Next turn - 400bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
675bc - Made recommended alterations.

650bc - Naer build settler, starts temple. LC build temple, starts van. Ipec builds temple, starts settler. PB builds warrior, starts van.
Chinese start Pyramids.

625-600bc - Nothing of note happens.

575 Disorder in naer. RC builds beads van, starts another. EF builds boat, starts temple. Boat finds land south of EF.

550bc - Golden Age of Philosophy starts in Doughnutia. Get HBR for free - as it's the only option! Start researching Pottery.
CFC pop +400,000.
Found Funxus' Way. Start warrior. Boat temporarily docks to prevent riot/starvation.

525bc - Boat continues.
:eek:More barbs near Doughnutia!:eek: 2 archers and leader.

500bc - LP builds settlers, starts van.

475bc - Disorder in EF. Bribe barb archer outside Dough for €61.

450bc - FW builds warrior, starts sett. Boat discovers pole.
Fortify Ellie and archer in dough, hoping the B.archer will commit suicide.

425bc - B.archer does as predicted. Our archer become veteran. Ellie is unleashed and kills leader - €150.

400bc - LC builds gold van (required by RF?). Starts another van.

2 settlers are in place to mine and found Jayne's hill. A spare warrior is in FW, which should be put in place before founding to avoid starvation/riot.

The land south of Ipec is probably polar. I suggest sending the boat North through the canal at FW.

We have €315, €6 profit/turn, 7 turns/tech.

:queen:

I think we should head north with our boat, and check out the land north of LP. We need to meet some other civ soon!! There is only one 3 special spot and no 2 special spot on that island. Are we going to have to do 2 cities, so one can be the fish/fish/whale spot on the south end of island?

In your notes Jayne, u wrote ipec builds temple starts settler. When i opened the game Ipec is working a Van. U didnt note any change of production. I think we agreed on settler. Its not too late to change back, we wont lose any sheilds. Just something i noticed!
;)

I think we should RB those temples, and maybe some of the cheaper vans. PB should build a temple, after the van it is producing.

Originally posted by Blissful_Zen
There is only one 3 special spot and no 2 special spot on that island. Are we going to have to do 2 cities, so one can be the fish/fish/whale spot on the south end of island?
I'm pretty sure that far southern spot is actually a 4 special site. The no-sheild grassland square should be a special as well.

Blissful Zen wrote:In your notes Jayne, u wrote ipec builds temple starts settler. When i opened the game Ipec is working a Van. U didnt note any change of production. I think we agreed on settler. Its not too late to change back, we wont lose any sheilds. Just something i noticed!

:blush: Sorry! That's me being careless. I think I must have changed back to the wrong unit when I was IPRBing - probably because I was IPRBing vans aswell. Easily fixed - we just change back to settler in the next turns.

We are having great success with the barbarians which now seem to be taking care of our financial matters. Hopefully they show up again near LC or Doug where we have another barbarian trap - a veteran archer in a city on a hill.

We should aim to meet other civs ASAP - our boat has a long way to go north so I think we should IPRB a trireme in LP where we know of nearby land and then IPRB a diplomat there, in EF or RF.

The trireme we already have should head west or east, we know there is land to the west and there may be land to the east too (the big question is how far away it is).

Also we have a nice island to colonize, maybe PB could supply settlers for this and we could use our trireme for ferrying the settler to the island before heading west.

I agree with Blissful_Zen, we should look into rush buying stuff. We should leave only about $65 for use in emergencies (barbarians). The cash is there to spend it.

The trireme could head west along the poll to check for huts as far a Doughnutia, then follow our coast north to the island NW of our Barbs Suck site. A second boat could leave LP to explore the island there, and maybe a third from Ipec to follow the pole east.

That seems like a fine exploration plan Jayne. Start that mine and send that warrior, when he gets there we can build Jaynes Hill! We really need to meet some other civs, so IPRBing some triemes in those cities previously mentioned by The Viking

Another question: We are building Marco's at the moment in Neumatic. This is going to be very important if we still haven't found any other civs. However, would we rather build Hanging Gardens first, and run the risk of losing out on Marco's?

I was thinking you can have both settlers building a mine until warrioir gets there. Click one of them off, and have them build the city.

I think the HG's are more important. But Marcos is a close 2nd in my eyes. They will expire around the same time. I could see arguing for each. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Doughnutia is our SSC, right? Corruption is 16%, it's on a Hill without Trade, but we have decided to live with that. Therefore, send both Vans there and build the HG Hanging Gardens in about 5 turns. It is completely crucial to us.

Another van can head to Neumatic, say RF in 3 turns. That will wrap up Marco Polo in Neumatic. Seems we've been planning these two wonders.

Doughnutia is our SSC, right? Corruption is 16%, it's on a Hill without Trade, but we have decided to live with that. Therefore, send both Vans there and build the HG Hanging Gardens in about 5 turns. It is completely crucial to us.
I'd rather have HG in Neumatic and Col in SSC, if we can't get both in SSC. Col will work far longer and even in Rep/Demo, while HG will be cancelled with railroads and not help trade in demo/rep (although good for growing). Maybe we should try to build HG first, as you say, if we are sure we'll get Col there too.

If we want HG and Col in same city, we'll have to IPRB some caravans. 1 caravan for MP in Neu (not built yet), 2 for Col in Dou (already built), and then we need 4 (alt. 3) additional caravans for HG in Dou. So, one more in LC for HG, two more in RF (one for HG and one for MP), one in LP and one in PB, would cover our caravan need.

There's not really anything we can do in Dou about the main square until we have engineers? So, I guess we'll have to live with it. We can road to capital and build a courthouse though, to help corruption, and get some trade routes and roads around city to help trade.:)

About Jayne's hill, I think it's better to build it straight away and use the settler for defence until we get a warrior. Settlers are better at defending than warriors:)

I'm not sure what AI has started to build any wonders yet. Jayne, could you please post that, what they've started, and when, if anything? You know I recommend HG in SSC, then Colossus second, so what they've started really matters now.
650BC: Chinese st Pyramids, eh?

Btw, Van production is huge now. One question: Ipec Van 38/50 in 3 is 19 turns from Neumatic, time out of mind. How about the Trireme instead?

And of course IPRB IPRB IPRB, every turn $11 here & there. HG in SSC will be better.

We could use the EF trireme, it could be outside Ipec in two turns when the caravan is ready. Then it could move along the cost down to Dou, or if it lets it off on the river and let it follow the river down to Dou. I think it's too late to help MP in Neumatic, maybe if we start another wonder in Neumatic.:)

If the plan is to get it through FW or JH we probably don't want it to move too far away from the channel?

With Funxus' way where it is, (and EF already as a filler) I don't see the benefit of having the Hill-City where those settlers are. I'd prefer to see one go out to the 3-special "c7" site at the end of the peninsula and the other start roading or mining the hidden special.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
With Funxus' way where it is, (and EF already as a filler) I don't see the benefit of having the Hill-City where those settlers are. I'd prefer to see one go out to the 3-special "c7" site at the end of the peninsula and the other start roading or mining the hidden special.

I agree. :goodjob:

As the newly elected domestic advisor I'm going to present a plan that involves getting all three wonders (HG, Col anf MPE) and start developing the SSC ASAP. This should appear in more detailed form on May 1 plus polls (I'm slightly busy and also the new government doesn't take over until then). The following points are intended for discussing various things.

Dou obviously needs the colossus since it is the SSC. It would be nice to have the HG there too but not necessary, we can build Shakespeare's Theater there in the future instead (and BTW it should switch to the silk to speed production IMO). So instead of building the HG in Dou following the Colossus I'd prefer to immediately start developing Dou by building a marketplace followed by a courthouse to reduce corruption. Not building HG in Dou means building it in Neu instead. I think we should finish HG there ASAP so Neu can then immediately start building MPE.

Some hints to the military advisor: I think Dou is in a way 'overdefended' now. In contrast Neu (our second most critical city) is very poorly defended. How about moving the diplomat in Dou to the banana where it can reach LC and Neu in one turn in case of trouble ? And then moving the phalanx in LC back to Neu ?

I think it takes too much time for the trireme to fetch Ipec's caravan, thus delaying needed exploration. I think the trireme should head west instead.

I agree that a city on the hill isn't a high priority at the moment but with the settlers already there finishing a mine would make sense, doing so makes EF a nice production city. The other settler should then IMO head towards C7 and found a city and the other one towards our core cities - we really need to start working the terrain there, especially near Dou and Nou and maybe LC as well. In fact PB should build a settler following the caravan or possibly IPRB a settler immediately.

Funxus' Way is building settlers which creates food problem since the city is on a forest square so it should probably be doing something else. A caravan or temple ?

Ipec should probably switch to settlers. However, this area is very poorly defended.

Once the three wonders are completed we can probably start thinking about trade routes to Dou.

LP should probably switch to a trireme followed by a diplomat.

I agree with most of that plan, no Hill Mine city etc. With the 2 Vans coming in 5 turns, Dough Silk is not needed at the moment, Fish is. Once we have HG, then perhaps the Silk.

However, I think HG makes a great start for an SSC. It makes the city HUGE with the 3 extra happy people. It begins to celebrate and add the arrows like the Colossus - as well as allowing every other city to grow right now. We can found new cities without a hassle. In Republic, the city will zoom up to Size=7. All of this is a mere 5 turns away.

So we need to know if the AI might build Colossus soon. Not that I care, but nearly everyone else does. We have many Vans. Also 315 gold, enough to IPRB $11 several cities every turn. All 3 of RF EF and LC could produce a Van every 6 turns.

I still also think Ipec would make a good instant Trireme. Then FW can build a Van, avoiding a Settler which is a good idea.

And the sooner we Road out to Dough, the better. But at the moment, the Vans for the 3 Wonders take priority. Perhaps after its Van, Point Bliss could build the Settler.

I think we should move the phalanx from LC to Neu, as The Viking suggested. Moving the Dip to the banana would be a good idea, until we need him to get on the next boat. Then maybe we can move Elle up to the banana. We need to upgrade our defenders in our cities, we are easy prey for an advanced AI, with a few boats of Elephants. They could take a few cities, and seriuosly slow ALL our plans down. I dont know how u guys upgraded in past Demo games, but we need a 2 defense in every city.

We should sail West with the boat we have, and we should soon have one coming out of LP or RF, going north. EF should RB the temple now, doing it next turn would be a waste. Naervana can wait a few turns to RB its temple. Those vans should be bought 2 turns before completion also. Ipec should switch back to settler for the fish/gold city, and IPRB. Then it should make a phalanx. :D

Hello again, I've been away for some time, but I'm back now.

Doughnutia as SSC looks good. I suggest building HG there first and then Colossus. If no AI have started wonders yet there should not a problem getting them both.

Boat should sail west, yes. We know there's land there to explore and it's also closer to our capital and just generally easier to settle than any land we find in the east.

I've personally never liked Marco Polo's much. If we build the lighthouse we will make contact with the AI almost as fast and at the same time pop some huts and settle new land faster. GL could also be a better choice, but if we get both HG and Colossus in our SSC we probably won't get many techs out of it anyway.

Don't bother to settle the southern island yet, getting our settler to the land in the north or west would be much better as that's the directions we will have to expand in.

I haven't been following the discussion lately, why are we researching pottery? Any plan with that?

Talar: We're researching pottery because some citizens have been calling for Hanging Gardens to be built.

GaryNemo: The following civs are building the following Wonders (as posted previously) -
650bc - Chinese - Pyramids
825bc - French - Pyramids
900bc - Aztecs - Pyramids

We aren't the only ones who know BW and Trade. At this stage of the game there are lots of options to change Wonder production if one gets built.

We need to decide which we need most (poll?), build vans and consider keeping money in reserve so if we get the dreaded message 'XXXX have almost completed YYYY' we can act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom