Nexus Buddy 2

Nexus Buddy 2 - Granny Editor for Civ 5 2.5.3

Great work on the BR2 export but I have come across a issue with scale. It seems that when I export a Civ4 unit that has been scaled up to Civ5 unit size in blender the BR2 export script reduces it to original scale (1.0 I think). I know you are busy atm so when you get round to doing more work on this could you look into the scale?

Thanks again Deliverator.:)

Hey there. I've been trying to make a reskin of the Great Prophet model, however, Nexus Buddy can't seem to be able of opening it (neither can GrannyMaterialHacker or MaterialMaker)

Any way of doing this?

Maybe I'm confused, but how would Texmod help? The texture is just fine; the problem is editing the model to point to a different texture (unless you're OK with just replacing the Great Prophet's texture altogether).

EDIT: Unless the user runs the game through Texmod, I guess. But that's not a very good solution. ;)

Wouldn't you have to use the 3D Printscreen method and recreate the skeleton?

Yeah, I can get the skin just fine, so Textmod isn't exactly what I need... I'll check if 3d printscreen works...

What do i exactly have to do, that it will work for me on win 7 64 bit?
I have .net framework 4 and msvcp10.dll
recompiled version + beta 6.0 does not work

help please

DEliverator:

any suggestions on this error when I try to export to BR2 from blender? This is what the console says

Code:
Start BR2 Export...
Decode Bone Name: "B_ FACIAL_RIG_WO00             " >
                  " FACIAL_RIG_WORLD                         "
Decode Mesh Name: M_DARIUS_TE00WER_poly > DARIUS_TEETH_LOWER_poly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Lycian\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blende
pts\export_br2.py", line 332, in saveBR2
    filedata += '%i %i %i\n' % tuple(triangle)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

It won't make a BR2 when this happens. Maybe we should have the script finish the BR2 with the bad bone name then we can manually correct it in text pad based on what the error says?

Hey there Mr Deliverator.

I noticed something strange, regarding the material LandmarkShader:

From my tests, it seems that the HeightTexture part of the LandmarkShader isn't working after saving it from Nexus Buddy, it seems that the Texture isn't being loaded at all, because any change I make to the height map isn't shown, and it keeps that height border.

I tested copying .dds heightmaps directly, to see if it was the way I was saving the texture, and it didn't work. and I tested with changing the Lumbermill to see if it was my model, and it didn't work either...

Any ideas on what might cause it?

Great work on the BR2 export but I have come across a issue with scale. It seems that when I export a Civ4 unit that has been scaled up to Civ5 unit size in blender the BR2 export script reduces it to original scale (1.0 I think). I know you are busy atm so when you get round to doing more work on this could you look into the scale?)

Sounds like you need to use Ctrl-A and apply Scale and Rotation to Obdata before exporting. This is usually a good idea anyway as otherwise any scaling/rotation adjustments you have made might not be permanent.

DEliverator:

any suggestions on this error when I try to export to BR2 from blender? This is what the console says

Code:
Start BR2 Export...
Decode Bone Name: "B_ FACIAL_RIG_WO00             " >
                  " FACIAL_RIG_WORLD                         "
Decode Mesh Name: M_DARIUS_TE00WER_poly > DARIUS_TEETH_LOWER_poly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Lycian\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blende
pts\export_br2.py", line 332, in saveBR2
    filedata += '%i %i %i\n' % tuple(triangle)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

It won't make a BR2 when this happens. Maybe we should have the script finish the BR2 with the bad bone name then we can manually correct it in text pad based on what the error says?

The error isn't to do with the bone names - it looks like something is wrong with the triangle data. Potentially it is because the teeth aren't rigged to any bone? If you upload a .blend file that gives this error I can take a look at some point.

What do i exactly have to do, that it will work for me on win 7 64 bit?
I have .net framework 4 and msvcp10.dll
recompiled version + beta 6.0 does not work

Not sure what the issue is. I have Win 7 64-bit myself. Do you have the Civ 5 SDK installed? Any detail on the error?

I noticed something strange, regarding the material LandmarkShader:

Any ideas on what might cause it?

You are breaking new ground here - I don't think anyone has done anything with HeightTexture yet as far as I know including myself. I've only really played around with Units and Leader graphics.

Can someone tell me if it is now possible to rework the existing Wonder assets to be able to use as improvements, without appearing in a constant "under construction" state? And if Nexus Buddy 2 is going to get me there? I keep hoping someone will do this for me, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. Alas, my ignorance on 3D art assets is going to make this challenging at best.

Top Bottom