Next two cities

Where do the next two settlers go?

• Total voters
Make sure to pick two cities (one for each settler).
"Northern peninsula means north part of CDZ peninsula"
Oops..:blush:

With our land race with CDZ, and relations with the Mavericks going downhill (meaning we can't settle on that peninsula until we are dominant there militarily), we must decide where the next two cities will go. Cities/settlers on the mainland might get traded to CDZ for ereh rO (Cosmos). See CDZ embassy and turn discussion thread for more details. Basically, the four spots we have available are (in no particular order):

1- north of ereh rO (CDZ's cosmos)
a- Singularity
i- Horizon
one- Retaliation spot near Spamville (Antispam)

Any spot on the mainland will get settled first, due to the race. Singularity comes before Horizon, and if they both end up on the mainland, the one with the most votes wins.
Now for my opinion: I selected the retaliation spot and Singularity because CDZ are more likely to not want us building it, and hopefully will accept the deal for Cosmos if we threaten that spot. If not, we steal Spamville's clams. The northern location, IMHO, is just not worth it, I'd rather build Singularity. The incense is just happiness we don't need, and not enough money to pay for the city's maintenance. It gets clams, but so does the retaliation spot.

One benefit of the northern city is that is will box in the CDZ city, making it much more likely they will trade it. It also denies CDZ the happiness from the incense and prevents them from founding another city on our side of the peninsula. They don't want ereh rO isolated so the northen spot is probably where they are planning to found next. We should beat them! The retaliation spot isn't a place that CDZ wants a city so there isn't the same rush to found there.

If we settle to the north of Cosmos then we will have the cultural squeeze on two of their cities. We will eventually choke them with culture provided we keep up the pressure.

You're right in thinking that spices don't really do much for us economically. The site is more about territory denial. Both sites (North of Cosmos and what I'd like to coin "Trend Micro") are roughly equally average as city placement. Ideally the city we're about to found, could-a / should-a / would-a been Cosmos and thus Singularity would be going up next. In the scheme of things this may work out better for us :)

Singularity is fine as one option. With Maverick peninsula kinda looking out I'm not seeing huge pressure to settle Horizon, but perhaps the latest expedition to the Great Quatronian Reef encourages us to settle their eventually (say, three cities out).

On the CDZ side, I personally favor the retaliation/Spamville spot by a bit. I can't see CDZ wanting Spamville being squeezed out either, and Spamville is just as if not more squeezed than ereh Ro would be. It also is enough of a better city in actual development in the near future to tip the scales - the northern city has so much jungle and slow time to growth, while the spamville city can share tiles (bananas, farms, mines) with Resonance, and the Spamville clams when we steal them.

But it is a minor preference and I respect other Q feeling otherwise. I'm hoping that Singularity looks good as a second city (well, unless it swings to voted first, idk) and we'll all be happy about that.

We might also be getting to conquer Maverick cities sooner rather than later, that could also be fun.

Edit: Looking at votes - more than Happy for Mr. Banana to elaborate but the one vote speaks for the priority in one decision I think. As for cav_scout - you think it's feasible we'd settle both on the mainland? Not too much hit on economy and stretching us thin, or was there something else going on there?

Yes it's feasible for us to found two more cities on the CDZ peninsula. Our economy can handle it and it will lock in our position on the peninsula nicely.

The nothern one should go in first since CDZ will be racing there to make sure ereh rO doesn't get cut off. Then we plant the next one by to Spamville to complete the squeeze and make CDZ want to trade us ereh rO to prevent loosing it and Spamville.

Top Bottom