Next Superpower???

Which country do you think will be the next superpower?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't we choose more than one? I think China, Russia, and possibly India could all be superpowers in the early part of the 21st century.

I agree.

However India has more starving people then some parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. It is an up and comer though.

China's economy has grown 8% in the last year. Simply astonishing they will be a super power soon if they aren't already.

Russia has vast oil reserves and might see a rebirth in its super-power status.

I didn't vote because I think a multipolar world will exist. While I can see the EU being marginally the most wealthy power, it won't be as militarily powerful as the US, China, maybe Russia.

Europe/ Russia are post-superpowers (yet rebounding), America is a current superpower that will inevitably fall (never!), leaving India and China, and China is much better positioned to make the big leap from power to superpower (India has serious infrastructure and political problems, and will need at least several decades to to make it that far.)

United States; Will diminish in power over the coming decades.
European Union; Will face numerous domestic issues and budget constraints.
China; Will face numerous domestic issues and resources shortfalls.
India; A question mark. Has access to some resources, but domestic issues loom.
Russia; Very likely has access to vast wealth of resources and already has the nuclear stockpile.

I've heard Belgium is looking to invade the United States.

If they did, they would have to declare war on themselves. Yay, Article 5.

I voted European Union, because of two things, USA is declining, and i don't see China or India becoming superpowers for quite a bit of time. (i say they'll start to appear as superpowers around my 50's - 60's) Russia doesn't have a chance either.

There should be an "other" option too. Mainly because we have no clue how a south/latin american union or south east asian union will work yet, and they can be superpowers for the time between the decline of the EU and the Rise of China and India.

It's gonna be a total surprise, just like the US's rise was!

China and India are definite possibilities though.

It's gonna be a total surprise, just like the US's rise was!

China and India are definite possibilities though.

US's rise was not a surprise.

In the 20s, the US probably will still be dominant, unless some kind of disaster completely destroys American power projection or China makes extremely rapid universal growth, on everything from economic power to international influence.

When the 50s down upon the world, though, then then everything might be different.

US flawless victory.

I voted for Russia, but it will be China.

Top Bottom