1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nextwar mod, Why?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Ossian, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Ossian

Ossian Warlord

I was just wondering why the Nextwar mod wasn't included in the base BTS and why it was made into a mod, why didn't firaxis think mechs and such were a good idea to add?

I'm just wondering, I haven't played it that much so does it have a big flaw or something or did it just leave the civ feel? :confused:

2. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

I can't speak for Firaxis, but in general, the core Civilization game has traditionally ended at the modern era, or just slightly thereafter. They probably felt that it should be left as a mod, so that the typical player wasn't forced to play through a 'future' era unless they were interested in that experience.

The 'epic' game mod for NextWar has a bit of a slap-dash feel, though, and doesn't seem as though much work was put forth in it. I have done a rework based on the NextWar (building on work done originally by Ansible, another user in the forum,) adding a few tweaks to make the mod more enjoyable. (Revised techs for the space race, voice-overs, no inclusion of the NextWar civs like America, Inc.) Click on the link on my signature if you're interested in checking it out.

3. Ossian

Ossian Warlord

Thanks for the speedy reply and I guess my assumptions about it might be not civ like was correct.

I just got BTS and I'm wondering what I got myself into, it seems so full of bugs compared to CIVIV

4. Party

Party Warlord

Next War is a ton ton of fun, play it and you'll love it.
    Just make sure earth does not crack like an egg, that always happens to me. :(

5. Airefuego

Airefuego King

Ossian - BTS is worth getting used to, even if you don't much go for espionage and corporations, it's worth it just for the better AI - also install patch 3.13 and a large chunk of the bugs should go. Maybe... :)

6. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator