Next turn - 3900bc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say from the desert we have and the coordinates we are towards the middle of the map......

BTW, we started at (43,35).

Attachments

• world_3900.jpg
    world_3900.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 130

EDIT: For some reason the image does not always appear. Go here to view it otherwise.

http://ishaakasha.tripod.com/index.html

Thanks to the Duke who supplied the coordinates I was able to calculate the resource seed and pattern distribution. The red dots show the specials locations whilst the yellow dots show hut locations. This is a definate location diagram. What it does show is that there are two good city sites in range (opps I forgot to mark them!) One is located one space W then SW from the S Settler the other is one space E then SE from the same settler. It should be noted that the resource to the far left (that is in the ocean) is definately a fish resource. However it should be noted that this will unlikely be explorable wihtout a trieme. I would suggest going for the eastern city site. Although find out what resource is next to the archer first.

Jayne if you are in any doubt about my calculations then move the archer (before the settler) directly SE. It will reveal a special.

Originally posted by Shahadet
DvR and Funxus,

Could you tell me what you are using to create these images? Do you not need to know the seed of the map to determine these special locations and hut positions? Please explain your methods to me as I am quite intrested in them.

Also do I have to use a webpage to display pictures on this forum?

Thank you

Well, looking at your last post, you seem to have managed quite well :)
I use paint to make the white lines, and paint shop pro to make the dots and to resize / crop the image with.. I don't know about the map seed, I used the map funxus provided before..
No you do not need a webpage to display images, you can attach a file to your post just above the 'Submit Reply' button..

The reason your image turned up with the Tripod logo is because the images on that server only work when you view em directly from a page on Tripod..
There are free webhosts which do work as we want em to, i think spaceports.com does, not sure though since I haven't used it for quite some time..

Originally posted by Shahadet
EDIT: For some reason the image does not always appear. Go here to view it otherwise.
Weird... the image I posted in a previous message (demo3900bc.jpg) no longer appears in my message. It appeared shortly after I posted the message but no longer does so :confused: :confused:

I just got back from vacation...is there a save of either the original start or of the 3900 position? I can't seem to find one posted anywhere.

Impressive work. Now that we have an idea were the specials are, we should start working out were to place the capital. I'm tired of living on this spaceship.

Looking quickly at Shahadet's picture, the plains tile between inland lake and ocean looks good, since it'll have access to three specials. Of couse, we don't know what those specials are...

I propose to build the city in the east of our peninsule, but do it quickly, we can´t afford not to have a city when the others have just found their capitals.
Maybe the buffalo is a good place, too.

Thanks for all your contributions! :goodjob:

What I need before tomorrow afternoon GMT is a concise list of where we need to move units, and where to found a city.

:queen:

Thanks for sorting that out Duke. I did try to upload it but I just got an error message saying it was not a valid jpeg!

Octavian,

Our land is situated on the fish resource backbone. The far-left ocean resource is definitely fish but as I have said before it may not become visible without a trireme, unless there is land that curves round. Also, upon closer inspection of the coastline by the archer I believe that the resource two squares SE of him will be ocean (fish). Knowing this I would use the archer to confirm my theory on the coastline then move the S settler to the eastern city point and move the N settler to the western city point where the settlers will both be able to found a city. In movement points this makes sense. Despit what terrain is found a city needs to be found soon because the next 3-4 resource spot is quite a few more turns away and we can't afford to be roaming around forever. ;)

Below is a list of all possible outcomes for the resources:

Fish
Grassland
Buffalo
Pheasant
Coal
Gold
Musk Ox
Ivory
Peat
Gems
Oasis

The land does seem to be quite varied so I do not want to narrow down the possibilities. Already we have uncovered seven of the ten land types!

Looking at all former posts, can we conclude that the plains square between the 3 possible specials is the place to settle the southern settler?

Concerning the choice for first city site. Either site has potential, although it is yet to be seen as to what terrain emcompasses the SE city site(SEcs) . Having said that, we do not know that much more about the SW city site (SWcs). The one thing we do have going for the SEcs is the proximity of a explorer (archer). We could uncover the hidden land quickly with both the settler and the archer whilst the northern settler moves to the western city site (4 turns). I have a feeling that the SWcs may be surrounded by a lot of ocean squares which could present a growth problem, especially as we know that we are on fish tiles not whale tiles.

Either way I am sure Dear Leader Jayne will make the right decision for the peoples empire!:D

Originally posted by funxus
Either there or E than SE of southern settler? Maybe the terrain is better there, like less desert:)

Yea, my idea aswell..

Should there be a poll concerning this sort of decisions, or is it up to Jayne? (which i personaly wouldn't see as a problem since I have full confidence in our Despot :D)

Originally posted by DvR
Should there be a poll concerning this sort of decisions, or is it up to Jayne? (which i personaly wouldn't see as a problem since I have full confidence in our Despot :D)

Ideally, that poll should be made by the Domestic Advisor. If they do not post one soon, then people may want to contact them and/or the deputy and ask that one be made.

I believe that Dear Leader Jayne will be able to make this call by herself. Personally I see no reason to slow the game with a poll. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom