Next turn - 675bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
925bc - IPRB dip in LC. Changed taxes etc for maximum cash.
1st archer moves E towards LC and 2nd archer/leader S towards our SSC (must have been able to smell the Doughnuts! ;) )

900 - LC builds dip and starts temple. Aztecs start Pyramids. Both barb sets now moving towards LC, but 1st on moves onto mountain instead of directly outside the city.

875 - CFC pop +200,000. Ipec warrior finds end of our island.
B.archer on mountain desserts for €61. Fortifies on mountain. 2nd archer then proceeds to commit suicides. Leader runs for it! Our new archer is now veteran.

850 - EF builds warrior and starts van. RB temple of Doughnutia. Taxes etc reset to pre-crisis levels.
Bede lists us as the most powerful civ.

825 - Dough builds temple and starts Colossus. Neu changes from Colossus to Marco's. Ellie goes hunting.

CFC discover Lit. No techs leading to Philosophy, so start Maps.

Point Blissful founded, starts warrior. French start Pyramids.

800 - Disorder in Naervana.

775 - Nothing.

750 - LP builds temple, starts settlers. Ellie finally catches Barb leader - €150.

725 - Nothing.

700 - CFC discover Maps, start Philosophy.

675 - CFC pop +300,000

We have €219, €8 profit per turn, 7 turns per tech.

I plan to play my final turns on Tuesday.

Where can we build a boat? We have 2 dips available to sail in her.

What free tech do we want, and what is our next science goal? Are we ready for a Republic?

BTW - the top city is.......... Barbarian Berlin!!!!!

:queen:

Support wise it would be best to build a boat in Ipec. I dont know what everyone thinks about havin our first boat leave port so far away from our main cities. Other ideas would be EF building the boat. Or LP, which i think would be prime spot for the boat to leave, but we will need to support the phalanx in another town, helping with sheilds and happiness.

I dont think we have the production for a Republic. What do we think will be the choices when we get to pick our free tech? the one after? science poll.... <hint>. ;)

Regarding techs, we are going to need pottery sooner or later for HG. I'd prefer to acquire pottery through exchanging techs but we haven't met a foreign civ and MPE won't be finished any time soon.

Something that leads to Mike would also be nice (polytheism for elephants to kill barbarians would be great). I don't think republic is a good idea until we have Mike.

Great to see how well things turned out regarding the barbarians - seems we even made a profit out of this previously bad situation by catching the leader and now I just hope more barbarians show up in the same place since I see we have a nice 'barbarian trap' on the mountain.

We have some of $$ so now is probably the time to spend some cash rush buying stuff like settlers, temples, diplomats, boats and maybe barracks in a couple of cities - the list of things I want is infinite :D.

EDIT: I don't care whether we build a boat far from our main cities or not, my only criteria is the distance to foreign land and that means LP (to sail N) or RF (to sail W). Naervana is also a possibility, to finish exploring our continent by heading NW and then N.

Maybe EF could IPRB a boat before the camel it is currently building. A dip crew is already there. Then use our money to keep IPRBing vans to sacrifice into Wonders.

Finally we catch a break with the barbs! It was so thoughtful of them to take up residence on the mountain.

LP seems like the logical place for the ship, but I'm not sure what the support issues might arise without loading the file. RF would be the next choice as it would not be too far to go either NE or SW to the visible land.

Tech-wise, I still think we have a shot at HG, so pottery should be way up there on the list. If we go with standard SSC planning, I guess Astronomy, Monotheism, and Republic would be the next targets. I doubt we're ready for a revolution just yet, but we shouldn't put it off too much longer. Maybe after the first couple wonders are produced and we can withstand the sheild support.

If we wanted to be different, we we could consider going directly for Monotheism, get Mikes and Crusaders and go on a blood hunt (or even go to Feudalism[SunTzu]-Chivalry for vet knight). However, it's probably a little late to go that way without more cities. Somebody will get pikers before too long.

EF is a good idea for a boat too if we IPRB a settler in Naervana and use it to found a city on the grassland 2E2SE of EF. The boat can then sail 'through' that city since in general we want to head north.

I think the EF boat would be fine. I like LP to build a boat also, because we can already see land with in one turn of leaving.
We should start spending our money like the viking said, RBing things where smart.

Heading towards Mikes' Chapel (monotheism) seems like the right plan, we will pick up pottery somewhere, or research it if we need it to change to the HG's soon.

I think a settler in Ipec next after the temple. Temple in naervana after the settler. Barracks in LC??? or van??

EDIT: I also like that idea of RBing settler in Naer. building on those hills the Viking pointed out

Thank you Barbarians:worshp: We now have a dip, another archer and a lot more money.

Many domestic issues, three cities almost done with their builds:)

Originally posted by Blissful_Zen
EDIT: I also like that idea of RBing settler in Naer. building on those hills the Viking pointed out
I thought it was the Grassland, not the hills :confused:

Originally posted by TheViking
EF is a good idea for a boat too if we IPRB a settler in Naervana and use it to found a city on the grassland 2E2SE of EF. The boat can then sail 'through' that city since in general we want to head north.
If we found it under the forest SW of that spot, it'd be an even better channel (3 ways) and give better room for a city to the north on the peninsula:)

Originally posted by funxus

If we found it under the forest SW of that spot, it'd be an even better channel (3 ways) and give better room for a city to the north on the peninsula:)
I was going to strongly suggest a canal city; glad to see others beat me to it :thumbsup: I think this forest site has merit if it fits well with the specials pattern, and might leave room for a filler city later in the area we previously argued about a mine city (NW of that spot, somewhere on the two hills or possibly grassland on the 1-square wide strip) which might serve as a better canal city in certain circumstances.

Great job with the barbs :D Lets IPRB some boats and get those dips exploring. If we don't meet somebody soon, we may have to consider researching Pottery, as we will want it sooner than later I'm thinking.

Dang, people are fast to those ideas, I wanted to suggest a canal city too. I also happen to agree that a filler city might be good in that area to build units to put on the boats that the peninsula city would make.

For the meantime though I think we should send out boats from LP to the east and RF to the west. Maybe Neumatic and Ipec could also send a boat out. I would favor putting a dipor two along with a military unit or two on each boat.

For techs, I would favor Map Making as our free advance (if we get Philosophy first) and then Pottery. Also, I don't know if we want to do some heavy duty exploring overseas or not, but if we do we should focus on getting the Lighthouse in one of our cities.

I would favor putting a dipor two along with a military unit or two on each boat.
For techs, I would favor Map Making as our free advance (if we get Philosophy first) and then Pottery.
We've already discovered Map Making, and are now researching Philosophy. Also, the triremes can only carry two units, and I'd prefer at least one to be a settler to start colonising some other island.:)
HG is starting to be needed now, PB had one unhappy citizen to start with.

funxus paraphrase: "Found a city under the Forest exactly between EF and Naervana, it'd be a 3-way channel" and tile well with the land and existing cities, be quick, connect, and provide for another good city on the Pure Green tip 2N 2NE of there. Use the Naer Settler. Do we want to build one Road first? If Naer is going to start a Temple, then Road GLS W of Naer. Another choice is Road the GLS SE of 3Channel.

Science: Hanging Gardens! Needed immediately! IMHO :)

@Funxus- Thanks for the heads up, I had been very tired last night and wasn't thinking straight. As for the tech mix-up, I was looking in the Civilopedia and not checking the Science Advisor. Maybe I should start getting to bed earlier... :)

So yes, I would favor Pottery now as our free advance.

Here are two maps showing possible city sites:

The first map shows that there are IMO only two spots left for cities in the western half of our empire. I don't think we should hurry to found a city at C1 (the one I want named "Barbarians SUCK !!!!!"), it may be dangerous in the near future because of barbarians (but by Murphy's law they shouldn't show up near our barbarian trap :D).

I've marked C2 with a question mark because this is currently a rather bad site with only plains, desert nearby (not much food). This may change once we explore the land north of C2 but that exploration may also reveal that a city NE of C2 is better.

The eastern part of our continent is where the fun is. We should found a city at C3 or C4 next (a trireme from EF can then sail through it if we build a boat in EF). First I liked C3 but I now think funxus' C4 is better despite less food when the city is founded. C5 is a future possibility. We should definitely build at city at C7 in the future (or further NE if possible - we should finish exploring this soon). Finally either a city at C6 (many specials) or C8 (easier for ships to sail north).

I think the preferred "C7" site is actually one more square out - currently in the black. This should be a 3 special site (with 2 at sea and one hidden in the no-sheild grassland square.

Nice to hear people like C4, anyone mind if it was called "Funxus' Channel"? Or something like that, I haven't got a city named after me yet.:)

Personally I would have built a city at C1 (Barbarians suck) with the next possible settler and use the dip, archer and another high attack unit from C1 to defend the two cities.:) People don't seem to like it though, and there aren't that many settlers in the area, since the cities close by are set to caravan-building.

When it comes to the east of our island, I like C6 better, because it has more specials and would make a great city. If we build a city SE of C8 though, we'd be able to fit in one more city east of Nae.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom