Next Superpower???

Which country do you think will be the next superpower?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Economically, the EU is already mightier than the US by a fair degree, and is better insulated against shocks.

This is not technically a true statement. The EU is composed of 27 countries all with differing economic policies, regulations, etc. While technically their GDP is larger than the US when combined, their economy is nowhere near as fully integrated EU-wide as it could be or compared to the integration in the 50 states that compose the US.

Further, the EU is just as vulnerable to shocks in the economy as every other industrialized country. Several of the EU member states have immigration issues, several are undergoing a housing price decline, and others, like France, just have problems

This makes no sense. by definition america cannot be the next superpower because it already is now

Something I hope the OP dosent mind me adding on:

If China does overtake the US, how will it affect the rest of the world?

Something I hope the OP dosent mind me adding on:

If China does overtake the US, how will it affect the rest of the world?

Well, the world would be no longer called the world, but shijie (世界)

I've heard Belgium is looking to invade the United States.

Norway damnit.

Well that was random.

Anyway I don't think that the future will truly have a concept of superpower; the world will become so integrated that it such a definition will not be applicable.

I doubt he'll be the next one (though he could come tomorrow so I guess it is possible), but the Anti-Christ will be the ultimate hyper power on the earth until he is cast down.

None? Believe it or not, the world can be multipolar.

I voted India but I think DNK hit it on the nose. a multi polar world is both likely and desirable. regional mini-powers and alternative energy should be the goal.

Why, the Coruscanti Empire under Bounty Hunter Captain CivGeneral, of course!

My current BtS game clearly indicates a Greek revival led by yours truly Photi son of Pericles and my two vassals, Hatty the Bloom of the Desert and Catherine Mother of all Leopards. I must be super, they volunteered to be my protectorates!

in twenty years? even with a huge stock market crash, a couple meteors here and there, and some other crap, i still would think that the US would maintain its lead. however, id say India would be catching up fast, and China even faster. much faster. much much much more faster.

Here i am hopping for a much more integrated , unified and powerful EU.

Yes, they have plan to start the invasion next Monday in the morning.
However, they don't know yet what they'll do the afternoon.

Tea and crumpets, perhaps?

Well my Arabian empire is at 1400 AD and has an 800 point lead on the closest civilization. I'd say we're going to be the next superpower, if we're not already.

Top Bottom