Nexus Buddy 2

Nexus Buddy 2 - Granny Editor for Civ 5 2.5.3

What is the hotkey for Merge then?
Also, the model is already single-mesh and I already deleted the parts of the elf that were encased in the armor.
And finally, the unit works fine ingame according to a friend of mine who tested it. And it causes no problems with civ5.

Not sure if I should ask here, but this seems the best place to get an answer. What is the maximum number of vertices that are supported by Nexus Viewer? An Elven Heavy Swordsman has 8119 because of elaborate armor, while the dragon has only about 3000. And if the number of vertices is too high, two questions: (a) will it still work ingame? (b) how can I reduce the number of vertices?
Thanks.

Try using Rem Doubles to remove vertices that share the same location. There is also a script under Mesh called Simplify or something which will reduce the complexity of the mesh.

Hello, please help, I can't use the NexusBuddy.
At the first time, I run NexusBuddy2.0.exe WHITHOUT the SDK, then a small window appear-- it is a pity that I don't remember what exactly the window is. Then, nothing happen. I re-click the NexusBuddy2.0.exe for many times, still nothing happens.

Now I install the SDK, but when I run NexusBuddy2.0.exe ,still nothing happen!

Please Help!

P.S. OS: win8.0 x64

i got it to work.

@Deliverator this is how i fixed it:
1) you need to unzip the program in the same folder as the nexus viewer
2) you need to have the nexus viewer runable without errors (i had issues where i had to change 2 entries in registry using regedit.exe correcting some paths

Just adding this for other people who have the issue of not being able to run NexusBuddy 2: I followed tesb's instructions above and it worked. Thanks a lot tesb! :goodjob: I had to copy all the individual files in the zipped folder into the same folder as the Nexus Viewer, which for me was:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK\Nexus\x86

I did not overwrite any existing files.

Just FYI, I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, with .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack

Just adding this for other people who have the issue of not being able to run NexusBuddy 2: I followed tesb's instructions above and it worked. Thanks a lot tesb! :goodjob: I had to copy all the individual files in the zipped folder into the same folder as the Nexus Viewer, which for me was:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK\Nexus\x86

I did not overwrite any existing files.

Just FYI, I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, with .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack

Well , no, this dosen't work.:(

do you meam place all the Nexusbuddy2.0 files into the \Nexus\x86 folder? it dosen't work, I click on the NexusBuddy2.0.exe and still nothing happens.

Is this problem relate to I am using Win8.0 rather than Win8.1 ?

That's good to know :) how about you list out all the steps that you did, so that maybe, just maybe one of them would help someone else? Its always worth a try.

That's good to know :) how about you list out all the steps that you did, so that maybe, just maybe one of them would help someone else? Its always worth a try.

I do two things
That may work too. I've just tested changing the hint paths to relative paths and NexusBuddy 2.0 works on both my computers now! :D Win8 and Win7, both 64 bit.

I've attached a recompiled version. The only thing I changed was the DLL hint paths and for some reason I had to add this to "App.config" get it to compile on my computer:

Code:
  <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources
   enabled="true"/>
  </runtime>

Great work, Deliverator! This tool is pretty awesome, I'm gonna try out custom feature art right away. Great idea including granny viewer btw, I was never able to find a copy of that program!

2, I installed the Visuall C# 2010 which include the .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack.

So, hello there good people. I've been trying to reskin the truffles and I noticed a strange issue. When I load the truffles.gr2 model one of the materials dissappears (it still exists referenced on the meshes, but not on the material list), called "pig texture"... I changed the material the meshes reference to, but it didn't seem to be a good idea, as the mod crashed after being enabled... I find it likely that the material still exists, but it somehow got lost, and the crash is generated for reading a file referencing to an unexistant texture or something. Any ideas?

Great work, Deliverator.

But I downloaded version 2.1 and tried to open some CivBE alien .gr2 files (i.e. alien_flyer.gr2 and barbalien.gr2) and it's not properly reading the materials. The first section on the left, the one with Mesh Name and Material, is blank. And then the second section just below, with Material and Type, only has UnitShader_Skinned under the latter.

I've extracted all the new stuff to Nexus' x86 folder.

I only need to point some .gr2 to different diffuse textures. :sad:

Great work, Deliverator.

But I downloaded version 2.1 and tried to open some CivBE alien .gr2 files (i.e. alien_flyer.gr2 and barbalien.gr2) and it's not properly reading the materials. The first section on the left, the one with Mesh Name and Material, is blank. And then the second section just below, with Material and Type, only has UnitShader_Skinned under the latter.

I've extracted all the new stuff to Nexus' x86 folder.

I only need to point some .gr2 to different diffuse textures. :sad:

Ekmek said:
yeah I tried exporting them too and the skeleton gets lost too.

Sorry I haven't had time to write a tutorial on working with the Civ BE stuff yet.

The key point is that you need to load the relevant string database first before loading the Civ BE .gr2 file.

For units:
1) Go the Advanced Actions tab and click Load String Database and select the unitmodels_stringdatabase.gsd from the unpacked Unit Models.
2) Load whichever unit .gr2 you are interested in.
3) Switching back to Edit Model tab, you should now see that all the string data is now populated Mesh Names, Material Names, Texture Paths, etc.
4) If you now do Save As the string names will get saved into the resulting .gr2 so from then on it can be treated as you would any Civ V .gr2.

The Resave All Files in Directory provides a batch facility for apply the string names to all .gr2 files in a directory. This will create a new copy of every .gr2 with the string names populated so I haven't used it for all the units at once - it will take a while and create a shedload of data. What I've done the model .gr2 and all animation .gr2 files to a directory and then used Resave All Files on that after loading the string database.

Hope this helps - I'll write up a short tutorial on this when I get the chance.

Now this is likely a very stupid question but I double click on nexusbuddy, I do have the framework install but the program will close with no exception or anything happening :-/

not even a single window opened

There are some pointers further up the thread on getting it to work - see especially this post and this post.

Top Bottom