Nexus Buddy 2

Nexus Buddy 2 - Granny Editor for Civ 5 2.5.3

Sounds like you need to use Ctrl-A and apply Scale and Rotation to Obdata before exporting.

Worked great, fixed the problem. I had no idea about this command, thanks for the tip.

Can someone tell me if it is now possible to rework the existing Wonder assets to be able to use as improvements, without appearing in a constant "under construction" state? And if Nexus Buddy 2 is going to get me there? I keep hoping someone will do this for me, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. Alas, my ignorance on 3D art assets is going to make this challenging at best.

I think its easier now. Because we can import the wonders assets as separate meshes. I think you can delete the parts you don't need and make separate HB, pillaged, and complete ones.

I know I promised to do it a long time ago but the rabbit hole of of making a new leader consumes my time.

If I don't get a breakthrough on leaders I may take another swing at it but make a tutorial to go with it.

@Ekmek,

I sure hope you do. I think opening up improvement graphics for modders (if it really is moddable now) would be very appreciated.

@Ekmek,

I sure hope you do. I think opening up improvement graphics for modders (if it really is moddable now) would be very appreciated.

for me danrell's method here worked. I did get you that Oracle I just didn't do the half built stuff because at the time the model would be imported by 3dxml and be merged. now its easier since they will be imported separately and also we now can get the textures too.

I am going to put a hack fix into my import/export scripts so that a mapping from the shortened name to the full name gets stored in the Armature data on import and extracted again on export.

Until this fix do you think it would work to rename to the full name in the .br2 file using a text editor before converting to .gr2? I have had issues with some unit templates and I think it might be to do with the long names.

I've been trying to use Nexus Buddy but it keeps crashing before it even opens. I tried using the version S3rgeus posted in the first page, it didn't work, I tried downgrading my .NET framework from 4.5 to 4.0. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Is there anything else that could cause the problem?

I've been trying to use Nexus Buddy but it keeps crashing before it even opens. I tried using the version S3rgeus posted in the first page, it didn't work, I tried downgrading my .NET framework from 4.5 to 4.0. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Let me guess. Do you have Windows 7 home version?! So you need Telerik wincontrols 2009. It's quite expensive.

Let me guess. Do you have Windows 7 home version?! So you need Telerik wincontrols 2009. It's quite expensive.

I don't know where you got this idea. I don't have anything to do with Telerik wincontrols on my machine and it works OK. It shouldn't require anything other than .NET and Civ 5.

AdmiralSkye said:

My guess is that the people who it is working for have something set in the registry that other people don't have. Have you installed and run the Civ 5 SDK from Steam?

Otherwise it is quite hard to debug seeing as I have Windows 7 64-bit and it works fine for me.

Until this fix do you think it would work to rename to the full name in the .br2 file using a text editor before converting to .gr2? I have had issues with some unit templates and I think it might be to do with the long names.

This bone/mesh name encoding is in the latest import/export scripts.

Hard Question # 3092:

Can one make custom projectiles with all the advancements the new Nexus Buddy has?

Hey Deliverator sorry to be the slow hick in the room but could maybe give me a quick rundown on how to port civ4 units to civ5? Since it looks like your breakthroughs have pretty much made most parts of your older tutorials kinda obsolete. :)

Hard Question # 3092:

Can one make custom projectiles with all the advancements the new Nexus Buddy has?
should be doable since I converted the projectile gr2s. What needs to happen to use the new gr2s? I'm not sure
Hey Deliverator sorry to be the slow hick in the room but could maybe give me a quick rundown on how to port civ4 units to civ5? Since it looks like your breakthroughs have pretty much made most parts of your older tutorials kinda obsolete. :)

quick a dirty would be to import the civ5 unit you want as a base then import a civ4 unit that you want to convert. rig the civ meshes to the civ5 bones and delete the civ5 mesh.

quick a dirty would be to import the civ5 unit you want as a base then import a civ4 unit that you want to convert. rig the civ meshes to the civ5 bones and delete the civ5 mesh.

Gotcha, so do I import the civ4 mesh via nifscripts or is .obj better? I've had some problems importing certain .nifs and would like a workaround is there is one. :blush:

Well. The problem isn't in Telerik utils. I don't know why it worked before reinstallation and isn't working now. I reinstalled Visual Studio, several versions of .Net framework. But it doesn't work.

Gotcha, so do I import the civ4 mesh via nifscripts or is .obj better? I've had some problems importing certain .nifs and would like a workaround is there is one. :blush:

objs are fine. you can do it from nikskope but delete other meshes or it will just pick what ever it wants to export

Hey guys! I found it. :D

Just unblock all files in your NexusBuddy folder.

objs are fine. you can do it from nikskope but delete other meshes or it will just pick what ever it wants to export

Ok, so if I wan't the whole unit I have to export all the meshes separately then put them all back together in blender and rig them to the Civ5 skeleton?

Top Bottom