Next Turn - 660 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkE

Primate Philosopher
AD 600 (Continued) – Made recommended build and serf changes. I didn’t find recommendations for the Chryshe settlers! There are many details with no guidance that I can find. Ok, here goes, hope you like it. One to go found V2, one to help the Ren settler …

IPRB: RC $4, BFL $4, MD $4, Neuma $2, LC $4.

Viking catapult in Kaupang expels our dip to RC. The Indians have nearly completed King Richard’s Crusade. The Russians have also nearly completed King Richard’s Crusade! I hope they don’t have Invention …

AD 620 – FA dip built, caravan started. LN builds settler. Dellham build dip, starts settler.

In the middle of the turn, the Hostile Vikings send an emissary. They demand we cancel our peace treaty with the Spanish. Never! Then they demand Philosophy as tribute. Refused. In spite of our disrespectful attitude, they will spare us from the wrath of their mighty armies. :) But now they are enraged – it shouldn’t be hard to pick a fight. Discussion complete (we don’t wish to start war until the caravan is delivered).

Wine caravan delivered to Viborg, 360 gold earned.

Routskilde founded, crusader started, serf on whale. IWC founded. Trireme started (will change, no doubt).

Emissary sent to the Vikings. They again demand cancelling peace with the Spanish – never! Then they demand 700 gold in tribute and we laughed at their petty boasts. NUF then demands tribute and the Vikings declare war!

Chariot attacks and barely kills the pesky settler near Routskilde. Dissidents in Viborg revolt for 480 gold, 113 gold plundered, legion and warrior garrison captured. Corruption is bad here. Diplomat started.

Eastern lands confirmed as an island.

IPRBs: Khor $6

KRC built in Calcutta. Russians abandon their project.

AD 640 – University is discovered. Invention started! Ebo builds settler, dip started.

South Pole diplomat encounters Persian settlers, who will desert for $384.

V2 founded, settler started.

Emissary sent to the Vikings again. They still demand we cancel the Spanish peace treaty – refused. Then they demand the wheel – sorry. They offer cease fire and peace treaty, accepted.

IPRBs: CJ $4.

Persian settler moves away and is replaced by a warrior.

AD 660 – LC builds Beads caravan. F4 founded.

India caravan discovers Bombay (not Delhi). Indians send an Enthusiastic emissary. They offer to trade Bridge Building for Philosophy. NUF accepts to see what else they may have – they only have BB. Now Worshipful, they offer an alliance – declined. University is demanded as tribute – refused. Since they are still Worshipful, NUF offers to trade maps – accepted. Delhi isn’t very close, but there are roads! The Spanish and Russians are now located – they are to the west of the Indian continent. There is a Spanish city named Karachi and an Indian city named Granada – hmmm.

President MonkE convenes the High Council. There are several units left to move this turn: Chryshe area settlers, RC crusader, LC trireme, and the dip near FA. How shall these units finish the move, and what shall NUF do in light of the new discoveries?

Map of India:

Northern Map

Central Map

Southern Map

Eastern Map

Saved Game mr_a660.sav

Delhi and Madras both demand Silk and are size 8. :D

Did anyone else notice that Karachi is empty? Seems the Indians are winning the war against the Spanish. Let's keep that in mind for when they get irritated at us. ;)

I guess now we can build a road on the river up near NO and Ren. ;)

Great Turn! :goodjob:

660AD Status of the NUF Monarchy - 382 gold

Better than I had imagined, Sir! The Indians love us enough to give us their remarkable maps. You drove a hard bargain, Sir, getting Bridges from them as well! Where to build some? On the abandoned Boreum River Bridge site, surely. NUF subverted Viborg, and built Routskilde, IWC, F4 and V2 new cities, for which I am very grateful to you, Sir, and also to The People. Octavia's Point has already grown! Many of our ships have Captains, with bags of gold, sailing the coasts of NUF.

The profit from the Viborg shipment was enough to pay for their own demise, hehe, and shaved 2 turns off our Science Research delays. The Silk heading to Dehli will be even better. The Udal Settler is ready to found Plains Filler, W of Dellham Mine. We need to invest in a road SE of that tiny desert, and so link Fort Anarchy to the Glorious Temple of Monks Towne.

We can build Leonardo on the forth turn, using Caravans from Bedfont Lakes and Civvium. Someone, please check the Civvium Caravan timing. If so, RC can build a quick Diplomat in 4 turns using IPRB $6. The LC Caravan, and GG Caravan Project, are too far away. We may desire Elvis in Civvium, celebrate and gain Science, and start another Silver Caravan.

660 AD Status: 1,470,000 people in 29! cities. 382 gold, 30,00,70% 2.Elvii, 3.Celebrations. F5 $44 -15, Sci 141 in 6 turns, an improvement. F11 Mfg=125, Family Size=5.4, much improved! NUF is pulling ahead of the AI, again sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size ! And this will continue to improve. More cities will grow to new heights shortly: Marl Downs, Octavia's Point, Eboracum, Reneaux, Uppsala, TFalls, Penguin Flats. Viborg faces a growth crisis, all 3.Blackdudes.

600 AD Status: 1,240,000 people in 24 cities. 335 gold, 30,00,70% 2.Elvii, 3.Celebrations. F5 $40 -15, Sci 133 in 6 turns, similar to 500AD. F11 Mfg=108, Family Size=5.0 NUF is crushing the AI, sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size ! And this will improve. REGIA CIVITAS is about to grow, and thanks to Mike's we can encourage it, switch the Settler to a Crusader, and Civvium to Silver for delivery here. These other cities will grow to new heights shortly: Mordhiemia, Marl Downs (if we switch from Settler (R)), Dellham, Reneaux, Uppsala, Udal, TFalls (serfs to Road!).

500 AD Status: 1,120,000 people in 24 cities. 290 gold, 30,00,70% One Scientist, 4.Elvii, 4.Celebrations. F5 $42 -15, Sci 133 in 6 turns. F11 Mfg=99, Family Size=4.6 NUF is again #1 in Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, only #2 in Population, slipped to #3 in Family Size.

Researching Invention :) (due in <5 turns), known: Alphabet, Astronomy, Bridge, Bronze, CBurial, CodeLaws, Construction, Currency, Engineering, HBR, Iron Working, Literacy, Map Making, Masonry, Mathematics, Monarchy, Monotheism, Mysticism, Philosophy, Polytheism Elephants, Pottery, Seafaring Harbors, Trade, University, WarriorCode, Wheel and Writing.

We have several cities that can build anything:
REGIA CIVITAS (Diplomat $6 in 4 is recommended), F4 Caravan?, Civvium (Caravan in 1, then Caravan again w Elvis?), Bedfont Lakes (Caravan in 1, then Caravan again!), Beast Flats (Trireme in 3, then Dip or Caravan?, Food=0 problem).
Marl Downs Salt Caravan in 2, Mord (Settlers in 1), Khorsabad (Settler in 3, Food 5+1/30).
Monks Towne (Temple in 2, then Settler?), Legendary City Caravan?

Are we going to play again Saturday?

It is too late to study further. Good Night, Good Morning.

Good Job:)
I'm really glad the russians hadn't discovered invention:)
The indians aren't that large, maybe we can take them out easily. Delhi is wellprotected though:(

Originally posted by funxus
Good Job:)
I'm really glad the russians hadn't discovered invention:)
The indians aren't that large, maybe we can take them out easily. Delhi is wellprotected though:(
They have the wall, which will make taking them out before metallurgy very difficult and slow-going, but very rewarding.
A great turn MonkE.

Just been looking at the Indian lands, especially the area E,E calcutta/S,S Bangalore. This square looks ripe for garrisoning units in a fortress. Its outside the radii of both cities and in the sweet spot striking distance of 2-move units.
Why is there a road on the southern coast? I think perhaps that there once was a city there.
There is another such spot SS Bombay, E,E bangalore. This is even closer to the mountains so will be even easier to hold in the event of a strike on the Indians.

Why is there a road on the southern coast? I think perhaps that there once was a city there.

The indians and the spanish seem to have been fighting a bit. It's likely the city was destroyed by the Spanish.

What about this idea:
Stay peaceful for a while with the Indians, get some nice trade going on. With the money we earn we can buy Viking cities! For this we may want to take the Viking capitol first.

So in the near future we could build a few triremes and a few crusaders, take them to their capitol, take it and then let the diplo's do the dirty job of bribing all their cities in one or two turns.
I think they have 4 or 5 cities of which 1 is capitol, when we take their capitol it shouldn't cost us more than 2000 gold to get their complete empire.

Caravans from big cities of ours to big Indian cities will give us (if demanded by the receiving cities) how much gold? Maybe 400-500? It won't take too many caravans to get the Vikings.

Once we can build caravels we may want to explore to the east to find the Persians (Antioch was quite nearby!) and maybe get their empire. Once we've got metallurgy we can start the war with the Indians and conquer the rest of the world! :D

by Jayne
Trireme? :confused:
For some reason, I didn't check the sheet at that point and just put in a trireme knowing it didn't have time to finish and would change anyway. Maybe it was expressing a subconscious wish ? ... ;)

660AD Further Analysis

I agree with Civ1's plans above, Trade and Subversion.

Shall we continue 30% Tax, 70% Max Science? Try to raise cash? For what? Our President has priced several enemy cities.

Do we really want to build Marco Polo?

FAQ: The Silk delivery to Dehli will accelerate the discovery of Invention.

REGIA CIVITAS: Diplomat 0/30 in 4, then Leonardo's Workshop, Size=6 &nbsp; 28 Trade, 8.Gold +30.Beakers +7.Shields. Serfs on 2.Whales Irrigation Fish & 2.Roads, Food: 4/70, grows in 17. Pop: 4.Red +2.Black, Temple & 3 guards, all working. We need to build a Settler next, hopefully before a Red Pop becomes a BlackDude. March New Crusader to TFalls and rehome there this turn. Then where? to Viking Land where we have Infantry and excitement?

Elysium: Marketplace 48/80 in 6. Needs irrigation desperately, and CJ Settler ignored it! &nbsp; Courthouse, Same 24.Trade & 3.Corruption. 7.Gold + 50.Beakers + 6.Shields. Serfs on Gems Silk Whale and Road. Now 1.Red + 3.Black, Temple & 3 guards (2 working, 1 spare).
CJ Settler is down Roading Gems, rather than irrigating for Elysium. I feel this is because so many of my proposals are controversial, and this one, while excellent, was never seconded by anyone. Citizens, please comment to approve plans.

We near Republic. Are we willing to implement a Republic?
Udal: has Trireme war unit. FA can assume support of Phx there.
&nbsp; forest serf to Road, Settler in 10 w 23 Food, perfect.
&nbsp; Settler finished Mine. SW SW Irrigate, N found PF.
Fruit City: Having built V2, no longer a problem.
&nbsp; New Settler SW Irrigate, then grow. Temple?
Fort Anarchy: Rehome Udal Phx here.
&nbsp; Move Legion S to rehome in Elysium, ship to India.
&nbsp; Ren Settler SW SW charge, S Road.
I see no other problems implementing a Republican Government.

We have 8 Settlers and 9 in production. We can build the Plains Filler, W of DH Mine.
Khorsabad: Settler 28/40 in 3, then Settler! IPRB?
We need to irrigate Elysium, and also Uppsala GLS.

We own the same 11 Temples, 2 Libraries, a Courthouse, and a Barracks in Uppsala, and are building The MarketPlace of Elysium, Temple of Monks Towne, 10.Caravans, 4.Diplomats, Trireme Beast Flats! and another Trireme in new IWC? and 2 Crusaders.

We own 5 Triremes, 14 Diplomats, 1 new Crusader, and 9 Caravans: near RC are Ren Silk, MD Silk, Neuma Hides, GG Hides, TFalls Silk, and FA Cloth. LC Beads traveling via CJ. Elysium Salt is sailing N of Udal, shipping to Trondheim. The RC Silk can be delivered to demand in Delhi or Madras.

Civvium: Caravan 44/50 in 1, Beads for Leonardo,
&nbsp; Then hope we can do Silver next time around.
Bedfont Lakes: Caravan 45/50 in 1, Salt for Leonardo.
Reneaux: Hides Caravan 30/50 in 4, demanded by REGIA CIVITAS.
Marl Downs: Salt Caravan 42/50 in 2, demanded by Elysium.

Indian Demand: Silk, Dye, Copper, Silver. Seems we must quickly send troops to India to stake out our territory on their SE Peninsula. Perhaps bribe the Lahore Settler cheap?

by Octavian X
You should really consider running again... On the other hand...
Perhaps later ... Things are busy at work and I need a break. I didn't appreciate how big a job President is until doing it myself. I'd say it's the most demanding job, but GaryNemo does so much as Domestic Advisor .... :crazyeye:

In bold comments posted by GaryNemo
Do we really want to build Marco Polo?
The people have voted for it and I think it's nice to have it too. We need info on our enemies to succesfully crush them.

FAQ: The Silk delivery to Dehli will accelerate the discovery of Invention.
Nice! Deliver that caravan ASAP then. :)

REGIA CIVITAS: (...) We need to build a Settler next, hopefully before a Red Pop becomes a BlackDude. March New Crusader to TFalls and rehome there this turn. Then where? to Viking Land where we have Infantry and excitement?
I like the settler for two things: avoid unhappiness and another city we can build. :D
Crusaders should go to Viking land. I'd like to send an army of crusaders there. However aren't you talking about the crusader here meant to kill any barbarian uprisings? We should purposely build a few crusaders to take out Viking capitol so that the other cities will be cheaper to bribe.

Elysium: (...)CJ Settler is down Roading Gems, rather than irrigating for Elysium. I feel this is because so many of my proposals are controversial, and this one, while excellent, was never seconded by anyone. Citizens, please comment to approve plans.
Although roading the gems is quite useful (more trade, more science) I agree that after finishing this the settler should immediately start irrigating some shielded grassland for Elysium. Elysium needs to grow now!

We near Republic. Are we willing to implement a Republic?
Yes!!!

We have 8 Settlers and 9 in production. We can build the Plains Filler, W of DH Mine.
Khorsabad: Settler 28/40 in 3, then Settler! IPRB?
We need to irrigate Elysium, and also Uppsala GLS.

Approved by me. ;)

The RC Silk can be delivered to demand in Delhi or Madras.
There are 2 size 8 Indian cities demanding silk and trade routes should be set up to both of them. Trade route from RC is coming up but the second one will come from where?

Civvium: Caravan 44/50 in 1, Beads for Leonardo. Then hope we can do Silver next time around.
Bedfont Lakes: Caravan 45/50 in 1, Salt for Leonardo.
Reneaux: Hides Caravan 30/50 in 4, demanded by REGIA CIVITAS.
Marl Downs: Salt Caravan 42/50 in 2, demanded by Elysium.

Silver is demanded in India so the next Civvium caravan should be silver. Maybe even IPRB a bit to deliver before demand is gone.

Seems we must quickly send troops to India to stake out our territory on their SE Peninsula. Perhaps bribe the Lahore Settler cheap?
We should settle on that SE peninsula, directly south of the whale would be my choice as there would be absolutely no overlap at all with other cities.
I don't like the idea of bribing Indian units yet. We have friends now with whom we can trade well (big cities, big money to be earned) and they have the great wall so attacks are hard at the moment.
Let's concentrate on destroying the Vikings for now.

By GaryNemo: Elysium: (...)CJ Settler is down Roading Gems, rather than irrigating for Elysium. I feel this is because so many of my proposals are controversial, and this one, while excellent, was never seconded by anyone. Citizens, please comment to approve plans.

But you were seconded! 6 of 7 people voted in agreement to irrigate in your Elysium poll!

By Civ-1: We should settle on that SE peninsula, directly south of the whale would be my choice as there would be absolutely no overlap at all with other cities.
I don't like the idea of bribing Indian units yet. We have friends now with whom we can trade well (big cities, big money to be earned) and they have the great wall so attacks are hard at the moment.

I agree with that! :)

Draft: Aonia Build 660AD

It seems that Leo's is going to win the earlier poll. Elysium is another matter. In Generalities 660AD, our president has stated: "Now that we have University, I feel we should definitely build one in Elysium ASAP." He gives several options. It's an interesting idea, because we'll have so $much from Indian Trade. Cheaper than Isaac Newton at the moment, because we can direct those Caravans into Indian and Viking Trade somehow.

Gabba Gabba: Caravan 15/50 in 7.
Penguin Flats: Diplomat 18/30 in 4, serf on Fish, grows in 4

REGIA CIVITAS: Diplomat 0/30 in 4, then Leonardo's Workshop!
REGIA CIVITAS: Something else, because the Civvium Caravan is late!
Elysium: Continue with Marketplace in 6 .
Elysium: Poll us regarding IPRB and University.
Gems CJ Settler: Road Gems, then go irrigate @Diplomat
Civvium: Leo Beads Caravan in 1, then Caravan again!
Civvium: Build something else, like Diplomat!
None Settler: Road, S Road, then irrigate the Buffalo
None Settler: Road, then up to irrigate the Buffalo
None Settler: Road, then let's irrigate Bedfont Lakes
Bedfont Lakes: Leo Salt Caravan in 1, then Caravan again.
Bedfont Lakes: Build something else, like Diplomat.
Little Nemo: IPRB $4, then $8, Settlers in 9?
Little Nemo: Settlers 8/40 in 11?
F4: Caravan or Diplomat, what other choice is there?
Name F4: Nemo Bay
Beast Flats: Trireme in 3, then Dip or Caravan?, Food=0 problem
Penguin Flats: next start a Settler (or Caravan or...)
Penguin Flats: next start a Temple

Comments? I'll try to post this poll in 15 hours...

Originally posted by civ1-addict
We should settle on that SE peninsula, directly south of the whale would be my choice as there would be absolutely no overlap at all with other cities.
The fact that they have the wall means bribing cities may be a good idea (especially wonder ones!) befor they improve their gov.
I agree though that to take them by force at this stage would be foolish.
Perhaps if we get far enough ahead in military science (gunpwd, cavalry) we will be able to crush them and take the wall as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom