it will at that time be necessary (and will FEEL necessary enough to motivate the project to get done!)

AKA, I cannot promise it will never happen again but I can't say when it would. No immediate expectations that we'll soon be breaking saves again. We're out of the woods finally with the stuff that really demanded it.

I would not mind a Public release of V37 whenever it is ready. I was just wanting to know if there was a point in me starting a new LP now or just waiting. It seems waiting is the best thing ^^ which am happy to do

*whispers* Gief private releases for youtubes :p haha Only kidin :p

Just take your time guys am sure when it is released we will all be super duper uper happy ^^

P.S I am playing a game with the most recent "crime" update and I am playing on diety Nightmare mode and still rofling all over the AI tech rate by turn 400. Then again I could always turn off tech deffusion

Last edited:
Then again I could always turn off tech deffusion
If I'm looking for a real challenge I usually do exactly that on a hard setting where they are likely to get out ahead and thus then more likely to stay ahead. I use TD when I expect the AI to lag.

Ok thanks I think I will actually just turn TD off from now on cause this is kind of becoming a joke. I am now almost at turn 1000 and am about 7 techs ahead :( and I dont have Mansa Musa

I would not mind a Public release of V37 whenever it is ready. I was just wanting to know if there was a point in me starting a new LP now or just waiting. It seems waiting is the best thing ^^ which am happy to do

*whispers* Gief private releases for youtubes :p haha Only kidin :p

Just take your time guys am sure when it is released we will all be super duper uper happy ^^

P.S I am playing a game with the most recent "crime" update and I am playing on diety Nightmare mode and still rofling all over the AI tech rate by turn 400. Then again I could always turn off tech deffusion

Deity Nightmare may not be as hard now as regular Deity. I don't believe Nightmare has been updated to match my recent changes to Handicaps and Game Speeds. I don't use Tech Diff. being On unless I'm playing a lower Handicap level and want the AI to somewhat keep up with me. If I'm playing Emperor, Immortal, or deity I definitely leave it TD Off. I also do Not use Rev either and my AI opponents have better Empires than with it On.

JosEPh

Ok I am gonna change that now ^^. Also I gotta ask has anarchy been taken out as well as butchering within my borders?

Anarchy is still in and is still a project under review/changes. Butchering on subduing an animal is now done at time of subdue. Taking the animal back to your city gives different "perks" now. And is still needed for specific bldgs in the Myth and Hunter lines. Much different than v36 Subdued animals now.

JosEPh

Deity Nightmare may not be as hard now as regular Deity. I don't believe Nightmare has been updated to match my recent changes to Handicaps and Game Speeds. I don't use Tech Diff. being On unless I'm playing a lower Handicap level and want the AI to somewhat keep up with me. If I'm playing Emperor, Immortal, or deity I definitely leave it TD Off. I also do Not use Rev either and my AI opponents have better Empires than with it On.

JosEPh
I assume you and/or SO are going to be updating Nightmare appropriately soon then?

I'll look it over this week and see where it stands.

JosEPh

lol btw I have changed the TD to off and my god everything is hella slow :p. Also I must say Korea has probably got the worst leader possible Protective/deciever/tempermental

Ok now that I have TD off and played quite a fair number of playthroughs of the newest crime patch. I have noticed a few things that seem buggy? I am also playing of Diety mode

1 AI tends to get all of the prehistoric Wonders, like the Klasies River Caves wonder, and then runs away with the early game. As in they get to Sedent Lifestyle by the time everyone else is getting Domestication techs. Is this how it is meant to work out? Or are all AI meant to roughly be equal. Score wise the single AI that built all these wonder gets to 150+ when everyone else is at 60ish.

Another thing I have noticed is Master Hunters are no longer needed to build trackers? That seems a bit weird and makes the game a little easier, so to speak.

Lastly Great Generals are not providing any exp.

Top Bottom