Nextwar mod, Why?

Ossian

Warlord
I was just wondering why the Nextwar mod wasn't included in the base BTS and why it was made into a mod, why didn't firaxis think mechs and such were a good idea to add?

I'm just wondering, I haven't played it that much so does it have a big flaw or something or did it just leave the civ feel? :confused:

I can't speak for Firaxis, but in general, the core Civilization game has traditionally ended at the modern era, or just slightly thereafter. They probably felt that it should be left as a mod, so that the typical player wasn't forced to play through a 'future' era unless they were interested in that experience.

The 'epic' game mod for NextWar has a bit of a slap-dash feel, though, and doesn't seem as though much work was put forth in it. I have done a rework based on the NextWar (building on work done originally by Ansible, another user in the forum,) adding a few tweaks to make the mod more enjoyable. (Revised techs for the space race, voice-overs, no inclusion of the NextWar civs like America, Inc.) Click on the link on my signature if you're interested in checking it out.

Thanks for the speedy reply and I guess my assumptions about it might be not civ like was correct.

I just got BTS and I'm wondering what I got myself into, it seems so full of bugs compared to CIVIV

Next War is a ton ton of fun, play it and you'll love it.
Just make sure earth does not crack like an egg, that always happens to me. :(

Ossian - BTS is worth getting used to, even if you don't much go for espionage and corporations, it's worth it just for the better AI - also install patch 3.13 and a large chunk of the bugs should go. Maybe... :)

Top Bottom