funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
1700 AD:
Igl switch to Destroyer.
Rehome some units in Hell and Africa.
Ipec, Nae and EF switch to Banks.
RB to 30 in BF, set prod to 10.

1710 AD:
Zulu knight attacks AT on mountain. Not many HP lost, becomes vet.
Engineer in BF.
BS builds Dye van. (Bank)
LC builds SM. (CH)
LP builds bank. (SM)
RF builds SM. (SE)
FW finishes AT. (bank)
Dou switch from cav to Caravans.

Cavalry attacks Hlo, wins. Hurt cav moves in. 136g, Barracks.
AT moves in to defend Hlo. The rest are headed back to Zim. In zim we RB a PF for 154g. In Ulu and Bap we RB Fanatics.

Bribe a greek knight outside Berlin, 118g. Stationed on mountain.

Expel Aztec dip outside Sup.

Galleon in Sug, takes AT and dip and is to pick up engineer for city-founding.

Destroyer attacks Corinth, last unit (caravel) destroyed. Destroyer attacks Ephesos, legion destroyed.
AT moves into Cor. Greeks wants an audience.
Dip moves north and bribe legion in mountain fortress. Cav moves in there too.
Galleon from Igl moves to Ephesos and unload (non-vet) cav and it attacks. Cav kills archer and becomes vet. AT moves into Ephesos. 20g, granary.
Vet cav stationed in Delphi moves up to Troy and kills a settler in the way.
Unload and attack Sparta. Kills only defender, another moves in to capture. 28g, barracks and walls. The third cav attacks Argos, but has more than 2 defenders.

RBs:
Destroyer in Igl.
To 100s in Neu for 160g. 2 turns left for bank.
To 40s in PB. 2 turns left on caravan.
To 100s in EF. Bank next turn.
To 100s in Neu for ~180g. 2 turns left for bank.
To 100s in Ipec for ~180g. 3 turns left for bank.
To 40s in Tro. 4 turns left on harbor.
To 50s in Sup. 2 turns to cav.
Harbor in Nemo.

1710 AD:
French archer requests audience. We turn down.
Aztecs develop invention. Chinese magnetism.
Greeks and chinese exchange eco and magn, and writing and the wheel.

Nemo builds harbor. (Settler)
Order restored in captured cities...
EF builds bank. (SE)
Celebrations in LC.:)
Zim builds PF. (Fan)
Igl builds destroyer. (lib)

Pop: 27 million.

Cavalry attacks and empties Argos. Cav on ship moves in to capture.
Cav attacks and empties Troy.
Legion attacks and kills French Archer and knight. Cav empties Herakleia, the other cav destroys it and attacks French Archer (becomes vet).
AT in Ephesos moves out to take fortress. Destroyer and cav rests here for a while.
Athens builds fan. (PF)
Igl destroyer and galleon (with cav) heads for Thessalonica. Destroyer kills pike.
Galleon outside Sparta scouts the coast.

Knight in Barbaria kills Greek knight.

Railroad between BP and Sup completed.
Electrical builds AT, starts engineer.

Zulus demand audience, no.
Bap and Ulu builds fans. (Engineers)

RBs:
Fan in Delphi.
To 100s in FW. 2 turns to bank.
To 20s on caravan in VM and in Dou. 2 turns left.
To 60s in LC. 2 turns to CH.
SE in RF. 300g.
To 60s in LP. 2 turns to SM.
To 100s in BS. 2 turns to bank.

1730 AD:
Legion comes out from Besancon.
Aztecs and Greeks exchange Mag and inv.
FJ builds engineer. (bank)
PB builds food van. (Bank)
Nae builds bank. (CH)
Neu builds bank. (CH)
RF builds SE. (Caravan) ...Queue completed

Morpheus founded on JC3. Indian clad in lake.

Destroyer kills last Archer in Thess. Galleon picks up cav in BP and Sup. Cav in Galleon captures Thess. 20g and Gran.
Destroyer kills pike in Rhodes. Legion kills French legion. Dip scouts for more cities, but there don't seem to be any.
One cav moves to Rho, the other rests in fort for Besancon. Cav outside Troy destroys it, moves into fort.
Cav kills catapult on mountain outside Pharsalos. AT

Destroyer kills two units in Intombe. Galleon with 3 cav and 1 dip moves there. Cav captures the city. (300g and harbor)
Bribe Aztec catapult outside intombe for 164g.

RBs:
To 30s in Sparta. 1 turn to Engineer.
PF in Athens and Ephesos.
To 20s in Tri.
To 20s in Cor. 1 turn to dip.
To 50s in Kno. 1 turn to cav.
To 100s in EF. 3 turns left to SE.
RB bank in BP.
RB fan in Zim.
To 30s in Ulu. 2 turns to engineer.
To 30s in Bap. 2 turns to engineer.

1730 AD:
Zulus want audience, no. They land a caravan in Electrical (Gold-Beads).
Zulu dip tries to attack Intombe. Our dip foiled it.
French and Greeks exchange Invention and Theology.

Barbs land near Igl. First dragoon kills our defence. Second wants to capture it. We pay 3700g. They are gone.:mad:

BP builds bank. (CH)
BS builds bank. (CH)
Pop-decrease in Igl.
VM builds food van. (CH)
FW builds bank. (CH)
Cor builds dip. (engineer)
Dou food van.
Sparta builds engineer. (Fan)
LC builds CH. (SE)
Ipec builds bank. (lib)
LP builds sM. (SE)
Athens builds PF. (cav)

VM switch to AT, to improve defense in area. Igl switch to fan, and RB it.

Destroyer attacks Rho, empties it. Cav captures it. 22g, granary. It kills french settler. Another cav kills French settler + one other unit.

Found Zion north of BF.
Found Neo east of BF

Bribe French settler. 252g. Found Neo on the spot. (An impulse)

RBs where needed.

1750 AD:
Greeks want an audience, no.
Tro builds harbor. (MP)
BF builds engineer.
PB builds Bank. (CH)
Bap and Ulu builds eng. (MP)
RF builds food van.

One cav kills Isandhlwana pike. Captures it.

The Zulus' last stronghold has finally fallen and the mighty empire of CFC have spread all over the their lands. The people of Africa though are not let down, the reconstruction has already begun and most of their cities have been connected with rails and locals are educated in the art of engineering. There are even plans on digging a deep channel north east of Hlobane to allow ships to pass through. Although their lands are protected by armies far greater than they have ever seen before and a huge mountain chain to the east, many know that the peace and cooperation with the Aztecs will not last forever and that the long term objective must be to enslave them. How long before that happens is up to the lords in Regia Fanatica though and not for the African inhabitants to decide.

Two cavs empty Pharsalos. Destroyer empties Eretria. Cav captures Pharsalos. 19g, barracks, walls.

Kills pike in Besancon. Destroys it. We should probably think of replacing the city.

The lords in the capital notice that people aren't very happy and they talk about the good ol' days of democracy. Although people are content with the progress in the wars they feel bad about going abroad to kill, burn and destroy free and innocent people. Despite the massive construction of railroads and farmland and new improvements to the cities. The lords realize they will have to do something drastic unless they want the people to turn against them. Luckliy the war in Africa is over, and there are only two strongholds left in hell. People have also noticed that a century ago there frequently came new technolgies that made everyday life simpler, but that there lately has not been one such technological progress.

1742 AD:
Send away French emissary.
French and Aztec sign a pact to contain our aggression. French get magnetism.
Indians develop RR.
Mozzarella builds engineers. (Another)
Sug builds Eng. (MP)
Knossos builds engineers. (harbor)
Celebrations in VM.
Cor builds eng. (harbor)
EF builds SE. (CH)
Nae builds CH. (SE)
LC builds SE. (Caravan)
LP builds SE. (Caravan)

Destroyer empties Tours.

Kills archer and captures Thermopylae. 23g, barracks and walls.
Eretria captured. 6g, walls.

Now that the empire of Greeks has fallen, people are hoping that the lords will put an end to the killing of innocent and free people just to enslave them and use them. Moral movements in the society begin to question the ruling and the use of slaves from foreign lands. Trade and progress in technology is very poor and despitethe goverment becoming richer and richer and spending money on improvements and armies, the people is getting poorer and poorer. People are happy in big cities, but in smaller cities, only the upper class is happy.

Things to consider:
RedBull, you have a war against the French and a whole bunch of cavalries spread out over Hell. These have to be stationed or transfered somewhere depending on wheter we want to take care of the French or not at the moment.

We're able to capture Tours this turn. Shall we?

What's the plan for African and Hell cities? Use them for war purposes or get them up to 20+? I prefer the later, but that's me.

Apparently the people are getting upset with our government.:) Shall we give them demo soon? This or next turn?

Africa and Coresux is connected with Railroad. However Jayneland and Hell hardly has road connection. Should it be priority?

I bribed a settler and found a city in the middle of Hell. I hope that was allrigt.

I also think I forgot to mention that Barbieville was founded. It was at the same time as Zion was founded. We need new city names.

There should be discussions about channels. The one in Africa is easy and isn't in the way, but we don't gain a lot from it. In hell, there are a few alternatives, but they are either hard to make, or are in the way. One is between Knossos, Corinth and Delphi, another is 2E of Athens.

We should also consider to refound some lost cities. Maybe Besancon to give us a port to the french. If so, I would like a railroad from this city to a southern city (probably Knossos or Ephesos) so that we have a fast connection for any future armors from Coresux.

EDIT: Thanks Jayne.:)

How about we build a city of our own in the middle of the ashes of Besancon, connect it by rail to the rest of Hell (and btw, yes, I'll go ahead and suggest making railways a domestic as well as military priortiy), RB a couple ships out of the new city, and get our Hellhounds (so I named that group of cavalry, leave me alone) across the channel there and take Lyons. Make sure we really overwhelm Lyons so that we can establish a presence in (insert continent name here) and start funneling troop across the channel into the heart of the French civilization.

Be sure to take Tours ASAP before they get another unit in there.

I think that once we bounce the Frenchies, we should get back to Democracy ASAP and lick our wounds before tackling the rest. Maybe get back to Dem and rush to Howitzers? :D

It's really not my field to govern, but it would make more sense to start building up the African and Hellish (???) cities for the most part...a couple cities in Hell will be needed to send troops over to France until we capture enough of theirs to transfer the RB responsibilities over onto that continent. Once that happens, those couple war cities can catch up.

In fact, now that I look at the map...I think we should swallow up the Aztecs while we're still in Fundamentalism. Probably the best idea would be to use the same strategy as against the Zulus...basically it's a continuation of that war. The added touch is that we can open two seperate fronts on them which will inevitably meet in the center and then combine to drive east to crush Tenochtitlan in a big ol' blaze of glory. I'd say start off by demanding tribute and such until they declare war on us, then open up by shippin out cavalries from Electrical and Superstorms at the same time those two cavalries sitting idle up there by Isandhlwana take Tlaxcala, at the same time we start to send the Hellhounds over to France.

I would suggest sending all of the Hellhounds over to the French...we need to get a foothold on that continent, and the Aztecs really don't require an all out "send everything at em" type of attack. The Aztecs are much like the Zulus, and the only reason I suggest overwhelming Lyons is to be absolutely sure we keep it.

EDIT: After taking a closer look at everything in the game at this point, I also noticed that the French and Aztecs are allies...meaning we'd get flak from one if we attacked the other anyway, so it makes the most sense to take these two down at once. I'd still get back to Democracy after we bump 'em off and rush to modern weaponry (armor, howitzers, etc.) before finishing off the rest of the world.

You war mongers are doing G R E A T !
Just this once, I'm not sure if I'm interfering with your plans, but I see you are planning to celebrate. I think Markets are more valuable than Courthouses, and Cure for Cancer is most valuable of all.

Several cities are building Courthouses: Point Blissful, Neumatic, FunxusWay

Regia Fanatica: Van in 1, then what?
Neumatic: has farmland, rather Supermarket in 1, not courthouse.
Doughnutia: perhaps Scientists rather than Taxmen?
Barbarians Suck: needs Engr to Clear Irrg Forest?

Lunatic Pandora: needs Mine for wastrel serf.
EnchantedForest: has 2 skulls... Supermarket in 4? or Van $25 in 2!
FunxusWay: Courthouse in 1? has farmland, so Supermarket?
Naervana: has farmland, why Stock? Supermarket? Caravan?
  Could steal land from FunxusWay serf?
Viking Mine: needs Gold Mine and RR? Alpine in 1, then?

Mount Leo: Engr in 1? Harbor but no serfs in ocean?
Superstorms: Barx and PortFacility? IPRB Cav? Supports Destroyer & 2 Cav?
Electrical: Engr in 1, then Market?

Fort Jayne: Bank, then what? Vans?
Nemoville: Thank you. Could celebrate, Engineer or Size=2 Military support? Has forest and hills...
Suggestions: too small for a Barx?
Mozzarella: needs Road, Engr is choking growth...
Trollhättan: Market, then? Needs Roads for WLTP growth.
Duke's Creek: all plains, so poor choice for Engr.
Morpheus: needs another Alpine, then hold positions outside city? 2 Fish.

Bapedi Size=1: sell Barracks? Engr to Build a City?
Zimbabwe: both Barx and PortFacility? Engr in 1? or Alpine or Cav?
Ulundi: Engr to Build a City for growth?
Hlobane Barx: has Coal Mine and irrigation, so why Engr?
Isandhlwana: could move serf to Forest for quicker Fanatic?
Ipecacuanha: Library in 1? One Engr must Build a City.
Igloria: supports 2 Destroyers? Why Library if has Port Facility?

Athens: has both Barx and PortFacility? IPRB Cav? Market?
Argos: needs Road
Eretria: needs Wine Mine and Road. Build Engr or ship one in?
Pharsalos: serf to Corn for growth?
Thermopylae: needs Road? Fanatics in 2? Fish?

Corinth Granary: Harbor or Engr?
Knossos: Engr to Clear jungle river, then Irrg? or Ocean? Grows in 3.
Delphi: Van in 2, needs Road
Thessalonica: needs Roads and Irrg badly...

Berlin Barbfarm: serf to Mine for faster Engr?
Eburacum: has Coal, needs Mine.
Zion Whale: good green, so Engr rather than Fanatic in 5?

Please feel free to completely disregard any of my comments that are off base, and go with only whatever seems useful.

I'm starting to look at the situation after returning from vacation but one thing that is immediately obvious is that we have been doing great in our wars.

Some random (and preliminary) comments:

(1) The Indians have 42 techs and are researching gunpowder. The French and Aztecs have 39 techs and the Chinese 33. So yet another option if we continue the wars is to attack the Indians immediately, i.e. before they discover GP and prevent them from ever getting it. This is not highly important, soon we will have artillery and armor. However, the French and Aztecs are allied while the Indians and Chinese are only in contact with us...

(2) IMHO more city improvements should have been rush bought to speed development, several Coresux cities need more than 1 improvement to complete the MODALTSIR plans. The fact that the barbarians got $3700 is a sign that we had collected too much $$.

(3) We need a far greater number of engineers in Africa and Hell.

(4) Getting one big city in Africa and Hell would be nice, meaning lots of improvements for Athens and Zimbabwe so they canb celebrate for a long time.

(5) There are some nice points in GaryNemo's list above. We need to change what a few cities are doing, in particular Mount Leo shouldn't build engineers, we want it to be of size 3+ once we start celebrating so it can grow.

I plan to post some build queue related stuff soon.

Gary, the points are good, even if we have quite good reasons for some of them.:)

We've been following a generic build queue for the big cities, the plan is to get all these improvements in all the big cities we want to celebrate. So, e.g. the plan is to get a Supermarket in all cities we want to celebrate before starting the celebrations, but it's not the first on the list.

Some of these cities are were used to produce units for Africa and Hell, which is why they have barracks and port facilities. Igloria is e.g. one of our better trade cities, but it was in a nice position for producing destroyers against the greeks. I agree that 17 barracks is quite many though, and many of these probably could be sod off.

We are also looking to build up Africa and Hell, so we need engineers to build infrastrucutre, farmland and transform and clear bad terrain.

Hey gang, had a chance to pop in and see how things are going. Well done with the military campaigns :goodjob:

One random thought, I would get a channel city built so Corinth and Athens can get out of their lake. Opens up two potential ship-building cities if you need them.

Also, build up the core defenses, obviously. 3700 gold to the Barbies is WAAAAY too much:mad:

If the Indians are close to Gunpowder, then the French and Aztecs will have it a turn later, so attack hard and fast now, or try to take on the Indians if you're in a position to do so, or switch to Demo now (after taking Tours) where you're in a relatively easy defensive position and build up to Howies, etc.

We're thinking about the channel, but the lake already have a natural opening and a channel to the north east.

The only way to improve against that kind of attack is to either get city walls, defend all cities with 2-3 units or improve the defensive units (vet or ATs). We probably will be able to support this better once we get factories in the big cities and maybe HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom