Next week: Gamescom 17. - 21.08.

Haig

Deity
Next week in Köln is Europe's biggest game event Gamescom.

I think someone tweeted Pete Murray(?) who confirmed Firaxis is there? Anyone remember this?

Firaxis is not listed in the site at least..?

I think someone tweeted Pete Murray(?) who confirmed Firaxis is there? Anyone remember this?

Yes, Pete confirmed on Twitter that they will be there.

I'm hoping it's not gonna be the same build as the press conf from the 28th.

I would be very surprised if it is a different build at the conference for any sort of demo purposes. However, new mechanics may get their own billing and staged videos, like the full breakdown of religion may be held until then.

It's likely we'll see the same build. Preparing demos is a significant amount of work, which developers are unlikely to spend. On the other hand, we had some NDAs in the press build (although they were some leaks), so we could expect more info on late-game techs and civics.

I see a first look for Barbarossa coming in two weeks time ;)

And some lucky Guys will have the opportunity to play CIV 6 for an hour at Gamescom as well. I'm really jealous!
Going to a public event in Cologne, that sort of courage is rightfully being rewarded. :shifty:

But advanced build sounds good, probably a lot of changes inc.

Maybe the German Civ will be revealed?

Sorry what does it mean "advanced build" ?
While telling it will be more advanced, he was playing with same (press) build then all the other Youtubers. So usually it should be newer version than that seen build.

Actually for the record, we might not get any videos next week because of the Gamescom the same way we didn't get anything last Thursday (or the thursday before that i have lost any sense of time)

Whatever it is, I hope it's not another gameplay video of first X turns or something, even if it would be a newer build. If I have to watch another video of someone trying to desperately move units around, never figuring out the movement rules, I'll hurt myself.

Top Bottom