Next turn - 1700 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
This is the plan I followed during the first turns:
The main plan here is to make sure that we at the end of next turn have reached Athens and Knossos with our ships and unloaded the units (AT+Cav+Can next to Athens) and destroyer and a galleon with defensive and offensive have reached knossos, and that we have started attacking/captured Ulundi with cavalry and Zimbabwe with destroyer. We shall also have started a revolution before attacking the Zulus. Some of the cities in Coresux should produce military units for Hell. Some cities should be producing caravans for wonders, i.e. DW and WS, and stockpiling. The rest of the cities should be prepared for the next round of celebrations.

1670 AD:
To get DW, the bank in Neu is switched to DW. We'll probably buy it next turn.

We have three galleons to plan (both contents, destination and time of departure) and one destroyer (quite obvious though) near Hell:

Galleon from Nae (AT, 2 cav, 1 can) heads towards Athens this turn.

Galleon near VM should have at least one dip (for archer), and the three other units will be an AT (RBed in VM) and 2 cavalries (one in Nae and one between Nae and FW). This should leave next turn (to get the second cavalry, we'll need to reassign some engineers to quick-build a railroad from FW to one square beyond Nae next turn), and move around the peninsula of Argos so that we can bribe the archer once Athens has fallen and protect Athens from eastern attacks.

Galleon outside Igl should have at least one defensive unit so that it can defend Knossos once it's taken. I therefore switch the cannon in FW to AT and RB it. I also send along the (non-vet) cannon in EF for offensive defense.

Destroyer from Igl is sent to Knossos next turn.

1680 AD:
Greeks and Chinese exchange University and Medicine.
Greek knight capture barb leader.:(
Indians overthrow to: Republic

Sup builds temple. (Cavalry)
Celebrations in Igl, builds destroyer. (as it is not on the list of military cities, it starts a library)
LC and RF build banks. (Supermarkets)

Destroyer and galleon reach Zimbabwe.
Destroyer North of Hell discovers Troy.
Destroyer reach Knossos.
Galleon near VM (1 cav, 1 AT and 1 dip) rounds Argos peninsula.

I decided not to quick-railroad and instead send that cavlalry with the ship near Igl to Knossos.

The caravan near Nae from Dou isn't demanded anywhere near, and no ships are available. It shall return to Neu for stockpiling, unless we can make better use of it later on.

Revolt...

VM needs two elvii, rest are fine with 60% lux.

The fortress near Athens is defended by an archer. I decide to land on the hills anyway. They want to talk, we decline. Galleon returns to Nae.
Zim Destroyer (4 moves left) attacks Zimbabwe twice, one pikeman and one legion is destroyed. Less than half of the hitpoints are left.

DW is RBed in Neu for 1564g, 1400g left.

1690 AD:
Zulus develop chivalry.
The greeks overthrow to: Republic
One legion and one archer attacks the AT, a maximum of two HP on the AT is lost.
Indians nearly complete ET.

There is a man in Neumatic called Charles Darwin who puts forward a new theory about the origin of our species, not including the creation of humans by a divine being. Some are inspired by this new pioneering theory and develop another theory about the inner structure of matter, which they call the Atomic Theory. Others refuse to believe in these new theories and to make sure that they are made forbidden, they stage a coup d'etat and turn the empire of NUF into a Fundamentalism. Our new fanatic lords are determined to forbid these heretic ideas and starts a war campaign against two of our free neighbours to prevent them from spreading.

Bank in Neu.

We make 1404g/turn - 122g/turn, science totally shut off. (t8,s0,l2)

Operation "Indoctrinate Africa":

Destroyer attacks Zim, last pike destroyed. (Hardly any HPs left, needs to heal...)

Galleon in Sug, transports units to Ulundi. Two cavalries used to destroy the archers. AT moves in to capture and defend Ulundi. (Lighthouse captured, starts RM)

Engineer captures Zimbabwe. (212g, no new capital) Galleon and destroyer move in. We get to keep Colosseum, Barracks and Walls. Starts producing RM.

Engineer moves out of Zim to build RR, meets two settlers. We decline a talk. The two engineers finish a railroad out of Zim.
The dip bribes one of the two settlers for 384g, (Both to use it for RRs and to get a straighter way to Bap from Zim). It's a NONE.:goodjob:

Cavalry from Zim attacks Bap. Cavalry from Galleon outside Bap attacks the last unit in Bap. One engineer outside Sug is loaded on to a galleon, unloaded near Bap and used to capture Bap. (58g, barracks, starts RM)

They want to talk, we decline. Settler starts RRing. Dip scouts the fortress, finds nothing, and moves back again.

End of Operation "Indoctrinate Africa" for this turn.

RR complete between Dou and LC, next targets is RF and Neu.

To prove that the new theories are wrong, the leaders decide to found a new Religious Research Center in Jayneland. They call it Trinity. (They decide to educate a few of their fanatics supporters to defend the town). At the same time it is decided to the same in the newly converted cities of Zim, Bap and Ulu.

Operation "To Hell with Hell":

Units outside Athens attacks it. All win(2 pikes, 1 legion), but there are still units left. Instead of attacking Corinth, the destroyer heads down for Athens, and takes out both a legion and a caravel. AT is ready to capture SunTzu's.

Galleon (1 AT, 1 cannon and 2 cavs, all vet) from Igl leaves for Knossos. Destroyer starts pounding Knossos. All three defense-units give in to our destroyer. AT moves in to Capture and defend Knossos (189g, Walls). Decline talks.

Cannon attacks settler outside. Cav attacks other settler. Fortify AT. Destroyer heads towards Delphi.

AT captures Athens and fortifies. (168g, barracks, walls ,STWA, government escapes to Corinth)

Dip bribes Archer in fortress east of Athens. Decline Talks. At and cav moves after into the forest. Before we attack Argos, we probably should eliminate their gov.

End of Operation "To Hell with Hell" for this turn.

Bribe barb archer (61g) near BF. Heads for Berlin.

T: 1534g.

RBs:
Cavalry in Nae to 50s. (94g)
Cavlry in VM to 30s. (73g)
Cavlry in Ipec to 50s. (106g)
Cavalry in EF to 40s. (47g)
Supermarket in RF to 60s. (96g)
Supermarket in LC to 60s. (98g)
Cavalry in Dou to 30s. (15g)
Bank in LP to 100s. (176g)

Next turn the targets will be Corinth (obviously) and also Delphi (on the way to Corinth from Knossos).

1700 AD:
Zulus move in a knight in front of Ulu.
French and greek exchange the Wheel, eco, sani and Astro.
Calm in Hell.
Indians completes Tour Eiffel.

Order restored in all our cities.
Dou celebrates.:goodjob:

RR Dou-LC-RF-PB complete.
RR FW-Nae complete.

Operation "Indoctrinate Africa":

Hurt cavalry kills Ulu knight.
AT in ulu moves to the mountain 2SW of Hlo.
Hurt cav NW of Bap moves into fortress west of Hlo. So does cav outside Ulu.
Settler finish RR.
The two engineers could either build a railroad to the first fort, or they could build a fort ar AT and cav on mountain. I decide to RR.
Charge eng defending Bap.
Sug RB an AT. (119g)
End of op for this turn.

Operation "To Hell with Hell":

Destroyer outside Athens attacks Corinth. Kills 1 pike, 1 legion.
2 cavs and 1 can outs. Ath move into Ath.
Destroyer outs. Delphi attacks. Kills only pike.
Cannon in Kno attacks legion in forest fortress with 2/3 of strength. Wins...
Cav takes settler in same square.
Cav captures Delphi. Destroyer moves in, but continues into big lake inside Hell. Decline talks.

AT in Ath and cav and dip in fort outs. moves into fort near Cor.

A galleon with three vet reinforcement cavs leave from Nae. Heads for Argos and Sparta.

End of Operation "To Hell with Hell" for this turn.

RBs:
AT in FW to 40s. (78g)
Fan in Trinity. (52g)
Van in BS to 40s. (66g)

I have to end playing now because of Thunders in the area.:(

Things to consider:

Instead of pulling east in Hell, as we talked about, I've pulled west and captured more of the center. The reason of this is the move of their capital and their bad road network.

How to continue in Hell. We can keep east calm with our forted AT. I'd probably get Cor first, then Argos and Sparta. The rest of their cities seem to pretty isolated.
Maybe Igl should build another Destroyer instead of library. It'd be good ot have one in Argos and Sparta.

In Africa, how shall we proceed. The obvious choice is to first get Hlo, then continue north (probably with a ship). Shall we bribe their settler first? What about defense? If we wait until next turn we can get those fanatics pretty cheap.

Build qeues in core. Shall we skip improvements in some cities and just let them build vans, or shall we spread out van-building between improvements.

As for Africa, I'd hold off and flood the rest of the Zulu cities with "terrorists." We can just disband them after we eventually return to Democracy.

As for Hell, it does make more sense to head west, since it's not as dense as it could have been...we need to steal that archer's fortress near Corinth to make a front line of defense to keep the east down until we head that way. Let's also definitely get another ship in the water around Hell to soften those cities up.

And like I said in another thread, I imagine we'll have troubles with the French once we expand into the north of Hell...

Great progress in Greece, I was expecting things to be slower there.

Interestingly, we are making roughly the same amount of $$ in fundy as in demo, contrary to what I expected. This means that if we want to we can continue building the MODALTSIR infrastructure in Coresux in fundy and not switch to demo again until we are ready to celebrate. This would enable us to finish off western Hell plus Sparta (the terrain and road network in eastern Hell is so bad that we may not have time to capture everything there). We already have enough attacking units in Hell to quickly capture its entire western half.

There are some Greek units we could bribe to get NONE units: First and foremost the settler near Argos and then also the pikeman near Ephesos and maybe more.

Finishing off the Zulus is very easy by quickly building a port facility in Zimbabwe and then sending the destroyer plus cavalry to Intombe and then sending the cavalry to Isandhlwana once Intombe is ours.

It's perhaps an appropriate time now to start discussing how we want to finish this game, with a spaceship or by conquering the world ASAP or something different.

I will post some domestic polls tomorrow and then I will be away for a week on a vacation.

The dip's near Corinth main mission is to bribe that archer. Although, we probably should try to capture the city with the units from Athens first. If it's not enough, we could pay the price for the archer and move in the cavalry from west.

In Zim, a port fac. seems good, after the fanatic.

Shall I found a (or two) new city in Jayneland?

I think we should finish of the Greeks entirely, not just the west, before we switch and back and celebrate and such. The west first, obviously, but not only the west. At any rate, since we are diplomatically in a state of war with the French, I think we should take their city of Besancon in the northernmost area of Hell, and if they approach us, sign a cease fire and nothing more. That will give us 16 (?) turns to regroup should they decide to come after us then, and if they break the cease fire, our reputation will be just fine. Obviously, we'll only fire at them if they fire first.

Africa is essentially ours. Nothing to really add for that, except my staff will be making a visit to Zimbabwe in the coming weeks to view rebuilding progress...;)

The French seem to be on par with the Greeks. No gunpowder, and about 10 cities. (Actually 9.) I think we can dust them no problem after we get a chance to regroup after the cease fire. That is, of course, if we choose to bring the war to them.

It is at this point that we should consider making alliances. If we were to take this track, we *should* eliminate the French. This track would then lead to landing on AC. The other option is to take only Besancon, sign a peace treaty, and fend everyone else off en route to AC. A third option is rushing to armor and making an attempt at conquest. The Dept. of Defense advises against the third option, considering we're already leaps and bounds ahead of the other civs in research. Personally, I would go for the first option, barring domestic concerns and funding issues. If we were to eliminate our only standing enemy (assuming we're talking in post-Zulu and post-Greek terms), and considering the other three civs are enthusiastic about us as it is, we should attempt to create peace, leave the game with the 4 civs, and get off this rock ASAP.

Input, please!

I'm for conquest. We have started good, and we wouldn't have any problem conquering the others. Still, sending a space ship is nice as well.

I prefer conquering the world, even if we build a spaceship (if we do we should leave just one AI city). Combining this with domestic development to get an overwhelming economical and technological advantage could be fun (using howitzers and stealth fighters against phalanxes is fun :devil2: )

*WELL* then...if the other departments are for it...and are willing to spare the cash and effort...the French will be the first targets of explosive ammo. :tank: Besancon looks like a hell of a staging area for transports to pick up armor and howitzers and such, as well as a forward air base for our fighters and bombers...hmm...now look what you did, you guys got me all excited! I'll take a look at logistics of a modern war, starting with the French, as we parade through Hell.

Yeah, try to finish off, or come close to finishing off, the Zulus tomorrow.

Yesterday I had driving lessons, and today I have to clean our house (4 floors...) and then we're going swimming because the weather is at its best right now. Excuses, I know, but I will play tomorrow, sorry.

EDIT: I start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom